Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: Economy needs a fix Solution
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
LudaKrishna Wrote:not really.

adam, sapphire and daemon steel are still super rare and hard to mine/high priced.

same goes for black rock/oceanic

not to mention not that many ppl are GM in blacksmity either....I think like 4-5 more ppl gmed it since.

ppl r just pissed off they don't own that domain of stuff (ie pots/scrolls/ar), well news ppl thats wut happens when u get a lot of ppl on a shard lol. It's called competition, just because people are gaining it or have GM'ed it doesn't mean it's not hard it means that ppl actually spent time and now ur pissed off cuz someone else can craft it.

You might be right on the rare armors, but the others... there are TONS. If you really wanted I could start making tons of low level sets and sell em all for 1-5k. I think that'd be bad for the server though, regardless of how much petty cash I could make off of it.
Rabbi Samild Wrote:That's not what you "does". You don't even play here. GH, GH, MA, recall. :/

lmao who wants to play a server with 5 people on... I left when there was no competition in pvp. once theres no pvp competition, my role is over, and so I leave.

What happened to this server happened to XUO twice, and I was there till the end for both XUOS as they slowly died down and closed. But I avoided that here, waiting to get outta beta to return.

so Yes I do play here, But I havent been for a while. I have everything I need for once the server is up and running...

Anyways, im done with this online flamming, id rather do it ingame Big Grin. im leaving work anyways, so wordd!!

let's get back to this topic cause obviously its important.
Silverwolf Wrote:Lol funny you ask me how old I am, i'm 21 actually. My question is what's your reading power at? a 5 year old? Where did I say anything about nuking money? lmao, I said I didnt care if you had 2x the money you had, because it wont change anything... Because you and I both know, your HARDCORE!

Damn you're 21? My bad. Do me a favor bro. I don't give a damn how much you kill me, loot my shit whatever because I can get it back. We both win - you get my old gear, I get new gear. What this all started over was you being a damn immature prick and slandering me for no reason. We got mutual friends man, so on that let's cut the bullshit and quit getting in eachother's shit for no reason. Not sure what your deal is today, maybe it's your time of the month, had a bad exam or some shit, but cut it the **** out. Nuff said.

Regards.
Silverwolf Wrote:lmao who wants to play a server with 5 people on... I left when there was no competition in pvp. once theres no pvp competition, my role is over, and so I leave.

What happened to this server happened to XUO twice, and I was there till the end for both XUOS as they slowly died down and closed. But I avoided that here, waiting to get outta beta to return.

so Yes I do play here, But I havent been for a while. I have everything I need for once the server is up and running.

I liked playing when there were fewer people because it forced me to explore and get to know shit. Why the hell do you NOT play when there are 5? Oh, because you pvp. Makes sense. Well I PVM, so wtf? I'm not about to back down from the big bad Silverwolf with his BOLD statements and his threats. Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.
hi all, i've been reading the posts here and i have to express myself out.

First, i don't know why you guys flame Rabbi. I would like to have the time he had. And don't forget one thing, he got rich in a time where no one had skills. While you guys were talking and doing nothing he was macroing and hunting. The called "pvpers" only started to macro a bit when the server got so low in players. Like smoke, he didnt had no one to gank so he macroed.

While there was pvp and ganking, rabbi was macroing, hunting and selling things that no one could produce. In those days he had the power to set the price he wanted and people bought his items. Why? because there wasnt a single player with all that skills avalaible.

Many of the people started to macro hard when the server "died" in terms of playerbase. Now there are tons of people with more than 3k of skillsum.
If he gained gold with sheeps, he gained, what you want to do now? instead of ganking and doing whatever you did, you should done the same.

Now about the economy here my opinion:
- Perhaps making items with a lower success rate is good;
- Mining to GM left me with ingots enough to make 1000 blackrock armors, lots of diamond rock, etc. Perhaps reducing the amount of success, amount of ore, increasing the skill required?
- More armors, and weapons. Make recipe armors too, with ingredients needed like the weapons. Increase number of ingredients needed, or types of them.
- In real life, in a shopping vendors have to make a concurrency agreement. If in a shopping theres a shop who sells A, there's no other with that A. Or they agree to set a price interval between them. For example, we agree to make item A sold between 400k-500k, shop Rabbi sells it for 500k but my shop sells it for 420k plus a Armor.
- One type of item per vendor. No a vendor with all items in world. Only 2 or 3 vendors per player. Like if im in the armory industry i cant sell potions.
- Out of the vendor area in east britain, players with vendors in towns should pay a tax. If i want a public shop in a town i must pay a tax to the governor.
- Outside towns or unguarded players can set up the prices they want but the player has to realize the risk.

- Make factions? (i'm going to be super flamed :x, lol). If a guild controls a town, players must pay the tax.

- Selling profession, if a players choose a profession he can only sell items of that type not other. Here we could prevent monopoly (we say monopoly? lol).

- More items isnt the solution, i cant manage all quests, in fact i dont know every quests in world. I lost the count. Rides? the same. But im not a false dude, i want more items, rides, etc.

- Would it be possible to make house deeds? Like i make a custom house, transform it to deed and sell it...

There are more that i cant remember xD...

Please correct my opinions and be constructive with the pros and cons.

Regards,
Solid Wink.
Rabbi Samild Wrote:I'm not about to back down from the big bad Silverwolf .

yeah... well you should! he shits out more Kal Vas Flams than a DRAGON... yes, a real life fukin.. ANCIENT DRAGON! not no normal dragon... nah, an ANCIENT one... yeah what?

lol, anyways Solid you got some pretty decent points and some which have been mentioned before.

Solid[PT];60576 Wrote:Now about the economy here my opinion:
- Perhaps making items with a lower success rate is good;
- reducing the amount of success, amount of ore, increasing the skill required?
- More armors, and weapons. Make recipe armors too, with ingredients needed like the weapons. Increase number of ingredients needed, or types of them.
- Out of the vendor area in east britain, players with vendors in towns should pay a tax. If i want a public shop in a town i must pay a tax to the governor.
- Outside towns or unguarded players can set up the prices they want but the player has to realize the risk.

- Make factions? (i'm going to be super flamed :x, lol). If a guild controls a town, players must pay the tax.

those few are good ideas, your idea about redeeding a house in its current state and selling it sounds interesting but dont think its possible. also like the idea about the town business and tax to be paid, or rent in other words..

and fractions, i actually like the idea of having player run towns.. but thats not now anyways, that would be a future thing if the population goes up as expected.
Silverwolf Wrote:Jamie you know as much as I know that I dont care 2 cents about items... You know that money for me isnt a problem and I can get it at anytime. you know that I can live off of 1 set of armor and not care, cause I'm a pvper and I dont need much more than my scrolls/pots/and reags... and i have my gmed alchemy and inscript...

so im definately not complaining because you guys had the time to get more gold or what not by playing when it was slow...

all major servers, or i would say, 80% of them... died because of economys being f'ed...

IF theres no VALUE to the most VALUABLE things your selling. than theres NO REASON to be playing... nothing will attract you to continue playing because EVERYTHING is at the tip of your fingers... that's the problem...

If we was just to remove certain things or REDUCE the amount of them a little, it would help big time...

Jamie, at the end of the day... IF people removed scrolls/pots/ AND EVEN armors... you have GM blacksmith, alchemy, inscript... ETC...

it's not like starting from scratch because you have all your skills already, getting the potions or scrolls isn't hard at all.. PLUS you get a starting package of 250k!! man thats enough to start your own scrolls/pots business again...

this isn't a drastic change if items get removed, it will make things more valuable and WORTH playing for... again... thats my opinion and its based on FACTS..

I only read the first page on this thread so this may have been said alrdy but..

I know a wipe won't be made because the promises thats already been made although It would be a very good idea..

Personally as a pvper if everyone has a shit ton of money including myself and everything is cheap and excess amounts of it.. like armors / weaps I would stray away from certain types of stuff...

For example Blank player wants to duel me for 1mill + tourny gear. This player is equally matched or around the same skill level.. Why would I risk the duel? If money and armor is already easily attainable and I have tons of pvp items? If everything was wiped im sure people would take that risk.. seeing as how that would be a lot... and the other player loses all.. thats the fun in these types of things.. not awww i died.. oh well i have 20 more sets. Of course some players would rather duel at high amounts when they have a backup if they lose but whats the fun? theres no adrenaline in that or a reason for that.. bah IDK im terrible at explaining things anyways
One thing I've got to say about most of the pvpers here is that they do it for fun and are pretty good sports about it. It's usually *kill* *cut* *recall to bank* and not *kill* *aksjdasljdalk hahahah n000000b jajajaja!! pwned!!!!!* *reskill* *reskill* *take photos* *more sdjkahdjhfs hahah n00b jajjajajaj!! pwned!!*

Maybe it's because UO has been out for so long and we're older now Wink
Rabbi Samild Wrote:One thing I've got to say about most of the pvpers here is that they do it for fun and are pretty good sports about it. It's usually *kill* *cut* *recall to bank* and not *kill* *aksjdasljdalk hahahah n000000b jajajaja!! pwned!!!!!* *reskill* *reskill* *take photos* *more sdjkahdjhfs hahah n00b jajjajajaj!! pwned!!*

Maybe it's because UO has been out for so long and we're older now Wink

Haha, I remember like it was yesterday how the fights/ganks would last all of 2 minutes preceeded by 30 minutes of shit talking. I even remember when people would remain as ghosts after being killed and talking shit while dead forever.... great stuff.
Epistemology Wrote:Haha, I remember like it was yesterday how the fights/ganks would last all of 2 minutes preceeded by 30 minutes of shit talking. I even remember when people would remain as ghosts after being killed and talking shit while dead forever.... great stuff.

The funny part being you don't see what a ghost is saying other than ooOoOooOooOo and set themselves up to be reskilled Wink
So I have seen a few good ideas here and have some of my own as well. I'm not totally sure which way to go with it yet but I did just come up with a gold sink that would make me happy because it would make a useless skill have some value. Keep in mind this is just a random suggestion.

Item Identification & Arms Lore
These skills could be required to be used in the daily life of a trader. Simply put, making all weapons and armors found on mobs require this skill to know what they are. These skills could actually consume an appraisal fee on use. For the sake of explaining, lets say this fee is 50 gold. Every time you find anything with magical properties it would say something like "An unknown magical item" and using item id would reveal the items attack level or armor level and arms lore would show the accuracy bonus or durability bonus.
Or something like that.

Now I know 50 gold is not much of a sink but having to use the skill twice to properly identify it makes it 100 and vendors could be set to only buy identified items. So if you are looking for vanq weapons only, you would simply only use item id to see if you got what you are looking for, if so you would continue with arms lore. If you were hunting and picking up everything you see for resale, you would have to identify both ways in order to sell it to vendors or players.

If you think this is stupid, you may be right but I hate skills having no use and while thinking up of ways to add gold sinks, this came to mind. So if you think it could work but needs tweaking, make some suggestions, if you hate it, tell me why.

I have a few other things that should create very nice gold sinks in the works but I'm looking for more of a daily gold sink to keep things even.

In any case, this is what happens when skill gain is too easy :p When craft and harvest skills are tough, people tend to only focus on certain skills. Granted the low playerbase and not too much else to do plays a part but people would have mostly stuck to just a few crafts if they had all been difficult.

Chances are, with some of the upcoming additions and new players there won't be much to worry about but planning just in case won't hurt. So keep the ideas coming if you have any and stay on topic. This is potentially an important discussion.
Shade Wrote:So I have seen a few good ideas here and have some of my own as well. I'm not totally sure which way to go with it yet but I did just come up with a gold sink that would make me happy because it would make a useless skill have some value. Keep in mind this is just a random suggestion.

Item Identification & Arms Lore
These skills could be required to be used in the daily life of a trader. Simply put, making all weapons and armors found on mobs require this skill to know what they are. These skills could actually consume an appraisal fee on use. For the sake of explaining, lets say this fee is 50 gold. Every time you find anything with magical properties it would say something like "An unknown magical item" and using item id would reveal the items attack level or armor level and arms lore would show the accuracy bonus or durability bonus.
Or something like that.

Now I know 50 gold is not much of a sink but having to use the skill twice to properly identify it makes it 100 and vendors could be set to only buy identified items. So if you are looking for vanq weapons only, you would simply only use item id to see if you got what you are looking for, if so you would continue with arms lore. If you were hunting and picking up everything you see for resale, you would have to identify both ways in order to sell it to vendors or players.

If you think this is stupid, you may be right but I hate skills having no use and while thinking up of ways to add gold sinks, this came to mind. So if you think it could work but needs tweaking, make some suggestions, if you hate it, tell me why.

I have a few other things that should create very nice gold sinks in the works but I'm looking for more of a daily gold sink to keep things even.

In any case, this is what happens when skill gain is too easy :p When craft and harvest skills are tough, people tend to only focus on certain skills. Granted the low playerbase and not too much else to do plays a part but people would have mostly stuck to just a few crafts if they had all been difficult.

Chances are, with some of the upcoming additions and new players there won't be much to worry about but planning just in case won't hurt. So keep the ideas coming if you have any and stay on topic. This is potentially an important discussion.

What if to participate in the high end PvP tournaments you were required to have a license (like a drivers license) to participate that had to be renewed every week/month for like 25k?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8