Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: Economy needs a fix Solution
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Epistemology Wrote:What if we wiped items and left gold. Except for Rabbi's 55 million thats insane. Btw, didn't he get all that money by exploiting something that was eventually did away with?

I made roughly 10mil with sheeping and that was done away with around the time I bought the Lyc, which took be back down to 2 mil. I've played my ass off on this server, hunting, busting my ass GMing crafting skills, and invested a lot of time with my vendors. To make a claim that I exploited bugs to get gold is unfounded and conjecture. What proof do you have to sling this slander? Where were you when server population was 4 and I was the only one on STILL busting my ass playing so the staff would still have a reason to keep this place up?

I've killed the crypt keeper 400 times. Figure out how much gold that is then multiply that by everything else I've done here. I have done every single thing in this game except pvp, and I've only avoided pvp because I have strong relationships with so many people here and I'm not going to start killing my friends and ruining the rapport I have with people for stuff I can get myself. I'm hardcore to the max and you're not. That's the reason I have gold and you don't. Quit being so damn green.

Back your shit up, for ****'s sake.

Regards.
Like Ryuuku said, I could easily destroy the economy by macroing craft skills all day and making prices the bare minimum so that other crafters couldn't even get into the market without taking a loss. The problem is that we have too many people that don't understand that if you drop prices to the knees that not only do they NOT PROFIT from it, but it hurts THE ENTIRE SHARD. I sort've agree with setting a minimum price on items, but you can't do that without GM regulation and that's not something that will happen here. Craft skills are apparently too easy, as there are new players who get in, GM skills only to drop the prices below the next guy. We're moving toward perfect competition where the price of goods is the cost of the good to the crafter.

Here's an idea! If you're a crafter, instead of paying to buy regs and and spend time macroing, just take the 10-15 minutes to go hunt and make the extra gold it takes to bridge the gap between reg cost and the price people are selling stuff for. I've bought countless BS scrolls and mana pots because it helps the economy and EVEN MAKES MY JOB EASIER! All I have to do is hunt and play and have a good time instead of setting up macros and taking myself out of the fight.

Regards.
Silverwolf Wrote:you dont even need to ask that question.... I guarantee more than half of that was exploited and the rest made himself... he just probably didnt get caught at the time. and i bet he made all of that off of sheep...

And you, Mr Professional Forum Troll, get in game and commit some time to this place or you can stfu.
Your right Rabbi, I apologize for dragging your name through the mud. I have played here for a while, and never really had the chance to get to know you so it was wrong of me to throw your name around.

After reading all the posts again in both threads I have come to the understanding that I was being unfair in my statements. We need to just be thankful the shard has a new server and is about to be back up. I am sure everything will work itself out.
Regulating prices is a thing I would never want to do. I could understand adding a sticky to the trading thread with a MSRP of all items so new people with vendors could get an idea of how much they should be selling for.

There will always be pricing wars though, I mean even if we regulate vendors we would have people bypassing that and selling goods in front of banks.

Honestly everyone should rethink their prices though. As we launch the new server demand will be much much higher and you guys will no longer have to fight over sales. Smoke had the right idea (omg rly?) about setting a standard rate for prices but enforcing it is going too far. It will be up to those of you who sells good to work together a bit to even out your own prices.

I have some gold sinks in mind and hopefully they will be ready for the launch. However, some of these will remain a secret until they are ready. Also after reading this I may consider rebalancing some craft tables and making more luxurious items a bit more pricey as well. I'll look into it when I get back, on my way out right now.
Please continue discussing though. Some fresh ideas would be helpful.
Setting a Price base just mean our server can build a price list on main site.

Why? Cause people just gonna sell by the price base.

If you set the price base of a keg of mana potions to 10k, everyone gonna sell for 10k.

I dont care if we do it , if the profit on the price base is good, im fine with it.

Like a keg of mana potion (Full) atm need 3.87k just for regs, and like 500gp to make the keg (if you count the price of iron as 11gp and logs 14).

So after all you need 4.3k Just to make it.

And you need 9 min to craft everything if you already have all on you. So I think 10min of my time here on game worth at last 5k (10k to be fair, 1k per minut =P) . ( I can make 20k hunting on that time)

So the final being 10k is not bad. But Atm people want to buy it for max 5k !!!
Thats why I dont have a vendor with things on he , dont worth my time.
Shade Wrote:Regulating prices is a thing I would never want to do. I could understand adding a sticky to the trading thread with a MSRP of all items so new people with vendors could get an idea of how much they should be selling for.

There will always be pricing wars though, I mean even if we regulate vendors we would have people bypassing that and selling goods in front of banks.

Honestly everyone should rethink their prices though. As we launch the new server demand will be much much higher and you guys will no longer have to fight over sales. Smoke had the right idea (omg rly?) about setting a standard rate for prices but enforcing it is going too far. It will be up to those of you who sells good to work together a bit to even out your own prices.

I have some gold sinks in mind and hopefully they will be ready for the launch. However, some of these will remain a secret until they are ready. Also after reading this I may consider rebalancing some craft tables and making more luxurious items a bit more pricey as well. I'll look into it when I get back, on my way out right now.
Please continue discussing though. Some fresh ideas would be helpful.

I think it would be a good idea to boost player activity would be to implement craftable items that required rare items to craft. These rare items could be achieved rarely through competing in tournies or questing in hard dungeons.

For example,

There could be tournaments (PvP) to where the winner recieved a rune to a dungeon that no one can go to. In other words, the only way to this specific dungeon was by winning this tournament. This dungeon would be difficult and probably require multiple people to clear it out. In this dungeon the main boss would drop an item used to craft a special sword or something. This type of idea would make guilds be able to utilize multiple members like the pvprs of the guild would get the rune while the questers of the guild would attain the special item from the dungeon where the crafters could then make the items. I think its ideas like these that we should be shooting for. Ones that would almost "force" people to explore all facets of the game.
Shade Wrote:Please continue discussing though. Some fresh ideas would be helpful.

Increase the amount of time it takes to make scrolls and pots. They are the most consumed items on the shard. If you have a demand of 1000 pots a day on the shard and we can produce 1500 a day, then there is excess and the price is driven down. By increasing the timer to make it so we can only produce 800 pots a day, those pots become more valuable and it will either draw more people in (which there is a limit) to pot making or the prices will increase. Same works for scrolls. Even those with stockpiles, if they WANT to keep selling low will eventually run out (and be selling on the low end in the mean time). If the delay to make things goes up people will want to start hoarding the low priced items to sell them higher at a later time.

Regards.
I think that resources will get more expensive just out of itself while there is a high population on the new server.

As Silverwolf said in this or the other topic. Now there are tons of scrolls while there were 20 people active. If this goes up to 60 - 100 average players a day more resources will be needed as well.

Another thing is that most (if not all) events are supplied. And thus the resources are not needed. Only the people who gank need scrolls and pots and I think that you use less there than in a good duel (I haven't pvped that much lately so I could be wrong). But the fact is that when more tournaments won't be supplied, more resources will be used.

I also hear that champions take more resources than they give. It might be good to keep it that way. You pay for the fun you get =] A few people will get the good items, while others don't get that much.

This would only apply on scrolls and pots though. Armor and weapons have a much longer lifetime and I think that we won't see a serious drop of ingots that quickly...
Quote:I think it would be a good idea to boost player activity would be to implement craftable items that required rare items to craft.
We already have that actually.

To make certain custom weapons such as the Hall's Halberd, Black Widow etc. you have to go through tough dungeons to get a recipe and after that you have to collect the rare ingredients to craft the weapon.

In fact, the weapons seem too rare so I have been thinking about at least making some of them easier to craft.
Taran Wrote:We already have that actually.

To make certain custom weapons such as the Hall's Halberd, Black Widow etc. you have to go through tough dungeons to get a recipe and after that you have to collect the rare ingredients to craft the weapon.

In fact, the weapons seem too rare so I have been thinking about at least making some of them easier to craft.

Don't make them any easier, Taran. The reason there aren't that many out there isn't because there aren't the resources available, it's because there's no current demand. I could make probably 20 BWs, 50 HHs, tons of Dks and CKNs if there was a demand for them. I'm positive enough people can/have the resources to make them and will once population picks up.

Then again making them easier means I can make more, so either way it has it's benefits.
Rabbi Samild Wrote:And you, Mr Professional Forum Troll, get in game and commit some time to this place or you can stfu.

I LOLED in my pants. mr. 55 mill is upset, what? you going to buy big bad pvpers to come kill me :'(. im so sad.

and every salesmen is indeed a liar, so dont try to sell me with you're queer pitch "i made 10mill it got dropped to 2mill" LIIIIAAARRRR RABBI UZ A LIARR!

dont lie to yourself, and infact I DONT EVEN CARE. YOU CAN HAVE 100 MILL BUDDY. but money doesnt buy skill unfortunately( i know i know its sad you cannot buy it, tough it out big boy) so that means youll always be a [SIZE="4"]LOSERRR.[/SIZE] a what? A LAAAA HOUUUUuuuu.... ZAAAA HERRRRrrrr !! k tks. gg glhf kk?

Here's another quote by Rabbidick that made me lol in my pants.

"I'm hardcore to the max and you're not."

RABBIZ THA HARDCOREST PPERSON ALIVEEEE, HES HARD-TO-THA-CORE, HE WILL SPEND HOURS BEHIND A PC WITH 4 PEOPLE ON. UZZ A HARD CORE FELLAAA.

this is just to much enjoyment for me really... I cant wait to rez kill you, oh my godd how much fun that will be. Im saying it in advance gm... I will wall the pits run so hard he will b stuck in occlo for DAYS. LOL. Ill have spirit speak so I can hear him cry and get a laugh outta it too... that's if you ever walk into occlo and arent too busy planting flowers LOL. HARDCORE!

what a flamer please...

now.. back to the topic Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8