Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: Player Attraction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I have a really important suggestion that may have come up often but there needs to be an agreeement come upon in oder to satisfy this shard. Lets say that INX has a steady playerbase of.. 30ish, theres 22 people online half the day all AFK and 40-50 when everyones online together. Now.. a playerbase of 30 people.. no development will make the situation any better because all were doing is mking dungeons.. adding rides.. new loggs.. new grass.. everything that has to do with the exploring part of this world. Good initiative in my opinion.. but somethings still missing and ill be completely honest about it.
I want more players here as most of you do... I personally want more PKs so that I can enjoy INX as much as others do.. I have a very big sugguestion that may help solve this problem..

-Ever since INX came up.. skill gain has been a dispute almost once every week and im not going to lie, skill gain is VERY hard.. I understand we wont change it because its unfair to those who spent hours GMing their skills but i have an intersecting point to this... a sort of equilibrium if you must. My suggestion is simply attracting more PVPers. If you look at the online status.. Im looking at it right now... 22 online.. me and Tech are the only 2 pvpers... i havent even ever seen any of the other 20 in a supplied tourny.. that shows you something and if you dont believe me... check it yourself staff. Go online and count the ratio between PKs and Hunters. That doesnt show lack of commitment to the shard by Xuoers or PKers... it shows lack of attention by the staff to the PKs and I dont mean that in any disrespect because you guys work for free on a game that we can enjoy for free and I do appreciate that BUT, the fact still remains that after all this time, everyone still seems to ignore my points...
I have been play Ultima for a long ass time and i understand this game more than almost anyone... in EVERY aspect.. whether it be PVP or PVM.. I really dont care.. and I see the contraversies between both the PVP and PVMs .. now.. Heres the Suggestion...

-I say we become more leniant...

How so?!
*By adding a little something to ATTRACT the oldschool players. I recently created a new character by the name of Deadpool who i wanted to make just so i could add some spice to the PVP but I quickly stopped. I realized that making a new character would take a countless amount of days and that is not because I have limited ressources.. it is actually because IT takes so LONG! ITs not normal the skillgain here.... the PVP skillgain is RIDICULOUS!
Now.. ince we already have the stone in pits.. thats an AWSOME idea.. whoever thought of that... Kudos to you its great BUT the fact still remains that there are SO many skills and they all take a lifetime to GM. Im not looking for an easier way becuse trust me... i have all the skills i need and more on my main character and other characters. But the players that are looking to come back just to duel and kill and have some FUN... they cant! The fact is that people have lives now... all of the old PKers and Killers on Uo all grew up.. Uo has been out for a while and this fact needs to be acknowledged.. think about this...
At the very low of XUO2 we had 50 PVPERS online at the weekly tourny... RR weapon tourny was OFTEN but.. here... you cant even get 50 people online because we only have things to offer the PVMers.. new dungeons, new items, decos, rides but what about attracting the duelers... I want to see more action..
I simply say that every character should start off with the required skills to PVP OR those skills should be VASTLY changed to VERY EASILY INCREASED! What is the point of leaving your computer on for 5 days healing yourself next to a lake... or night sighting yourself while your outside playing golf IRL. There is not point and people dont want to wait THAT long to GM their PVP skills. I know of at least 10 players that have told me "Skill gain is stupid, Im not playing there" and i finally realized how true that is... the skillgain is actually idiotic.. it makes no sense for a PVPer who has NO intereast in skill gain or kiling monsters has to wait 5 weeks before he can start sparring.
Take this into consideration... honestly.. the stone helps but.. you still have those other 4-5 skills for PVP that take forever to GM... IT helps for crafting but what about the PVPers... theres much more to UO than making it harder for the players... try and accomidate BOTH worlds... not just the world you come from.

I hope you can read this and understand it from MY point of view and Im sure people like Gangbang, Technique, Menace, Luda, Shifty, even Madman.. will probably all agree with me.. I know for a fact that if this change gets implemented and PROMOTED correctly, it will most likely double your playerbase... I want to see this happen.. I want this shard to grow... Please take this into consideration.. think about it.. put yourself in our shoes...

Regards,

Scarecrow [Prototype].
i agree 100%
Nekkid women work.Wink

IN-x bikini car wash? Big Grin
Meh it takes like 10 days to get a fully functional pvp character. Skill gain was already made easier at least 2 times now and there is no need for it to be handed out even more.

Those players that you know who can't macro for a little over a week aren't really going to add much to the shard anyway. I mean if they can't even afk here what makes you think they will actually do something in game.

Anyways this argument is just like me saying I know of at least 25 people who won't play here because the pvp isn't to their liking. If we changed it they would come and guess what, there would be pvp. So what difference is there between these two suggestions really? Why would we make skill gain easier yet again when it seems pretty clear that this pvp targets a selective group? Meanwhile shards with equal skillgain and a different pvp have way more players then us. As a matter of fact there is a shard up right now that I used to staff on that has many times our playerbase and the skill gain there is quite comparable to here.

Seriously though, it merely takes a week to make a pvp character and if players aren't willing to spend a week to make one I just don't see how players like that would benefit the shard all that much. Especially when we could change something else and have players join/come back as well and those ones are fine with the skill gain.

That's how I see it at least.
Shade: Anyways this argument is just like me saying I know of at least 25 people who won't play here because the pvp isn't to their liking.

** You have no idea wha your talking about. It isnt anything like that. Im not trying to change your shard... Im not trying to "Change your PVM" Think about this situation... your always open to ideas but the second I spill something Im automatically giving a bad idea. Lets hear what the players say Shade. I honestly think that if you make PVP skills ONLY... JUST THE PVP SKILLS granted when you start playing... it wont defeat any of your skill gain purpose and your playerbase will grow drastically. It will because most pvpers DONT want to macro and thats something you guys dont understand because staff is all IN players and Under-experienced Xuo players (Exception to Hate because hes the man and Muto who is inactive studying) Think about this for a second... ofc you dont want to make anything easier for the PVPers because then the PVMers will cry that theyre "dying" too much. Thats my opinion, i seem to think that people are too ***** to see what happens when PVP actually starts on an XUO style shard. Im so glad were adding loggs and castles and cellular telephones with different services on it but that will not encourage the other half of players to come... it will encourage those who like to collect items and trade and talk and have tea at a nice table together but for those players that logg on just to blood spill real quick... who wants to macro a whole week to do that? Im saying that ONLY THE REQUIRED PVP SKILLS should be granted at the starting of the shard because that will help. Your Saterday tours will grow... meaning your playerbase will grow and people will see how high the playerbase is and it will encourage more players. You guys think we always complain and talk shit but its not that at all... you ignore us... you actually ignore us... instead of thinking about what we say and look at your options... you go... NO SCARE SAID IT... HE ONLY WANTS PVP. Like seriously... your comment was weak Shade "Anyways this argument is just like me saying I know of at least 25 people who won't play here because the pvp isn't to their liking." I know your a little PVM whore but you need to broaden your horizens brother because this shard is 65456 years old and were still in a Beta with 22 players and no action. Take chances.. how much worse do you think it can get?!
Just think about it... Take the time to talk to Taran... maybe you two can have lunch... discuss it a little bit.. pretend im Rabbi Samild or Hiroshima... someone from IN, discuss it abit and give me an actual response.. acknowledge what YOUR players are saying.. remember that your a staff member and if the PLAYERS on the shard are unhappy then YOUR shard does not evolve.. every players request should be taken into consideration... take some time, lets see what people think.. You dont become successful without risk...

Regards,

Scarecrow [Prototype].
Actually Scare the staff is not made of all IN players and as you say "under-experienced xuo player". Its actually a balance of both shards, this comment makes you look ignorant and like your downing some of the staff.

As for your suggestion I do agree in the fact that anything to make the shard grow im all for it. However it wouldnt be fair to a crafter to make pvp skills easy and not tweak the crafting skills also. Plus I feel if we did thsi it would bring some more people cause some people dont play uo for just pvp they play it to be a crafter or a PVMer.
Jackal Wrote:Actually Scare the staff is not made of all IN players and as you say "under-experienced xuo player". Its actually a balance of both shards, this comment makes you look ignorant and like your downing some of the staff.

As for your suggestion I do agree in the fact that anything to make the shard grow im all for it. However it wouldnt be fair to a crafter to make pvp skills easy and not tweak the crafting skills also. Plus I feel if we did thsi it would bring some more people cause some people dont play uo for just pvp they play it to be a crafter or a PVMer.

I am ignorant. Thats what happens when people dont listen. Im just stating the obviouse.

It doesnt make it unfair to the PVMers because skill gain is a part of the PVM proccess.. its to create a Monopoly for those who gain certain skills faster.. your not going to Monopoly PVP.. its so that you can defend yourself while doing ANYTHING else on this shard. Why play a shard that you cant fend for yourself in?..
So. what you do.. to keep it LEVELED...
Players start off with:
99.9 Magery
99.9 Resist Spells
80 Tactics
75 Swords
99.9 Evaluating Intelligence
99.9 Anatomy
99.9 Healing

Now... you remove the PVP skills from the stone.. you keep skill gain the same level of gain it is at... where is this unfair at all? EVERYONE can fend for themselves... everyone starts off equal... Those kids that only PVM can smile because theyre status page skill level increases so they think theyre more popular, RP players can pretend their real pirates because they can now use a scroll and deal more than 3 damage and PVPers can start off regularly. THey can embrace PVP since that is the part of the shard that is LACKING! If theres a problem, there is a solution and no matter how much you guys hate to hear it... this is one of the solutions and anyone will tell you that. Thank god i got my skill transfer because i honestly would not gave made a character.. the skill gain just to duel is RIDICULOUS! It really is... and its not fun.. it makes the shard feel boring and dead.. with everyone having those pvp skills even those kids that dont like fighting can defend themselves or res eachother if they have Healing... like theres so many positive aspects and the only complaint is that it is unfair... Well how unfair is it that there is an WORLD update every single day and no pvp update.. no new pvp prize.. no new pvp event.. this shard is becoming what i knew it would from the start... after Maka left it slowly started shifting and everyone will see it soon.. This will become INR and from what ive heard fromn the players... it looks more and more like that after every update. Im just trying to give ideas, it just frustrates me that so far.. Staff have rejected my request... WITHOUT the PLAYERS opinions... there was 1 player that agreed with me.. and it wasnt TECHNIQUE or GANG... in fact... i dont even think Bart pvps... so, take the time to listen.. stop judging shit you know nothing about.. yes.. thats what i said.. i dontt care if your all Staff and know how to add/remove objects and can jail me.. I still know a lot more than you think I do.. and thats the problem.. Maybe you guys should listen...
ScareCrow Wrote:I am ignorant. Thats what happens when people dont listen. Im just stating the obviouse.

It doesnt make it unfair to the PVMers because skill gain is a part of the PVM proccess.. its to create a Monopoly for those who gain certain skills faster.. your not going to Monopoly PVP.. its so that you can defend yourself while doing ANYTHING else on this shard. Why play a shard that you cant fend for yourself in?..
So. what you do.. to keep it LEVELED...
Players start off with:
99.9 Magery
99.9 Resist Spells
80 Tactics
75 Swords
99.9 Evaluating Intelligence
99.9 Anatomy
99.9 Healing

Now... you remove the PVP skills from the stone..

It and decrease the amount of skill to chose from 3 to 2, and nerf some skill from stone like mining 90 to 70/80!

And Im Agree.
Scare I never disagreed with you I agree with you something needs to be done. However i dont think you should start with 99.9 magery I believe 90 would just be fine, and if you want to get the colored spellbook then you would have to macro for that 10%. Dont say we shoot down all your guys ideas, you guys dont realize is we discuss all your ideas in a different forum some make it some dont.

And this aint becoming INR this is INX. Nothing has changed with the merge as far as the pvp from xuo and the world from INR, that was what the merge was and it has not changed.

Dont listen to other players saying this and this and that when it not true. Just cause we add logs or new mobs doesnt mean were making this a INR replica, were adding mroe stuff to do in the world. We just have never knew what to do for you PvPers without effecting your pvp.

Your opinion is heard and we are discussing it atm in the staff forums. Instead of keep posting yourself on it let others post on how they feel so we can here from all that would like to contribute to the discussion.
Jackal Wrote:I dont think you should start with 99.9 magery I believe 90 would just be fine, and if you want to get the colored spellbook then you would have to macro for that 10%. Dont say we shoot down all your guys ideas, you guys dont realize is we discuss all your ideas in a different forum some make it some dont.

Yea I agree with that, I was going to put it in my post but I just leave it...add it to my post and Im fine.
Jackal Wrote:Scare I never disagreed with you I agree with you something needs to be done. However i dont think you should start with 99.9 magery I believe 90 would just be fine, and if you want to get the colored spellbook then you would have to macro for that 10%. Dont say we shoot down all your guys ideas, you guys dont realize is we discuss all your ideas in a different forum some make it some dont.

And this aint becoming INR this is INX. Nothing has changed with the merge as far as the pvp from xuo and the world from INR, that was what the merge was and it has not changed.

Dont listen to other players saying this and this and that when it not true. Just cause we add logs or new mobs doesnt mean were making this a INR replica, were adding mroe stuff to do in the world. We just have never knew what to do for you PvPers without effecting your pvp.

Your opinion is heard and we are discussing it atm in the staff forums. Instead of keep posting yourself on it let others post on how they feel so we can here from all that would like to contribute to the discussion.

I appreciate it. Thank you for acknowledging it.

Everyone GIVE YOUR OPINIONS. WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK ABOUT THIS!??
I didn't want to reply to this thread Scare. But I will because the tone of the thread needs a shift.

If you wish to facilitate discussion you need to be more mature about it. I understand you've been playing UO for a long time and you know a lot about the game. But you act as if nobody else around here does. Just saying that you know how much work the staff does is worthless when you have a complete lack of disrespect for it in the way you speak. No I did not play on XUO, yes I have a good idea of what it was about. No some of the XUO staff may not have staffed on XUO, but they still played there and know very well what it was about.

I don't intend to give my opinion on the matter here. I'm sure you'll guess at it anyway though. You've started the discussion and players can give their thoughts. The staff will discuss it in the staff forum as we do with all suggestions like this.

You complain that your suggestions are thrown aside but every time you make one we have to spend a great deal of time reading through players posts and giving our opinions in the staff forum and discussing it. It's really insulting to suggest Shade go to lunch with Taran and such things. If you feel your opinions are taken with a grain of salt it is simply because of the way in which you give them. Either way we still have discussion that you do not see so stop acting like a staff post here is the only result of your threads.

Lastly you make a point that a great deal of improvements are being made to the world that have no effect on PvP. Honestly I'd say a majority of the work you're referring to has been done by Shade. He does it because he enjoys it and wants to see more things for the players to do.

I agree with you that not a lot has been done to improve PvP in the world. (Well besides the region broadcasts that Taran added..) But partly it wasn't clear how PvP could be improved. Additions like a battle filter and such that maka made are wonderful. Maka was a huge asset to XUO and I agree it isn't or won't be the same without him. That said I'm sure we would be glad to do things like he did if you gave those type of suggestions. All you ask for is more players and lowered skill gain. As shade has said skill gain has been lowered multiple times. We will not just hand out all the necessary starting skills. Please think of other things you'd like to see besides the same things you've suggested in the past.

ScareCrow Wrote:I appreciate it. Thank you for acknowledging it.

Everyone GIVE YOUR OPINIONS. WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK ABOUT THIS!??

Aye, thanks for that Jackal Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4