Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: Player Attraction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
R/R Spellbook is not necessary. Actually I seriously doubt that any PvPer would care of r/r item which was earned by repeating same spell ten thousand times.
But full newbied spellbook(regular one) would be good tho:/ Plus I don't think PvPers need GM magery... Since all the PvP spells which requires magery are first-fifth circle. Rest spells being casted from scrolls anyway, so... 90magery is enougth to pvp...
This is what I think, instead of choosing individual skills we should put packages.
For example, you can choose between PvPer, crafter, or PvMer.

PvP gives 99.9 magery and 2 other 90 combats that you can choose, swords or archery, fencing.

Crafter gives magery 99.9 and 2 65-70 crafting

PvM gives 99.9 magery and maybe provocation 90 or archery.
This is a huge draft, i will develop this later, im just lazy atm.

PS: The skills choosen were quick examples, if you can think in improving this, please post.
wut scare said 100% correct

smoke

Jackal Wrote:Scare I never disagreed with you I agree with you something needs to be done. However i dont think you should start with 99.9 magery I believe 90 would just be fine, and if you want to get the colored spellbook then you would have to macro for that 10%. Dont say we shoot down all your guys ideas, you guys dont realize is we discuss all your ideas in a different forum some make it some dont.

And this aint becoming INR this is INX. Nothing has changed with the merge as far as the pvp from xuo and the world from INR, that was what the merge was and it has not changed.

Dont listen to other players saying this and this and that when it not true. Just cause we add logs or new mobs doesnt mean were making this a INR replica, were adding mroe stuff to do in the world. We just have never knew what to do for you PvPers without effecting your pvp.

Your opinion is heard and we are discussing it atm in the staff forums. Instead of keep posting yourself on it let others post on how they feel so we can here from all that would like to contribute to the discussion.

actually the pvp was altered our spams have been changed with the spam limit because people want to talk in the tourney area? many people had quit because of that add in i remember delfos was one of them =/
Vulcan Wrote:I didn't want to reply to this thread Scare. But I will because the tone of the thread needs a shift.

If you wish to facilitate discussion you need to be more mature about it. I understand you've been playing UO for a long time and you know a lot about the game. But you act as if nobody else around here does. Just saying that you know how much work the staff does is worthless when you have a complete lack of disrespect for it in the way you speak. No I did not play on XUO, yes I have a good idea of what it was about. No some of the XUO staff may not have staffed on XUO, but they still played there and know very well what it was about.

I don't intend to give my opinion on the matter here. I'm sure you'll guess at it anyway though. You've started the discussion and players can give their thoughts. The staff will discuss it in the staff forum as we do with all suggestions like this.

You complain that your suggestions are thrown aside but every time you make one we have to spend a great deal of time reading through players posts and giving our opinions in the staff forum and discussing it. It's really insulting to suggest Shade go to lunch with Taran and such things. If you feel your opinions are taken with a grain of salt it is simply because of the way in which you give them. Either way we still have discussion that you do not see so stop acting like a staff post here is the only result of your threads.

Lastly you make a point that a great deal of improvements are being made to the world that have no effect on PvP. Honestly I'd say a majority of the work you're referring to has been done by Shade. He does it because he enjoys it and wants to see more things for the players to do.

I agree with you that not a lot has been done to improve PvP in the world. (Well besides the region broadcasts that Taran added..) But partly it wasn't clear how PvP could be improved. Additions like a battle filter and such that maka made are wonderful. Maka was a huge asset to XUO and I agree it isn't or won't be the same without him. That said I'm sure we would be glad to do things like he did if you gave those type of suggestions. All you ask for is more players and lowered skill gain. As shade has said skill gain has been lowered multiple times. We will not just hand out all the necessary starting skills. Please think of other things you'd like to see besides the same things you've suggested in the past.

Aye, thanks for that Jackal Big Grin

I just wanna let you know that i appreciate everything and in no way am trying to bring down the staff team because i enjoy the traditional hunt every now and then too. I like the way things are turning out in the world. Great job everyone! i just want this to be heard, I want to see more faces, thats what frustrates me and ill be mature about it, I just wanna see the shard grow and it will grow! Im still here because I have faith and I always have, i played until the end of Makas shard even when there were 5 players... I was there.. I want to see this improve, Im glad your all taking it into consideration and I hope we get more opinions on the matter so we can make a very approprioate decision.
ScareCrow Wrote:I just wanna let you know that i appreciate everything and in no way am trying to bring down the staff team because i enjoy the traditional hunt every now and then too. I like the way things are turning out in the world. Great job everyone! i just want this to be heard, I want to see more faces, thats what frustrates me and ill be mature about it, I just wanna see the shard grow and it will grow! Im still here because I have faith and I always have, i played until the end of Makas shard even when there were 5 players... I was there.. I want to see this improve, Im glad your all taking it into consideration and I hope we get more opinions on the matter so we can make a very approprioate decision.

See now I feel all warm and fuzzy inside and wanna help. Thanks.

Eighty Swords

I kind of like Hiro's idea of offering a few different skills packages everyone can choose from.

The thing with attracting new players is they want to actually PLAY they don't want to sit there and macro for 9-10 days... I find it hard to believe some people are saying 'it only takes 9 days'. That's a long time to spend on a game that you don't play. Hell I bet new players don't even want to macro for 3 days. Imagine you buy Diablo 3 and you're told by the way, you can't leave the starting area for 9 days... That's basically what is happening here.

Think about it; you join a new shard and what do you do? You set up a freaking macro and walk away from the computer. Yea that's really fun :/...

I don't think the solution is to give all the pvp skills because all the pvp skills are also the basic hunting skills. Sure you don't have provo and such but you're on a good start.

Anyways, I hope this is seriously being considered because it's very attractive to a new player to see a small skill package. Right away they think 'hey cool I get a few skills when I start'. We have to remember that these people did spend time macroing on their shard, whether it was 10x easier or 10x harder they still macroed and don't want to go through it all again. Of course they can't expect to get all their skills back but a few is definitely an attraction!
i agree with scare.
Im a pvper and this shard for me is dead i dont have ways to have fun here except tours maybe if u give pvp skills when u start more players will come.

Its a shit to macro when u come from other server and in my opinion the pvp skillgain its too hard. Some of u think that giving those skills are bad but they wont affect pvm or rp and it will HELP PVPERS and PLAYERBASE.

This shard is very good no bugs, good pvp, good pvm the only thing you need is playerbase (i also think u should let ppl have one or two newbied runes and one or two res anks in doungeons)

And please MOVE dont be afk all day because when people enter in the shard and dont see action they quit. A server full with dummies its not fun.
Word.

As scare said earlier, no matter how you tweak the pvp skills, it has no effect with the PVM skills or PVE. Its not like if tactics raised faster than minning, it wouldnt be faire... mining you have a monopoly over people and you make cash off of it, pve/pvm skills arent even close to the same as pvp skills.

We need to 100% make pvp related skills easier to gain and allow people to get active asap. this game is OLDDDDD people, this isnt the same game as it was in 1996. Back then, ok you make shit harder cause there's tons of people playing the game, and the generation of players were younger and had more time to play. now it's not like that, everyones in the 20's or so and dont have the hours to put behind a game where pvp takes 10 days, why not join a different shard with less scripts but more action??

I'm not saying the scripts are bad, or that anything added wasnt done for a good cause... Treat pvp and pve/pvm as opposites, and you will have that balanced shard of pve/pvmers that run the world cause they have all items and shit, and the pvpers who just wanna cause shit, steal pve/pvmers shit, and just cause hell...

AND THIS TO THE STAFF..

Dont take this the wrong way but, you dont know how the shard your running really is untill your a full time player. YOU MIGHT think that what your doing will benefit and is right, but untill your a player like the rest of us, you cant understand the faults and error of the game the proper way, so take peoples advices before theres no one left to take advice from...

thanks
Silverwolf Wrote:AND THIS TO THE STAFF..

Dont take this the wrong way but, you dont know how the shard your running really is untill your a full time player. YOU MIGHT think that what your doing will benefit and is right, but untill your a player like the rest of us, you cant understand the faults and error of the game the proper way, so take peoples advices before theres no one left to take advice from...

thanks

With a few exceptions every staffmember also has a player. So they know whats going on Wink

Eighty Swords

Silverwolf Wrote:pve/pvm skills arent even close to the same as pvp skills.

I agree with the first bit of what you said like if tactics raised faster then mining that doesn't make it unfair, but I don't agree with the part I quoted... If you do a side by side comparison of pvp skills and pvm skills, they almost all match.

PVP Skills:
Healing
Magery
Meditation
Resisting Spells
Swordsmanship
Tactics
Anatomy
Evaluating Intelligence

Advanced/Not 100% Necessary PVP Skills:
Stealth
Detecting Hidden
Hiding

Basic PVM Skills:
Healing
Magery
Meditation
Resisting Spells
Swordsmanship
Archery
Tactics
Anatomy
Evaluating Intelligence

Advanced/Not 100% Necessary PVM Skills:
Musicianship
Veterinary (not even that commonly used)
Discordance
Hiding
Peacemaking
Provocation

You can't exactly say that PVP skills are in no way what-so-ever related to PVM skills. Sure it will be harder to PVM without what I called the advanced skills, but in no way is it impossible. Same applies for what I called the advanced pvp skills. You can still pvp without these, just that camping the occlo entrance or any other spot will be harder because people will see you right away.

Any hints we can get on how this discussion is going on the staff forums? Maybe if we get an idea of what you guys are thinking we will be able to add to it. 2 brains are better then 1... well in this case 20 brains are better then 6-12...
ScareCrow Wrote:I have a really important suggestion that may have come up often but there needs to be an agreeement come upon in oder to satisfy this shard. Lets say that INX has a steady playerbase of.. 30ish, theres 22 people online half the day all AFK and 40-50 when everyones online together. Now.. a playerbase of 30 people.. no development will make the situation any better because all were doing is mking dungeons.. adding rides.. new loggs.. new grass.. everything that has to do with the exploring part of this world. Good initiative in my opinion.. but somethings still missing and ill be completely honest about it.
I want more players here as most of you do... I personally want more PKs so that I can enjoy INX as much as others do.. I have a very big sugguestion that may help solve this problem..

-Ever since INX came up.. skill gain has been a dispute almost once every week and im not going to lie, skill gain is VERY hard.. I understand we wont change it because its unfair to those who spent hours GMing their skills but i have an intersecting point to this... a sort of equilibrium if you must. My suggestion is simply attracting more PVPers. If you look at the online status.. Im looking at it right now... 22 online.. me and Tech are the only 2 pvpers... i havent even ever seen any of the other 20 in a supplied tourny.. that shows you something and if you dont believe me... check it yourself staff. Go online and count the ratio between PKs and Hunters. That doesnt show lack of commitment to the shard by Xuoers or PKers... it shows lack of attention by the staff to the PKs and I dont mean that in any disrespect because you guys work for free on a game that we can enjoy for free and I do appreciate that BUT, the fact still remains that after all this time, everyone still seems to ignore my points...
I have been play Ultima for a long ass time and i understand this game more than almost anyone... in EVERY aspect.. whether it be PVP or PVM.. I really dont care.. and I see the contraversies between both the PVP and PVMs .. now.. Heres the Suggestion...

-I say we become more leniant...

How so?!
*By adding a little something to ATTRACT the oldschool players. I recently created a new character by the name of Deadpool who i wanted to make just so i could add some spice to the PVP but I quickly stopped. I realized that making a new character would take a countless amount of days and that is not because I have limited ressources.. it is actually because IT takes so LONG! ITs not normal the skillgain here.... the PVP skillgain is RIDICULOUS!
Now.. ince we already have the stone in pits.. thats an AWSOME idea.. whoever thought of that... Kudos to you its great BUT the fact still remains that there are SO many skills and they all take a lifetime to GM. Im not looking for an easier way becuse trust me... i have all the skills i need and more on my main character and other characters. But the players that are looking to come back just to duel and kill and have some FUN... they cant! The fact is that people have lives now... all of the old PKers and Killers on Uo all grew up.. Uo has been out for a while and this fact needs to be acknowledged.. think about this...
At the very low of XUO2 we had 50 PVPERS online at the weekly tourny... RR weapon tourny was OFTEN but.. here... you cant even get 50 people online because we only have things to offer the PVMers.. new dungeons, new items, decos, rides but what about attracting the duelers... I want to see more action..
I simply say that every character should start off with the required skills to PVP OR those skills should be VASTLY changed to VERY EASILY INCREASED! What is the point of leaving your computer on for 5 days healing yourself next to a lake... or night sighting yourself while your outside playing golf IRL. There is not point and people dont want to wait THAT long to GM their PVP skills. I know of at least 10 players that have told me "Skill gain is stupid, Im not playing there" and i finally realized how true that is... the skillgain is actually idiotic.. it makes no sense for a PVPer who has NO intereast in skill gain or kiling monsters has to wait 5 weeks before he can start sparring.
Take this into consideration... honestly.. the stone helps but.. you still have those other 4-5 skills for PVP that take forever to GM... IT helps for crafting but what about the PVPers... theres much more to UO than making it harder for the players... try and accomidate BOTH worlds... not just the world you come from.

I hope you can read this and understand it from MY point of view and Im sure people like Gangbang, Technique, Menace, Luda, Shifty, even Madman.. will probably all agree with me.. I know for a fact that if this change gets implemented and PROMOTED correctly, it will most likely double your playerbase... I want to see this happen.. I want this shard to grow... Please take this into consideration.. think about it.. put yourself in our shoes...

Regards,

Scarecrow [Prototype].

Damn first off I would die if I ever typed a post THAT long.. Literally.

And what do u mean EVEN madman.. Bastard... like im gonna disagree..

and to the staff about skillgain. theres this other shard im kinda playing on and off (mostly In-x).. Anyway it has 900 players active and skill gain is incredibly easy there compared to here. hmmm gee why is that Smile

also a pvp skill package wouldnt rlly be just a pvp package. it would help both groups pvp and pvm.

It takes a week to make a pvper? lol maybe a week with all the resources but if ur just starting you have NOTHING.. itl take u 3weeks.

Crap there was more i wanted to say but i forgot what.. goddamnit
Pages: 1 2 3 4