Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: Player Attraction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4

Eighty Swords

I'm exactly right and you know it. You called me a hypocrite for telling you to read posts and then yank says I didn't read it but I obviously did and didn't agree with it. Therefore I'm not a hypocrite and you're just trying to start shit... meaning your last post (and even that one) are useless and not contributing to the topic.

Glad you caught the sarcasm though Wink
First Off, Dont flame in this thread, Lets fix this problem because your all suffering in the same way... youll all continue to see the same 20 people everyday in the same places or hiding behing the same guards...

Anyways,

I totally just realized that Madman has a huge point and Yanko I understand what your saying but you have to understand that people are not going to be consistant with their macroing... as Silverwolf said... Ultima Online WAS a huge game back in the 1990s and everyone was playing... and the same players were all what... the majority under 18 years old. Now.. its nearly 2010.. people have jobs, kids, events.. things to do.. like madman said.. lets say an old "pro" came back.. starts from scratch.. has no runes to any hunting places.. no money... nothing.. trust me my friends... it will take A LOT longer than 10 days... it will take A LOT longer than a few weeks. Without hook-ups.. youll go nowhere in a few weeks. Thats what makes this such a problematic discussion. There are people who dont want more PVP, people that dont want free skills given out because its "unfair", people that have no idea what is going on half the time, inactive players that dont even check the forums... There is so much missing on this shard because without players... theres no shard... Players make a game.. mad credit to the staff for doing a great job but they will agree that the players are the ones that make the game.. and Yanko.. even if all the staff have characters.. you dont see a game the same when your staff.. trust me, i know what happens to players when they become staff, they change drastically... Its a mask to hide behind, makes everything in your favor so theres no point in argueing anymore, you want to please your own kind..
No offence, but.. not everyone does understand and look... its not even ONLY my friends agreeing with me.. its many active players.. the players that logg on everyday... the players that make INX...

On Another Note:
Like straight up, thank you for all of your opinions and I hope we can get this straightened out.. but If your gunna flame and complain, do it in another post because I dont want that shit in here, give your opinion or stfu.

Regards,
Scarecrow [Prototype].
Im gonna bring up another point. I may be wrong because I didn't play then but..

When shard first opened I heard you guys had 200+ players or so dunno if it was 300 or not but everyone already had there skills from the transfer am I right? so they just played regularly and the population was stable. But when it went down and idk why it did people told me that the shard went down so everyone left or something.. But now that theres 25 ppl avg the only few ppl that r playing r the ones who got the transfer.. maybe a few didnt Like myself because this is my fave pvp and i wanted to play it but still the majority got the transfers.. Especially when it was high playerbase.. the fact remains that when people had there skills they played, They quit and new players to join the shard realizes its a bich to train skills and even if they LOVED the place why would they spend their time that they probably dont have anymore to train skills for a 25 playerbase shard.
I'm going to show my face ingame some time soon. From what I'm reading the skillgain seems a bit too hard for a person with as little time as i do to be very commited to, and it seems that this is your issue. Everybody is much older than they were 5-6 years ago and young players have much more colourful and graphically better things to play nowadays. (WOW and the like). If you want a better playerbase and more faces you need to give them a nice juicy worm to tempt them, such as an easier skillgain. Now obviously, and it has been stated previously, the older players worked for these skills. However if we are improving a playerbase by doing this, I sincerely doubt it's going to upset them too much. Instead of boring days looking for something to do. There will actually be players to do things with.

Obviously this is the narrow minded view of a player who wants a headstart, but its the narrow minded view of a potential new regular.
AdamShadow Wrote:I'm going to show my face ingame some time soon. From what I'm reading the skillgain seems a bit too hard for a person with as little time as i do to be very commited to, and it seems that this is your issue. Everybody is much older than they were 5-6 years ago and young players have much more colourful and graphically better things to play nowadays. (WOW and the like). If you want a better playerbase and more faces you need to give them a nice juicy worm to tempt them, such as an easier skillgain. Now obviously, and it has been stated previously, the older players worked for these skills. However if we are improving a playerbase by doing this, I sincerely doubt it's going to upset them too much. Instead of boring days looking for something to do. There will actually be players to do things with.

Obviously this is the narrow minded view of a player who wants a headstart, but its the narrow minded view of a potential new regular.

Welcome back Adam. Thought I would just fill you in about the difficulty of skill they are complaining about... Skill gain here is about 65% easier then it was on IN1. I remember you being one of the few GM carps on there and here it only takes a couple days. Plus, as I have said before elsewhere, we already tried this tactic of making skills easier and it did nothing for the playerbase. In any case, try it out before you jump to conclusions because the players here are never satisfied unless everything is handed to them:p Actually they still complain even when that happens...
Thanks Shade, This being the case, I think you should all stop whining Tongue
AdamShadow Wrote:Thanks Shade, This being the case, I think you should all stop whining Tongue
You are still alive! :O
AdamShadow Wrote:I'm going to show my face ingame some time soon. From what I'm reading the skillgain seems a bit too hard for a person with as little time as i do to be very commited to, and it seems that this is your issue. Everybody is much older than they were 5-6 years ago and young players have much more colourful and graphically better things to play nowadays. (WOW and the like). If you want a better playerbase and more faces you need to give them a nice juicy worm to tempt them, such as an easier skillgain. Now obviously, and it has been stated previously, the older players worked for these skills. However if we are improving a playerbase by doing this, I sincerely doubt it's going to upset them too much. Instead of boring days looking for something to do. There will actually be players to do things with.

Welcome Adam. I thought I should fill you in the playerbase. 25 ppl avg online, youl only see a few active.
MadMan Wrote:Welcome Adam. I thought I should fill you in the playerbase. 25 ppl avg online, youl only see a few active.

Wouldn't he notice that himself ingame or after seeing the status page?
Quote:
Quote:Welcome Adam. I thought I should fill you in the playerbase. 25 ppl avg online, youl only see a few active.
Wouldn't he notice that himself ingame or after seeing the status page?

he might think that there's more ppl afk macroing
Yankovic Wrote:Wouldn't he notice that himself ingame or after seeing the status page?

Just giving him some info as shade did. Maybe he didnt install UO yet or got online you know.. Just a lil headsup
Shade Wrote:Skill gain here is about 65% easier then it was on IN1.

I just want to point out IN1 skill gain was much more difficult then vanilla UO. If a player who wasn't familiar with this and came off OSI or some other shard, they would see skill gain as still being super slow here and leave. Old players also don't really want to spend time grinding, I know I don't.

Looking at other popular shards might hint at why this place hasn't picked up yet.

As my experience few months back I noticed it there was lots of lag with no one around.
Pages: 1 2 3 4