Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Changelog

Sadly, this list does not reflect the work that has gone into this updated. A LOT of files has been changed, a lot of big systems have been added/completed and a lot of new content is in too.

EDIT: Files affected (modified/added/deleted) by this update = 270.

EDIT2: I have to warn about the stability of this release. Since we've been trying to push out content, we have not focused to much on testing. This means that the probability of crashes are slightly higher.

Reason to why we have not fully managed to balance loots is cause we had to write a new "loot give system", as the old system didn't give us enough control over magic drops. We were not aware of that we had to do that, until we got started, and most of the work/time has actually gone into completing that. Now its completed. Loot and skill balances will be in on next weeks reboot.
  • Enabled context menus and added code to show them on a per mobile/item basis. Will be used for quest NPCs/Items
  • Updated bag of Sending to only send gold
  • Fixed a bug with potion kegs, where they would consume more potions than they could hold.
  • Disabled creature gating, with the exception of pack horses and llamas.
  • Add New Quest: Quest of the mystical sextant
  • Deathmatch notoriety updates.
  • Added the death match event.
  • Updated the event supplier so that gear can stay on when the player is being resurrected.
  • updated loot
  • Collector Quest Fixed.
  • Ambitious Solen Queen Quest Fixed.
  • Naturalist Quest Fixed
  • Enable special abilities for monster when fighting players. If special abilities for players when fighting monsters will be enabled will be discussed. Abilities in PvP is disabled.
  • Added the new loot pack systems, will work with the old loot pack system. Only the weapon entries need to be changed.
  • Fixed an issue with the AntLion loot
  • Witch's Apprentice Quest Fixed
  • Fixed a bug with the supply system
  • Changed hit message code to improve performance
  • Added the base template for loot and kill tracking
  • Added new monsters
  • updated loot
  • Updated loots
  • Added batwings to Imps and Mongbats
  • Fixed a bug where the skill book could lower your skill val
  • Made some changes to hitting algo:
  • - Tactics matter more for for hitting chance then the skill you are using (twice as much)
  • - Skill you are using matter twice as much for damage value.
  • - Hitting profile has changed a bit (when you hit), percentages are about the same.
  • Nothing besides hitting profile has changed for people with all GMs

is it possible to make tamed mount gate-able...?

if we killed someone while riding a rare mount, we should be able to steal it Big Grin

Theo Wrote:is it possible to make tamed mount gate-able...?

if we killed someone while riding a rare mount, we should be able to steal it Big Grin
I think I agree on this, I'll check with shadeTongue

I agree with it too when ya put it like that. If its changed so mounts can go through, I will just change the controllers where they spawn so it can be abused.

Badass update, can i ask though what the reasons were for changing around the way hits/dam work? I'm just curious Big Grin
Also, is deathmatch ready to be tested then?

ta
j

Jiraiya Wrote:Badass update, can i ask though what the reasons were for changing around the way hits/dam work? I'm just curious Big Grin
Also, is deathmatch ready to be tested then?

ta
j
Deathmatch is ready to be tested, we just need to set an arena up and see what happensBig Grin It is hard to test that code on your own, so it will be a bit scaryBig Grin

Reason to why I change hitting profiles is cause I wanted less predictable hits. Before, you missed after the 3rd hit or so, now you have a very very small chance to hit #4 and #5. The average hitting chance is about the same, it just that the percentage to hit a lot of consecutive hits in a row is smaller. The other reason was also to allow both players to join the fight.

Damage has not changed per say. GM swords + GM Tactics gives just as much damage as before, and just like the hit chance, the profile was only changed. We figured that tactics is more of a "how often you hit skill", and swords being a "how hard you hit".

Won't be able to update today. I'm not home (spending Xmas with my family) and the is only a few people with access to the server.

If someone can ensure script validity, update the server and post change log then you'll get an updateTongue

• fixed a bug with the new hitting algo
  • Updated some "weaknesses" in the death match script.
  • Updated the event supplier code so that the event bags stay newbied.
  • Fixed a previous server crash in a better way
  • Added New Craftable Item: Piano
  • Updated Carpentry Menu
  • Added New Item: Book of Kills
  • Added Book of Kills to Inscription Crafting Menu
  • Added New Items to Tinkering Menu: Tall Candelabra & Small Candle
  • Updated LootPacks
  • Updated Mobiles in accordance to the new LootPack updates

Due to XMas and people going away, there is only a small, yet exciting, amount of updates. I prefer to save these for the next week so that we can bulk some stuff togetherTongue

Merry XMas to you all!

You guys should really post the stuff you do on the news of the main page. You've been getting a lot of stuff done but the main site just looks dismal Big Grin

I just got home from my trip today, and for what ever reason, I cannot seem to connect to the server:/

I'll have to wait for taran and he might be able to help me. I'm really really sorry guysSad

• You must now have higher privs than the target to use xmledit

• Made adjustments to loots

• Fixed a skill book shard crash

• Added script for Destard Guardian

• Added context menus to pickaxes - Enables mining for Stone/Granite

• Added repair to the bowcraft menu - bows are now repairable

• Added custom instruments

• Added new instruments to the carpentry menu

• Added new crafting system - Weaving

• Added carpets to the weaving menu

• Added fireplaces to the carpentry menu

• Added a new mob that uses crossbows instead of just standard bows