Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: n0x's Beginners PvP Guide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
There won't be invis pots on IN:X
Quote:Everybody heals different as Juggo stated. Best way however is to feel yourself how low you can go on HP, and still survive a dump. If you know you are low on mana, can't use a gheal scroll if needed, having used a potion recently, and believe the enemy is FSing hidden, then it's a BAD time to use bandages

dont get this, hope players cant FS hidden like on IN:R, wait hidden with fs outside bridge and when someone comes close he is dead.
hope thats not how it works here
Quote:Flame Strike Scroll: XUO
Mana Intake: 20 mana
HP intake: 24hp on d.click
Damage dealt: 46
Cast Delay: 2.1 seconds

This scroll will consume 24 of your health on dclick, so it is a risk however the low mana in take makes up for it greatly. However, it is possible to get away with its HP consumption by merely precasting. Cast a greater heal spell, and before it hits, double click the scroll. You can do the same with bandages.

i think i missunderstood something here, can you cast 2 spells at the same time? or bandage and spellcast at the same time?

we had this on IN:R where you could do this and it was an annoying bug there, hard to kill people who used it and if you used it you were hated by the whole shard hehe.

could someone explain this a little more?
Taran Wrote:There won't be invis pots on IN:X

omg... im never going to be able to kill anyone now Tongue
Magus Wrote:omg... im never going to be able to kill anyone now Tongue
No Magus, you'll never survive Wink You were famous for using those damn invis pots when someone wanted to land that last blow on you :p
DeNiro Wrote:i think i missunderstood something here, can you cast 2 spells at the same time? or bandage and spellcast at the same time?

we had this on IN:R where you could do this and it was an annoying bug there, hard to kill people who used it and if you used it you were hated by the whole shard hehe.

could someone explain this a little more?

Hehe im talking about a technique called 'precasting' and what that basically is, is getting the target up before actually casting the spell. So precasting an fs XUO scroll is pretty much just double clicking the scroll however that will coem at a risk since doing that will take off 24 of ur hit points. If you want to make it so that you still have the target up and "heal up" the 24hp lost, u can do that as I explained. So, cast a gh spell and while the gh is still on cast (before it actually heals u) just double click on ur XUO FS scroll and what happens there is on d.click ull lose the 24hp but when ur gh spell hits u, ull heal right up and the fs target is still up. Same thing goes with bandagesBig Grin or u can even use a gh potion, but that isnt recommendedBig Grin. Hope that clears up your question
DeNiro Wrote:dont get this, hope players cant FS hidden like on IN:R, wait hidden with fs outside bridge and when someone comes close he is dead.

No lol you can't fs hidden :p as soon as you hit your FS macro, you will be revealed. So if you have magic reflect on, and a hidden person tries to fs u just fs him back :>.

What Hate was trying to say is that you should consider all the possibilities of healing yourself in a duel so for example see how low you can go with your HP and still survive a dump oh, and the fact that its bad to use bandages when you have already used a gheal potion and have reasonably low mana all that will just add up to your 'feel' of the PvP by practice, dont worry you'll all get it ;]..
DeNiro Wrote:dont get this, hope players cant FS hidden like on IN:R, wait hidden with fs outside bridge and when someone comes close he is dead.

What I ment by "a hidden FS" is a "NOS FS" (the one that only takes mana) covered in spam. Spam is something almost everybody uses at XUO, to try and cover whatever spell you are about to cast.

The reason to why I said hidden FS is because there's two types of FS scrolls, XUO FS scrolls and NOS FS scrolls. As nOx explained above NOS scrolls works as "a hidden FS" since you can't hear a sound from them when they are being cast, that is what I ment. :]

I'll expalin what you didn't understand in better words:
If somebody is hiding a FS in a spam with a nos fs scroll (while you are a bit low on HP, for example at 65HP), and you are too low on mana to use a greater healing scroll, and can't drink a potion (the 17 sec timer is still ticking down), then it's a bad time to use a bandage since if it fails or heals a low amount of HP, then you will be at like 5 hp after the hidden FS hits, and you'll be in deep shit when the lightning scroll comes right after the NOS FS, and you still aren't able to drink the gheal potion or use the gheal scroll Wink I hope you understod this time :]

However about the part where people use invis spell to hide, and then gank you when you show up, that is/was a part of sphere/tus ganking, and there is ways to avoid this (use the skill detect hidden quite often while in placed you expect people to be hidden at for example). It was also shown in the "broadcast spot" if people were FSing while hidden, you could see the powerwords there. I dunno if Maka is going to keep this, but I liked it at sphere/tus and it is easy to avoid if you have detect hidden, or by using the reveal spell at GM Magery.

Anyways if there's any other questions about what I said, feel free to ask, I was a lil tired while writing that, so could've said things in a way that was hard to understand, sorry about that :]

Regards,
Hate
Something else I want to add is that when you start pvping, keep note of some tricks that you learn, or tactics if you may. Remember them and use them again and see if they work for you. They may work against some opponents but fail against others. Stock up on your tactics arsenal :>. Remember the fact that we use "spams" or fake power words to cover up our actions, so everything is unpredictable. Innovating possiblities are endless.

A good example would be how I explained the "silent FS" under the FS: NOS description. That "XUO Fake" can be used as a tactic. If you constantly XUO Fake your opponent he will not expect any other spell following that FS because you repeatedly use it. So, when your enemy is expecting a fake fs and nothing else from you he will be up for a surprise when you hit him with a following 'silent' NOS fs Big Grin.

Some other tactics may just be basic. You could fake the use of a bandage, wait a second and gheal spell ur way back up to full hp. While you fake ur enemy might want to FS you because of the fact that bandages are very unpredictable, and you could fail using one or heal up very low. So if he does fs you, and you heal with no problems, then his mana is just gone to waste :] giving you the sudden advantage.

The list of these goes on forever so just experiment and see how it all goes for you! Have fun ;]
n0x do you remember a girl char named Akira from XUO sphere..I think it was you..you had pink pig tails? If so you taught me how to pvp on XUO back then me and you ganked alot of ppl!
oh i got it now thank you for explaining
DeNiro Wrote:oh i got it now thank you for explaining

No problem :]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6