Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: E-mails which got Send by Taran!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hello.

I just want to make a note that ALOT of e-mails haven't been recieved by people who did play in the past. It could be that they recieved it in their "Junk-box", it happened to me.
But i know quite some ppl did not get the chance to read it.
I already did sent the mail through a couple of times to some old friends.
I didnt get the email and I played most of XUOs and INX since day 1
Check your junk mail guys... thats where mine was received.

Regards,

Scarecrow [Prototype].
Scarecrow that is easy to say on here, but the ppl here know about the shard and when it goes life!..

The rest of our fellowers just NEED to know!
Boromir Wrote:Scarecrow that is easy to say on here, but the ppl here know about the shard and when it goes life!..

The rest of our fellowers just NEED to know!

Thats true bro.

maka

that is a problem:/ when i did it with inx i was testing different email templates to see which ones got in the in-box and which ones got in the junk mail.

maybe thats something we can do here.

We could also try sending them from a more official server and the mail providers might have a higher tolerance level.
maka Wrote:that is a problem:/ when i did it with inx i was testing different email templates to see which ones got in the in-box and which ones got in the junk mail.

maybe thats something we can do here.

We could also try sending them from a more official server and the mail providers might have a higher tolerance level.

Yea man... To be completely honest... I really didn't even notice because I usually delete my junk Email but some of my friends messaged me and told me the shard was going live sio that's actually where I found out. If i received it in my Junk Email then there are surely many others.

Thats a great idea Maka, if theres a way of sending Emails from an "offical" server then we can forsurely get more people online.
I used a spam checker before sending it to check the mail and the template wasn't even close to be marked as spam.
Plus, I sent them through our domain's SMTP server.

Unfortunately the program I used to send the e-mails crashed 2 times while sending the e-mails so about 1000 out of 10000 e-mails never got sent. That's why I'm sending them again next week (without crashes this time).
I did never recieve an email either. Hope it works as planned next time, Taran!
Well if I use PHP to send e-mails I think I will only get more errors. The forums are sending e-mails through PHP and if that fails it sends them through SMTP instead, and it often fails to send them directly through PHP.
idk if u checked what phplist is...

Quote:A free mailing list program. Features posting to the list via a web page, user profiles, and multiple lists.

companies even use phplist to send out their emails, most errors are just email addresses that don't exist anymore which is also an error through the forums.

anyways just a suggestion on something i know that works.
Pages: 1 2 3 4