Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: E-mails which got Send by Taran!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Well yeah but I'm guessing it has to send the emails either through phpmail or through an SMTP server.

Unless it sends the emails in another way?
im not saying its using another way lol i shoulda clarified my point better.

using another method such as phplist who have their own SMTP server for the emails to go through would allow generic email accounts (such as hotmail, yahoo, gmail, etc) to not "filter" the emails as junk, since a lot of places/companies use phplist for subscribed mailing lists. You get what I'm saying? Doesn't hurt to try it.
Ok I see what you mean.

Hotmail is weird though, I tried sending the exact same e-mail to someone who received it as junk mail and this time he didn't receive it as junkmail.

Next time I'm probably going to send it directly from the xs4all server instead of going through an SMTP server. Hopefully that will help.

maka

Taran Wrote:Ok I see what you mean.

Hotmail is weird though, I tried sending the exact same e-mail to someone who received it as junk mail and this time he didn't receive it as junkmail.

Next time I'm probably going to send it directly from the xs4all server instead of going through an SMTP server. Hopefully that will help.

This will help, but ask them first:p Last time they got VERY mad at me cause I did that. They considered it to be spam and we were closed to being shut down:p
They don't care about any of the servers anymore. Let them shut it down if they want to, we're moving anyway! lol
Taran Wrote:They don't care about any of the servers anymore. Let them shut it down if they want to, we're moving anyway! lol

:happy: :icon_dance: :happy:
woah woah, a free server is always good to have.
Taran Wrote:They don't care about any of the servers anymore. Let them shut it down if they want to, we're moving anyway! lol

That they don't care about the servers doesn't mean that they don't care about the law.
It's not against the law to send e-mails to some forum users. Maybe it's against their policy, but not any law.
Taran Wrote:It's not against the law to send e-mails to some forum users. Maybe it's against their policy, but not any law.

You would have to know the dutch law in this case. And that law says that you are not allowed to send spam.

I checked if the mails you send would be spam or not. And I don't think they would be spam to this law. But you would be sending e-mails in the name of xs4all which has (unlike they don't care about the game servers) a very good name in the netherlands.

However, I don't think anyone would notice. But I guess maka has more experience with that Smile
Yankovic Wrote:a very good name in the netherlands.

Pft thats like being a popular hobo. Woo you got a good name but you still live in a landfill... In case you didn't get it: xs4all = hobo & netherlands = landfill
I hate the Netherlands. Well, maybe not the Netherlands, but xs4all for not letting us update our RAM. Bastards!!!!

No offense Dutch players Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4