Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: PvP matter!! (idea?)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Hello!

I´ve started to play UO again cause i tought it would be like the good old days, on IN.
But yesterday and the day before that i saw some pvp in the britain bridge...at 1st i was excited...but after a while i was a little dissapointed and why?

Because you dont have do disarm to do anything :confused::doubt::confused: not to use magic spell to heal, not to use bandages, not to do atack spells Sad
So thats not really PvP, its almost like weapons are shields plus the shield when you are doing a spell or healing Sad you dont have any disadvantage while "pvping"...

What say thee who knew the old pvp system on IN (Taran you know what im talking about) that was perfect Wink
[IronFist];32401 Wrote:But yesterday and the day before that i saw some pvp in the britain bridge...at 1st i was excited...but after a while i was a little dissapointed and why?

Just created an account and made newb char with 50 swords and tactics. Walked straight down to the brit bridge. Saw some people fighting - didn't like it. Didn't like it at all - it just wasn't my favorite pvp style.

p.s. Want a "disadvantage" during pvp - make a macro that drops your wep and shield on the ground and dismounts your ride before healing or casting a spell.
Quote:Because you dont have do disarm to do anything not to use magic spell to heal, not to use bandages, not to do atack spells

Thats the way the pvp will be, that was the agreement between IN and XUO so just try to play it, hard at the start nice at the end.

Also i think that u have to try the pvp before saying u dont like. Also THIS ISNT IN.

well regards
I actually prefer that kind of system where you dont get disarmed for everything, but then again , im more of a PvM guy than PvP so okay, whatever you guys think Rolleyes

But that thing of dismounting of your ride everytime you bandage or cast a spell is a little extreme no ? I surely dont want that to happen when im doing pvm :/
And we're at it again. This PvP system isn't -that- bad, actually a lot more simple than IN1, which is a plus to some and minus to some others. No disarm during casting/healing, yes that's different, but I say it's less of an annoyance this way. Oh and don't waste your breath, you'll just get flamed by 10 year-olds with bad grammar if you pick at the PvP too much.
But as I say there ain't no large problems with it, at least a lot cheaper to start, you don't have to spend gazillions of gold on a proper armor and a Heaven's Fury like back in the days. To actually win, now that's something different, for the beginning, see [Prototype], run Big Grin
I had this problem when I invited IN1 players over to shards I hosted or GM'd on. I want to let you know that the disarm / no disarm thing is exactly the same, at least on Sphere. The only difference is that you cannot be paralyzed with a weapon on, which is good, because you would never really fight, jsut get para spammed by 13 people.

It is EXACTLY the same as still arming. Let's say in IN1 you hit an aid button to heal. You then hit your rearm button, it takes like 250ms to rearm. And you cannot do anything while doing this. On XUO if you hit heal, you cannot hit people with your weapon while healing, you cannot cast etc....it is exactly the same thing.

And if it is about being able to wear a shield the whole time, this argument is wrong also, because in that 250ms theres low chances of being hit anyway.

That's my take on it.

Eighty Swords

another post trying to change the pvp? omfg... what is it with you people? are you really that dense?

ironfist, you're new here, so you should read up on what the basis of INX is. in simplest terms, INX = IN WORLD + XUO PVP. if you want to go a little more indepth to it, check out the merge discussions. actually even before those, in the merger talks before inx was made public to either playerbase, it was agreed INX would be 100% XUO pvp.

if you dont like it, too bad. theres shit here that pvpers dont like but they dont try and change it. they leave it alone. take a page outta their book.

hey, while you're at it, why dont you make it so you cant move when you cast a spell, just like osi...
I don't agree with the suggestion in this thread, but I also most definitely disagree with 80's previous post.

PvP is ok for the time being, but this shard caters to a select few of UO players who played on IN and XUO. PvP will change eventually or the shard will die off just like the rest of the sphere shards. I strongly disagree with the mentality of some members of this community of: "that's what was agreed on when we started, it's set in stone."

I hope nothing is set in stone and I hope the staff will make decisions based on the good of the shard and not the opinions of the stubborn few.
Oszkar Wrote:I don't agree with the suggestion in this thread, but I also most definitely disagree with 80's previous post.

PvP is ok for the time being, but this shard caters to a select few of UO players who played on IN and XUO. PvP will change eventually or the shard will die off just like the rest of the sphere shards. I strongly disagree with the mentality of some members of this community of: "that's what was agreed on when we started, it's set in stone."

I hope nothing is set in stone and I hope the staff will make decisions based on the good of the shard and not the opinions of the stubborn few.

Quoting you : "PvP will change eventually or the shard will die off just like the rest of the sphere shards"

Ummm.. So you DO agree with this thread. Now, Please don't post things like this if you plan on being part of this shard because i personally take that as disrespect, our PVP system is NOTHING like any other PVP and that is the reason we still have it existing. If you know nothing about the shard or nothing about the merge, don't give your 2 cents please. It has already been decided what PVP will be used and these posts a few people are making once in a while because they die too much is non-sense. If you do not like the PVP, go kill monsters and pretend your an elephant or something. You pretend your innocent and you disagree with everyone lol... You posted it in plain contradiction as you can see. Please research before you start typing things that mean nothing to our population.

Regards,

Scarecrow [Prototype].
Eighty Swords Wrote:another post trying to change the pvp? omfg... what is it with you people? are you really that dense?

ironfist, you're new here, so you should read up on what the basis of INX is. in simplest terms, INX = IN WORLD + XUO PVP. if you want to go a little more indepth to it, check out the merge discussions. actually even before those, in the merger talks before inx was made public to either playerbase, it was agreed INX would be 100% XUO pvp.

if you dont like it, too bad. theres shit here that pvpers dont like but they dont try and change it. they leave it alone. take a page outta their book.

hey, while you're at it, why dont you make it so you cant move when you cast a spell, just like osi...

Rolleyes
we got our IN world.....*laughs ass off* thats comical, and wrong ;[

Eighty Swords

slaquer dont even start with who did and didnt get what, cause i can easily prove you wrong and list many things not brought over from XUO, or things that were changed in order to accomodate others, and things brought over from IN.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8