Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: PvP matter!! (idea?)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Slaquer Wrote:Posted from one of my posts above:
------
I think people just get bored of the same old deal. I really think skill gain on combats needs lowered, loot needs to be upped a bit, craftable weapons need to be implemented, we need more staff, and most of all we all need to somehow stop dividing the community into groups and having people like smoke spout random 15 year old insults at anything he deems not fit to him. All of this will lead to eventually new players and old ones returning.
------
I think really people just need to get see things getting done to get their confidence rebuilt in supporting INX.

"I really think skill gain on combats needs lowered, loot needs to be upped a bit, craftable weapons need to be implemented, we need more staff"

I agree with you on every word of that. I think that diversity would be quite a good implement. So far, I've noticed that the combat skills have been fixed and are easier to UP and loots seem to be the same but, I've been in this dungeon during this past week, can't remember the name but, it's full of ancient wyrms and silver/gold wyrms. The loot is very nice when you finish the dungeon and it's an excellent way to make dough. You should check it out, I'm not 100% sure but i think it's Deceit.

Regards,

Scarecrow [Prototype].
The loots really needed to be upped, I think, and mostly for the newbie dungeon. Get some of the newer kids a chance to earn some buck to get a house at least. It should result in them making a character and then macroing at the bank for three months.
Not really referring to the gold you loot, but more drops on magic weapons and armor [force-vanq]. I really liked how on IN1 you always had at least a Force weapon, most everyone had power weapons, and a lot had Vanqs, but not all used in PVP. The staff thing is hard to fix because you can never find anyone to put your trust into. As for scripters, I do not think there are too many people who want to actively script, can be trusted to do so, and can produce quality scripts.
It took me about...20 dragons to get one force and it was a scimitar. I see what you mean. A larger drop in force, a decent weapon class for everyone to PvP in out in the open, or in ganks should be increased. It'll help everyone find some decent loot from kills and have a better chance of bigger hits.
Ye, sounds like a good idea but won't that flood the economy if everyone has nice weapons? Cuz i remember back on Xuo, weapons were fairly difficult to get and it made items very high in value, won't this system drastically drop barter?

Regards,

Scarecrow [Prototype].
Yes, it would make people feel a little better also about actually going out and trying PVP. IN had good balance with the Force/Power/Vanq and the craftable weaponry, and I am not really sure why this isn't here.

I also believe that when staff says things like:
"Please be patient we are working on problem X"
"We are currently discussing this in staff forums."
"Stick around, you will see in the future what we are doing"

etc etc etc

These statements are all really vague, and done so in a way so that they can retract it at any time. I think that there needs to be realistic times set for when the staff thinks they can get things done. If it says Craftables: 1 year, at least we know what the projected amount of time is until we have them. It is much better then "Stick around, you will see."
I don't know. I had a shit load of nice weapons on XUO, but I didn't have to hunt for days for just one. These dragons I hunted was over the span of two days, at least an hour each just provoking them. I mean, the average force I get was a scimitar. Honestly, to even gank I won't use that. I just try to sell it or trash it.

I don't think it'd hurt the economy, just make the good stuff more rare, make more swords or exe. axes available. They're decent weapons for the trouble.

Or make it by class: Dragons= force swords, maces. Wyrms, or harder dragons= force axes, like BAs, bards. But the can't be invincible god-like beings..they need to be relatively easy to defeat...but not too easy.
Slaquer Wrote:Yes, it would make people feel a little better also about actually going out and trying PVP. IN had good balance with the Force/Power/Vanq and the craftable weaponry, and I am not really sure why this isn't here.

I also believe that when staff says things like:
"Please be patient we are working on problem X"
"We are currently discussing this in staff forums."
"Stick around, you will see in the future what we are doing"

etc etc etc

These statements are all really vague, and done so in a way so that they can retract it at any time. I think that there needs to be realistic times set for when the staff thinks they can get things done. If it says Craftables: 1 year, at least we know what the projected amount of time is until we have them. It is much better then "Stick around, you will see."

Exactly. There's nothing definitive or really positive about that. It's like AOL phone support.

AOL: "Yes, we'll get on that. *Makes the jerk off sign as he talks*"
ScareCrow Wrote:Ye, sounds like a good idea but won't that flood the economy if everyone has nice weapons? Cuz i remember back on Xuo, weapons were fairly difficult to get and it made items very high in value, won't this system drastically drop barter?

Regards,

Scarecrow [Prototype].

Well the way it is right now it is very hard for a casual player to obtain good weapons for PVE or PVP. And Force and Power were never really good weapons on IN or XUO. IN had craftables [HH, SoV, HF] and XUO had the tactics and combat skill modifier placed on the good weapons. Right now as it is I can hunt for an hour and get a bunch of worthless Ruin weapons, and if I am lucky a Force weapon. Unless I goto the Guardian and farm it to get good weapons, I do not know of any other way to get them reliably. I am too tired and stoned to really make any good points at the moment so I am going to bed, goodnight you two.
werd.

Makes sense. Sounds like a solid idea. I'm down for it. [Monster Loot]

Umm.. As for the Staff Slaquer, i Very much agree with you. I am one of those people who are quite tired of vague messages saying "X will be done shortly" "we will fix X soon". I'd love to know the approximate time and order these things will be done in. Not an EXACT schedule but just some input that reassures us players that we have things to look forward too soon...

Smurtle, ye i know what you mean on the whole drops things, I rarey hunt as you know, usually get my weapons off kids who are scared of me so... I'm not 100% about monster loot. What i do know is, dragons drop BAD items other than the gold and gems, agreed on that and we need more spawns with nice loot to get people more active.. PVPers and PVMers. The PVM world combines all of the communities because everything revolves around currency. [money]

Regards,

Scarecrow [Prototype].
I think the focus of nice weapons should be on the craftables, the power and force should just be the weapons of choice to run around with..therefore, their attainability should increase.
ScareCrow Wrote:werd.

Makes sense. Sounds like a solid idea. I'm down for it. [Monster Loot]

Umm.. As for the Staff Slaquer, i Very much agree with you. I am one of those people who are quite tired of vague messages saying "X will be done shortly" "we will fix X soon". I'd love to know the approximate time and order these things will be done in. Not an EXACT schedule but just some input that reassures us players that we have things to look forward too soon...

Smurtle, ye i know what you mean on the whole drops things, I rarey hunt as you know, usually get my weapons off kids who are scared of me so... I'm not 100% about monster loot. What i do know is, dragons drop BAD items other than the gold and gems, agreed on that and we need more spawns with nice loot to get people more active.. PVPers and PVMers. The PVM world combines all of the communities because everything revolves around currency. [money]

Regards,

Scarecrow [Prototype].

A typical regular dragon drops about 600 gps. With the jewels and random weapon on it, selling it, it's about..1.2k? That's what I averaged. It's really not worth anything except the fame or karma.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8