Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

shard

I would just like to say that I am VERY excited about this shard.

I can't wait.

So some people are still very excited!

Information isn't that important. The shard will open. That is enough to keep me satisfied. I have seen so many old names on these forums. This sounds crazy, but I almost cried because it was so cool and strange to see all of these people again.

-Mina

Mina Wrote:I would just like to say that I am VERY excited about this shard.

I can't wait.

So some people are still very excited!

Information isn't that important. The shard will open. That is enough to keep me satisfied. I have seen so many old names on these forums. This sounds crazy, but I almost cried because it was so cool and strange to see all of these people again.

-Mina

Id say 90% of the people who were once excited arnt anymore.

i totally agree with duke.

If the scripting ect is going to take this long, at least the staff could keep us updated. The last thing i know of was that the shard was going up but never did for beta.

At least give us a date, and as Tabion said and others update the front page AT VERY LEAST weekly and tell the players whats going on. I guranatee alot of players have lost interest and gone somewhere else.

Just a thought.

Alright, I'll try to keep you updated more often. I added some news on the front page.

Ok Tabion what experiences do you have as a staff member in a game and in real life? Do you have personal issues that you need to take care of that would cause you not to play a game or not be able to get on the computer? scripting and coding is boring if you do it for a certain amount of time. People need to take breaks from things. Maybe you need to take a break from the forums. Give me your msn or whatever I will notify you there when the server goes live. When you are in a position of authority information doesnt always need to get passed down. People are going to come regardless due to the fact that a lot of the people who play Ultima Online don't do much with themselves but play Ultima Online. How long have you been playing UO, probably too long. Yes information is good to know. This is a free server and being given to you as a treat of the people who are scripting it and hosting it. You do not need to get an attitude with the staff members because they seem like they are not doing anything. Quite honestly they do not need to do anything if they don't know C# because there is nothing for them to do. At this point right now staff members are pointless unless they are scripting and core issues. The history of XUO and IN is a good idea to have on the website so people can see where each server came from and that will show players what to expect on the server. Being in a position of authority can be stressful, I don't think being in a position of authority on a web based game is really that stressful because it is a pointless commodity. You need to relax and realize that the server will come when it is completed.

Mina the post you left was so fucking stupid. Information is important but wanting to know what exactly people are doing is not important. I live my life I go out etc.

EVERYONE NEEDS TO GET OFF THE FUCKING COMPUTER AND GO OUT DO SOMETHING WITH YOUR DAYS AND NIGHTS

evenflow Wrote:Ok Tabion what experiences do you have as a staff member in a game and in real life? Do you have personal issues that you need to take care of that would cause you not to play a game or not be able to get on the computer? scripting and coding is boring if you do it for a certain amount of time. People need to take breaks from things. Maybe you need to take a break from the forums. Give me your msn or whatever I will notify you there when the server goes live. When you are in a position of authority information doesnt always need to get passed down. People are going to come regardless due to the fact that a lot of the people who play Ultima Online don't do much with themselves but play Ultima Online. How long have you been playing UO, probably too long. Yes information is good to know. This is a free server and being given to you as a treat of the people who are scripting it and hosting it. You do not need to get an attitude with the staff members because they seem like they are not doing anything. Quite honestly they do not need to do anything if they don't know C# because there is nothing for them to do. At this point right now staff members are pointless unless they are scripting and core issues. The history of XUO and IN is a good idea to have on the website so people can see where each server came from and that will show players what to expect on the server. Being in a position of authority can be stressful, I don't think being in a position of authority on a web based game is really that stressful because it is a pointless commodity. You need to relax and realize that the server will come when it is completed.

Mina the post you left was so fucking stupid. Information is important but wanting to know what exactly people are doing is not important. I live my life I go out etc.

EVERYONE NEEDS TO GET OFF THE FUCKING COMPUTER AND GO OUT DO SOMETHING WITH YOUR DAYS AND NIGHTS

I recommend everybody to read this again and abstract the idea. Well said evenflow

What if it's winter and you dont want to go outside.. :/

Learn to skate, and go play some ice-hockey!

Evenflow, you do not need to call my post stupid because you did not understand it. Mind you it isn't your fault you misunderstood it, I was running off to class and fired off a post in half as many words as were required to get a coherent thought out, for which I apologize.

I read your post and I agree with it. The information I was speaking about not being that important is information regarding the opening of the shard. People are always posting asking when the shard will open, my point was that the shard will open when it is done and they are able to. Posting information regarding the history of the shards or other such information, or even information regarding the progress of the shard is great - my point was I don't think it necessary because no one gets paid for this, and if no one feels like updating the main page then it wont get done (although Taran has updated it and just did update it)

-Mina

Magus Wrote:Why wouldnt you say stuff like that? I mean, It would be nice with some updates regarding the server aswell, I really dont see any harm in you guys giving us "some" little information on what is going on.

because its not worth mentioning "ok i fixed 1 script issue" i think if players saw that they would think "wow 1 issue was fixed..." <--- notice the sarcasm and disappointment?

tabion Wrote:It would be nice if the staff could make a topic for a small update once every two weeks at least

i agree with you, however many of us do not script so we aren't able to say what updates there are in regards of scripting. and what updates there are, are included in the news section of the main page or the news section on the forums.

tabion Wrote:You people have to start thinking strategically that people aren't going to stick around when you only keep select individuals up to date,

i don't like how you hint that us staffmembers have favourites or how you say YOU PEOPLE when you are refering to the staff team. i dont think you would appreciate if i called players "you people". i would appreciate if you don't hint that staffmembers have favorites. if you are that desperate to know what is going on most staffmembers have their ims posted on the website and there is nothing stopping you from adding them to ask whats going on. if they don't have their im posted, you can email them through the forums. i believe the email would be something like [email protected] .

tabion Wrote:I think the most aggrivating thing to me is that I see Maka this and Maka that... is he doing this by himself? What the hell do the other 10 (random guess) staff members do.

please point out the other scripters actually scripting. izanami is busy irl, as maka has been the past month, fallzone has his own projects and works for INX when he feels like it and has 0 obligation to even script 1 line. the other staff members have their specific roles, check the staff section on the main page.

for the lazy people...

Maka does everything but the website
coldrake GAME ADMIN
izanami scripter
taran rp co-ordinator, web admin
nox pvp co-ordinator
azrael quest director & developper

hate, tiesto, odium, viz, ginz, and me are the gms who will host your events, answer your pages, the pms you send us, and relay certain information to you.

tabion Wrote:but the rest of you... you just dick around all day? Mind if I ask what you actually do as staff and have accomplished? Oh and I know Azrael is hard at work too I am sure, giving brief info about the work he has done because his position only holds value once INX goes live...but seriously... I have yet to hear anything anyone else has done...

like i told magus, we arent going to tell you guys every tiny little thing we do.

how do you absolve azrael from your blame game by saying his position only holds value once INX goes live... ever think that other staff members have ingame responsibilities? what you want us to do when we dont know how to script?

what have we other staff members done in the meantime? find lots and lots of bugs so you have a nice shard to play on. i think that the staff have found more bugs then all the players combined.

i personally feel like i have done what maka hired me to do;

1. answer questions posted in the forums

2. host events - i didnt do that because it was the beta and i strongly felt it should be spent testing the game, not pvping all the time.

3. answer pages

4. test for bugs - i think ive reported between 50-100, maybe more

overall tabion, your post contributes nothing to helping to develop the shard... at the very least it annoys some staff members, i for one. if the shard were to go up tomorrow i wouldnt touch it because of this blame game you just played with us all. i especially love how you defend every staff member who came from inr and are so fast to accuse everyone from xuo except maka. furthermore, you want us to spend time defending what we do for the shard. don't you have faith in your admins decisions to hire us? and if you really must know what ive done for inx up to now, read my post again.

irl i am in school 8+ hours a day, sometimes more then 12 hours, and i have 3 hours travel time. that leaves 7-13 hours left in a day for my homework, eating, getting ready in the morning... and i wouldnt mind my sleep if thats ok with you.

tabion Wrote:what I was trying to get at is if there is nothing for a staff member to do physically to help the shard, maybe they could communicate with other staff and keep the players up to date

since when is answering everyone's questions not communicating?

this thought just came to my head; not all staff members are able to post news reports so please keep that in mind. and even then i would not make an announcement or news report until i spoke to maka about it.

lessons learned for staff:

1-post little changes so players feel there is progress being made no matter how small.

lessons learned for players:
1-be patient
2-you guys don't need to be told EVERYTHING the moment it happens.

evenflow is right, get the fuck outta your house/off the pc/study for school.

Thanks,
GM Pande
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dear Mr Pande,
Your post was a bit too long winded and whiny for me to read. I skimmed through random parts and just wasnted to show my love for you... I am terribly sorry I said "you people", and what I meant to say was 'you peoples' sorry for that typo. I dont come to this forum everyday, but today I noticed that Taran added a lil update to the INX homepage, which is great. It lets us know that things aren't moving as smooth as everyone would hope but the shard isn't a lost cause. I'm sure it didn't take him but 2 minutes to do that, and thats all some people were asking for. Some of us don't want to read through 800 posts of morons flaming each other, crying and talking about worthless shit, granted I may have contributed to that... barely, but thats all there is to do to keep this forum alive. To attract new players and to keep the old ones there needs to be a simplicity in updates and news, people don't want to dig when there are links in front of their faces that say NEWS and such. Anyway, I don't care if I annoy you... I am just speaking my mind, get over it. More then half of the people on this forum annoy me... have you seen me post a reply about me being pissed at them? I was merely stating that more can be done... but it is slowly coming to my attention that hardly anyone on this staff has time for this... I hope more people can be found with some spare time to devote. Okay well I don't give a shit anymore, go ahead and whine about my post, give me your address and I will even send you a box of tissues... all I was trying to do was point out that people like to know SOMETHING once in awhile... and if you stopped obsessing over my posts and read some others you would notice it, but thats okay, thats what I like about you... you are truly a great stalker.
Love always,
Tabion

Oh and to evenflow very cute how you asume I am a forum whore and and don't know about staffing while having rl problems... goodcall, lol... I just wanted to point out that you have double the posts I am, so may I suggest you possibly take your own advice? go outside... maybe take me to the movies some night? And just so we are on the same page, I don't care when the server comes up, I care about IN as a community, and hate to see it crumble apart when it could have been prevented... but I guess nobody gets that... you rather just pick little bits of posts and cry, to each his own. It makes no difference to me what you or anyone else thinks of me, I don't care if this shard comes up tomorrow or 7 months from now, all I wanted was to give some suggestions and such in my opinion. Though I guess opinions can be taken to heart too much these days, why back in my day... well nm thats a story for another time... Anyways have fun whining about this post too.
Take care,
Tabion *hugs and kisses*

I dont care what you people say, He has some very good points, wooho. erm.. right.. see ya!