Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

shard

Pande Wrote:well when there is news of the beta being opened, it will be made public, if there is no new news that means there has been nothing wothwhile to report guys. we arent going to say "this script has been added, have a good day"

Why wouldnt you say stuff like that? I mean, It would be nice with some updates regarding the server aswell, I really dont see any harm in you guys giving us "some" little information on what is going on.

Its takin alot longer than expected.. wuts with the delay??

ps: Kokaine is gay :eek:

Its not a big deal when shit takes longer then expected but damn I have to say that nobody posting on the news with some decent info is kind of pathetic. It would be nice if the staff could make a topic for a small update once every two weeks at least, something where only they could post so people don't have to go through 10 pages to find something out. Not everyone enjoys lurking in the forums trying to dig up an ounce of information. You people have to start thinking strategically that people aren't going to stick around when you only keep select individuals up to date, or buring news in the wrong areas. I think the most aggrivating thing to me is that I see Maka this and Maka that... is he doing this by himself? What the hell do the other 10 (random guess) staff members do. We already know CD is busy with rl, and Taran has done some work and he lets us know when he does something... but the rest of you... you just dick around all day? Mind if I ask what you actually do as staff and have accomplished? Oh and I know Azrael is hard at work too I am sure, giving brief info about the work he has done because his position only holds value once INX goes live... but seriously... I have yet to hear anything anyone else has done... kinda aggrivating and I wanna beat the rest of the staff in the face with... (*doesnt wanna get banned and changes his words*) a pillow...maybe one stuffed with bricks... err mashmellow bricks... yeah thats it... yummy...
Anyways getting a bit off topic... I see way too much staff and no updates, and if I see Maka give an update... well thats just going to make me wonder more why half of the staff is even here... Would it kill one of you to say in a thread, that would maybe be titled 'March 11th update' and it would say something like... Okay guys I havent been much in contact with Maka or other staff, but I know that some new scripts were tested and seem to be working great, just letting you know this project is still alive. Yeah that took me like 30 seconds to type... if that, why cant anyone do that? lazy bastards... *hands Maka a whip* get these slackers to contribute a lil, and if they do tell them to let us know... otherwise people will be leaving daily.

Tabion, what you're saying doesn't actually make that much sense. There's very little staff members can do during development stages if they aren't developers, so its no wonder you dont see much of them.

One's influence and helpfulness is limited to some minimal, simplified planning, which needs to be considered in terms of other aspects of the development and then approved by somebody higher up. Other than that, you can troll forums and occasionally find an opportunity to answer somebodys question, and you can give your oppinions in the staff forum.

I know for a fact that Maka really trusts his team, and that they'll be active when the shard is live. Until then though, its pretty much him and any other part-time scriptors he can find.

I hope that didn't sound like too much of a lecture, but you sounded pretty disappointed, and other people have been complaining a lot too.

Peace friend.

Ya cole is right. We usually have a "staff only beta" running where the staff can get on at anytime and fix in-world things, make the world look nicer, spawn, etc etc.

To answer your question "where the hell are all the other staff," we have done some "work" outside of game.. I have written y'all a PvP guide, Hate and I are working on our history, Other staff members from IN took their time to write up other guides, etc. PLenty of work has been accomplished but the size of the server is no joke man. Imagine ONE MAN scripting for a server the size of 2, by himself. The server will not open unless everything is perfect. Please understand that! We know its taking a while and we're sorry for that, but for some of ur, real life issues are a little more important than In-x at the moment. The server has not been neglected, we are still working on it. You'll get ur shard, don't worry.

n0x* Wrote:Ya cole is right. We usually have a "staff only beta" running where the staff can get on at anytime and fix in-world things, make the world look nicer, spawn, etc etc.

To answer your question "where the hell are all the other staff," we have done some "work" outside of game.. I have written y'all a PvP guide, Hate and I are working on our history, Other staff members from IN took their time to write up other guides, etc. PLenty of work has been accomplished but the size of the server is no joke man. Imagine ONE MAN scripting for a server the size of 2, by himself. The server will not open unless everything is perfect. Please understand that! We know its taking a while and we're sorry for that, but for some of ur, real life issues are a little more important than In-x at the moment. The server has not been neglected, we are still working on it. You'll get ur shard, don't worry.

Thats fair enough dude and i know where your coming from, as a player id like to see some more updates put up, and maybe update the main page a little more. Even if its Maka saying "Hey, i didnt do much this week due to personal reasons but i did this this and this" it just lets people know whats going on... Smile

Saintful Sinner, The Ministry

Unfortunately Tabion, staff can't help out much right now if they can't script. Tons of bugreports have already been made, and we need a scripter to fix them. Maka is currently the only one that can script, that's why he mas made a post here on the forums where he's looking for other scripter to help him out... he just doesn't have time to do it all by himself.

Much work is done behind the scenes, a lot more than you think. You said yourself that you haven't been much in contact with any of the staff members, which proves you don't know that much about what's going on.

I agree there hasn't been much progress report lately. There's a reason for that, a reason we can't tell you just yet. And I don't see any point in posting news if there aren't any...

Taran Wrote:I don't see any point in posting news if there aren't any...

This being the main problem and certainly the main reason for the lack of interest on the Forums and also on IN-X shard.

A community of this kind gets it's fuel from the game itself or constant updates of the game condition, if there is nothing to feed them, the community will start to decrease.

Been there ... Saw that ...

And as I said we know there hasn't been much progress report lately for a good reason. We will announce it soon though and things will hopefully pick up pace.

Okay I understand that some of the staff can be limited to what they are able to work on... but what I was trying to get at is if there is nothing for a staff member to do physically to help the shard, maybe they could communicate with other staff and keep the players up to date. I probably worded it all wrong, as I like to ramble on and get off topic, but if it isn't possible to help develop the shard then maybe try and develop the community. I don't know the current situation with any of the staff but if I were staff and couldn't help at the moment I would try to contact a fellow staff member to get some info and then simply ask, would it be okay for me to post some of this to let the community know? I would just like to see some action from anyone who isnt developing or testing...
All of everything I say is just my opinion, so no whining or anything, dont take it to heart... or do I dont care... but I just have a different viewpoint as staffing previously, I would try to help the shard in other ways if I could not help the actual development. Then again, thats me.... you people are all weird so do what you want.
Okay thats about it. Love you all, see you in my dreams:3some:
TaTa

Taran Wrote:And as I said we know there hasn't been much progress report lately for a good reason. We will announce it soon though and things will hopefully pick up pace.

See thats where your not hearing us... people arent going to care if for that week all you fixed was night sight... its the fact that they were told what was fixed... like rackull said our community feeds off the game and/or atleast updates of the game state.... and frankly your letting it starve... Sad

Saintful Sinner, The Ministry

Tabion Wrote:Okay I understand that some of the staff can be limited to what they are able to work on... but what I was trying to get at is if there is nothing for a staff member to do physically to help the shard, maybe they could communicate with other staff and keep the players up to date. I probably worded it all wrong, as I like to ramble on and get off topic, but if it isn't possible to help develop the shard then maybe try and develop the community. I don't know the current situation with any of the staff but if I were staff and couldn't help at the moment I would try to contact a fellow staff member to get some info and then simply ask, would it be okay for me to post some of this to let the community know? I would just like to see some action from anyone who isnt developing or testing...
All of everything I say is just my opinion, so no whining or anything, dont take it to heart... or do I dont care... but I just have a different viewpoint as staffing previously, I would try to help the shard in other ways if I could not help the actual development. Then again, thats me.... you people are all weird so do what you want.
Okay thats about it. Love you all, see you in my dreams:3some:
TaTa

i agree with this guy, and theres no excuse a staff can give us, because staff members thinks differently than players, players r the outside perspective n we r right when we say that there is lack of information, just look at how the forum is dead nowdays, its like no one is excited about the shard anymore, at the beggining i started to believe that there would be 150+ at all times now i doubt it a lil.. honestly im not as excited as i was b4 bout the shard going up