Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

This is for maka

remove the curse words thats all, and no need to be that hostile on the forums.

LiquiD Wrote:Yo maka,

listen man, i totally understand how you feel because ive personally run and GMed on shards where players seem to take for granted that the shard is individually built, and "FREE". the time taken to create the shard is out of the admins time, no one elses. The reason why Imagine Nation players are whining about it all is because:

1. They suck at the pvp. "Setep i cant pvp here, i suck, im gonna get owned"
2. They are little kids.
3. There all fuckin whining little bitches.

The thing with IN players is, And i know because i played on IN, is that they seem to cry if they arent good at something. I mean look, im a pvp orientated player, when i first started playing XUO, i got owned by everyone, i was asking myself wtf is going on. However, after 2 weeks, i started actually competing and killing several XUO players. It just takes time and practice AS DOES EVERYTHING.

And maka, There are people out there that respect you as an admin, and completely respect the work you have did.

Peace,

Setep aka LiquiD

Yea! Thats the reasons for sure! :doubt:
Omg..

Well first of all. I think EVERYONE, even the ones who's complaining, have respect of the work maka have done! Its just not you, and "some people out there"..

Read trough what you wrote, and think, in what way does this help maka, and whats the whole meaning to this thread? :confused:

If i (as an kinda dissatisfied ex IN:R player) would complain(havent done it before)

You all have to know that i lost my energy to read trough the "XUOpvp spam?" thread, so im sure alot of what im about to say have been discussed and so on, but anyway;

one thing would be the spam. And no its not cause I suck at it, its not cause i dont have motivation to learn it. Its cause people uses to HIDE their spells, not to fool their opponents. And i think that's just ridiculaus. Cause it would be easier if you wasnt availbe to see what your opponents casts.
Then its the thing with the spamfilter. I'm not sure if this is the right, but its 4words per 10sec? That's still spam!

It would be ok, if you just had one hotkey for Kal Vas Flam powerword, and pressed it a few times in each minutes, then its not spam, then its used to trick opponents.

An other thing is the duelpits. I dont think there's anything good with it. People gather, red and blues, vampires as normal people, get along, and so on. I hope you get my point.

One last thing im dissapointed with is alot of people from XUO is very immature. Im not talking what i've seen of the forums, im talking what i've seen ingame on XUO, and on the beta of IN:X. (that's something that would be very hard to "fix" but anyway)

That's some things I'd be whining about if i wanted to, and thats also some reason of what i've seen some other guys been dissapointed with. And I can't see how your reasons would fit with the dissapointings i wrote.

"There all fuckin whining little bitches." What?!
How come i almost NEVER saw any whine at all from the people who really stayed and played? Like the ones who have complained here on the IN:X forums, back on IN:R?

And why do you allways have to be so god damn immature? Is it really hard to leave that "fuckin" "bitchs" "suck" "owned" crap out of your threads?

How can you speak for all IN players as you do? I read in a previous thread, where you self said you were the hated guy?

I respect Maka's work. And ofcoarse, i will try the real shard out before i make any decissions about leaving the shard. I know that IN:R staff made an agreement that the XUO-pvp will remain, so i wont bother to try change it.

This thread was nothing but a bad idea imo. Why didnt you just say that you respect makas work and there's alot of people who do, instead of bringing a bad feeling to this thread with that totaly unnessesary cry-talking?

If you cant understand my points, or what I wrote at all, ask. Cause im tired, I dont even have the energy to read trough my post.

this thread is going out of hand and should be locked and or delited

Lederoil, is your point to get flamed again? And to let explode the hate on here?
What you say: "It would be easyer to pvp without spam".
Ofcourse it would be easy, WAY TO EASY! None of the Xuo players who have/had a decent pvp skill during the shards, which have been here for years. Won't die, till someone makes a mistake after an 45 mins. And this would mean if i will duel my brother in a 1vs1 tourney it would take like 1 hour and 30 mins, because if we play on a normal level against eachother (I mean without being aggresive as possible, which one of us mostly do if it's not for a real tourney) we know EXACTLY what the other one is doing. I have played since more then 5 years with my brother. And the training we had was like 80% because of eachother. I know him in and out, the same counts for him.

Odium, don't delete my post :lol:. I haven't said anything wrong, i think it's a good explanation about how pvp would end up.

Lederoil Wrote:Yea! Thats the reasons for sure! :doubt:
Omg..

Well first of all. I think EVERYONE, even the ones who's complaining, have respect of the work maka have done! Its not you, and "some people out there"..

Read trough what you wrote, and think, in what way does this help maka, and whats the whole meaning to this thread? :confused:

If i (as an kinda dissatisfied ex IN:R player) would complain(havent done it before)

You all have to know that i lost my energy to read trough the "XUOpvp spam?" thread, so im sure alot of what im about to say have been discussed and so on, but anyway;

one thing would be the spam. And no its not cause I suck at it, its not cause i dont have motivation to learn it. Its cause people uses to HIDE their spells, not to fool their opponents. And i think that's just ridiculaus. Cause it would be easier if you wasnt availbe to see what your opponents casts.
Then its the thing with the spamfilter. I'm not sure if this is the right, but its 4words per 10sec? That's still spam!

It would be ok, if you just had one hotkey for Kal Vas Flam powerword, and pressed it a few times in each minutes, then its not spam, then its used to trick opponents.

An other thing is the duelpits. I dont think there's anything good with it. People gather, red and blues, vampires as normal people, get along, and so on. I hope you get my point.

One last thing im dissapointed with is alot of people from XUO is very immature. Im not talking what i've seen of the forums, im talking what i've seen ingame on XUO, and on the beta of IN:X. (that's something that would be very hard to "fix" but anyway)

So your reasons is totally wrong.

"There all fuckin whining little bitches." What?!
How come i almost NEVER saw any whine at all from the people who really stayd and played? Like the ones who have complained here on the IN:X forums?

And why do you allways have to be so god damn immature? Is it really hard to leave that "fuckin" "bitchs" "suck" "owned" crap out of your threads?

And how can you speak for all IN:players as you do? Moron!

XUO was about two great things: pvp and duel pits. And you want both to be changed, when this is a merge of TWO shards, where actually at the point of merge xuo had more than twice your player base. Don't you see how immature it is to say that pvp and duel pits sucks when you have played one day at beta with this? Don't you think pvp and duel pits would be removed if it wasn't great, I mean it has been there for 5(?) years.

This isn't meant to flame you, so let me explain why we have this spam, and why duel pits is a big part of the XUO community.

Obviously, words of power is a big part of the old school feeling, that's the reason why we can't filter them. Now, at old times, people would make fake WOP macros with regular speech in different color. The problem with this is, that regular UO players couldn't see a difference between "fake" and "real" ones, while players with injection could.
Maka however, made a solution to this with [wop command, so inject users can't filter the "fake" WOP.

Let me ask you, how good are you at XUO pvp? If we would make a rule against "spamming" WOP, do you have any idea how long time a duel would take if two GOOD players were duelling each other? To be honest, I believe some of these duels would last HOURS, or until one of them got bored. XUO PVP IS ABOUT BEING UNPREDICTABLE, TO MAKE YOUR OPPONENT NOT KNOWING WHAT YOU ARE DOING!
WOP spam is ESSENTIAL because of this reason. Sure, we could make a rule against WOP spam, and have duels lasting forever, a 1vs1 could take 12 hours, is that what you want?
Or, we could keep your old pvp from IN:R, I heard it was really great :icon_twisted:

Regarding duel pits, it's loved by XUO players, since it's a place to hang out and meet new friends, get to know who the players are irl, have a nice chat and just chill. Since XUO always has been a pvp shard, we haven't made our friends "adventuring", we made most our friends by hanging out in duel pits. See it as a chat room if you like. It's also a place for players to organize ganking groups etc.
And guess what? Nobody will force you to go there, so instead of whining on the forums you could just stay in Britain or whatever place you like to hang around.

People need to realize that this is TWO shards merging, we need to keep the essence of both shards alive.

To be honest, I really HATE the decoration in dungeons. The reason for this is that it ruins the old school feeling for me. For me this game is nostalgic and I want places to look like they always have. BUT I don't post threads here about removing decorations. Hell, I don't even want them removed cause this isn't XUO's shard, it's both XUO and IN:R and I know decorations are a big part of IN, obviously I want you too to feel "home" at the new shards.

This post isn't meant to be offensive to anyone, this is just how ways are from my point of view.

i cant delete your post nor lock topics but if i could i would have locked this topic.

this is not helping in:x in anyway.

and in:x will have the xuo pvp style, end of discussion for now.

Blackfog Wrote:Lederoil, is your point to get flamed again? And to let explode the hate on here?
What you say: "It would be easyer to pvp without spam".
Ofcourse it would be easy, WAY TO EASY! None of the Xuo players who have/had a decent pvp skill during the shards, which have been here for years. Won't die, till someone makes a mistake after an 45 mins. And this would mean if i will duel my brother in a 1vs1 tourney it would take like 1 hour and 30 mins, because if we play on a normal level against eachother (I mean without being aggresive as possible, which one of us mostly do if it's not for a real tourney) we know EXACTLY what the other one is doing. I have played since more then 5 years with my brother. And the training we had was like 80% because of eachother. I know him in and out, the same counts for him.

1. Where did i say anything like the thing you supposed to quote? "It would be easyer to pvp without spam"?!

The thing im saying is that with _SPAM_, you HIDE your spells, you're not tricking your opponents! The powerwords should be ment to trick your opponents, but you dont trick with spam, you hide.

And my point of posting was mostly to get Liquid understand that his thread has no meaning at all, that he's just acting stupid in my opinion. Maybe i didnt get my point so good shown in the previously post, but that was my point.

All Tha Ladies If You Hear Me Grab Your Titties For B.i.g!!!!!!!!

[Image: dextermorgancq0.jpg]

juggobuggo Wrote:XUO was about two great things: pvp and duel pits. And you want both to be changed, when this is a merge of TWO shards, where actually at the point of merge xuo had more than twice your player base. Don't you see how immature it is to say that pvp and duel pits sucks when you have played one day at beta with this? Don't you think pvp and duel pits would be removed if it wasn't great, I mean it has been there for 5(?) years.

This isn't meant to flame you, so let me explain why we have this spam, and why duel pits is a big part of the XUO community.

Obviously, words of power is a big part of the old school feeling, that's the reason why we can't filter them. Now, at old times, people would make fake WOP macros with regular speech in different color. The problem with this is, that regular UO players couldn't see a difference between "fake" and "real" ones, while players with injection could.
Maka however, made a solution to this with [wop command, so inject users can't filter the "fake" WOP.

Let me ask you, how good are you at XUO pvp? If we would make a rule against "spamming" WOP, do you have any idea how long time a duel would take if two GOOD players were duelling each other? To be honest, I believe some of these duels would last HOURS, or until one of them got bored. XUO PVP IS ABOUT BEING UNPREDICTABLE, TO MAKE YOUR OPPONENT NOT KNOWING WHAT YOU ARE DOING!
WOP spam is ESSENTIAL because of this reason. Sure, we could make a rule against WOP spam, and have duels lasting forever, a 1vs1 could take 12 hours, is that what you want?
Or, we could keep your old pvp from IN:R, I heard it was really great :icon_twisted:

Regarding duel pits, it's loved by XUO players, since it's a place to hang out and meet new friends, get to know who the players are irl, have a nice chat and just chill. Since XUO always has been a pvp shard, we haven't made our friends "adventuring", we made most our friends by hanging out in duel pits. See it as a chat room if you like. It's also a place for players to organize ganking groups etc.
And guess what? Nobody will force you to go there, so instead of whining on the forums you could just stay in Britain or whatever place you like to hang around.

People need to realize that this is TWO shards merging, we need to keep the essence of both shards alive.

To be honest, I really HATE the decoration in dungeons. The reason for this is that it ruins the old school feeling for me. For me this game is nostalgic and I want places to look like they always have. BUT I don't post threads here about removing decorations. Hell, I don't even want them removed cause this isn't XUO's shard, it's both XUO and IN:R and I know decorations are a big part of IN, obviously I want you too to feel "home" at the new shards.

This post isn't meant to be offensive to anyone, this is just how ways are from my point of view.

Ok, first im talking about the SPAM, not the words of power. Maka said he was going to make a filter, that will allow max 10 words of power each 4 secounds. And that is still a spam! and you use it to hide your spell, not to trick your opponents.

And now a question. I dont know much about the xuopvp, i've tried it out a bit, and seen people fought in the pits. But wouldnt it work, if you use some few words of power, per minutes, instead of spamming it?

You wrote;
"Regarding duel pits, it's loved by XUO players, since it's a place to hang out and meet new friends, get to know who the players are irl, have a nice chat and just chill. Since XUO always has been a pvp shard, we haven't made our friends "adventuring", we made most our friends by hanging out in duel pits. See it as a chat room if you like. It's also a place for players to organize ganking groups etc.
And guess what? Nobody will force you to go there, so instead of whining on the forums you could just stay in Britain or whatever place you like to hang around."

That would ruin all the rp and all the real drama. And yes, people ARE forced in a way to go there! To contact traders, to talk with some of their friends who would hang there even if you decied to not be there. If they removed the pits, do you think people will stop hanging with eachother? No, they would be at the bank for example. If your friends are reds, maybe you'll hang at the bridge? But then the reds can kill the ones who isnt welcomed and so on.

And yes, its two shards merdging, but what did we get? (im really asking)

EDIT:

Almost forgot, i've seen maka and many others who said that pvp allways ends with hitting the wrong key. Its the same thing with other pvp-styles. Not even a simple IN:R-duel took long. And you wrote something sarcastic about our pvpsystemTongue yes, it was simple, and it was pretty easy to learn. I loved it, and i thought it was fun as hell.

Off Topic; How do you insert smilies when you're editing a post?

Think about the other point of view:
If there is no pits, how would you meet ppl? The change you can find someone who you are looking is quite small. They can be everywhere.
How would you PK with some reds, which aren't real friends. Who you ain't used to talk with them on msn.
How big is the change you find some real big ganks?
Everyone is hanging all over the world, it looks like your the only one playing the shard.

And i can go on..

Lederoil, 70% of IN:X will be IN based. I have already said this. All we get is the PvP (as agreed to by all IN staff and most IN players) and our Pits, to keep the "xuo feeling" and a few other minor additions .. I don't think you'll have a problem with what you're going to be getting. Please, Read other threads and posts before coming to conclusion or at least wait till beta 2 /3 to come up before deciding that XUO is dominant because it is not.

As for the others, stop this bullshit. Read the "The Situation." thread and stop nagging and bitching. Be positive. This server cannot be a success if everyone is judgemental and argues without proper motive. I want to see positive input. Negativity will not get us anywhere so keep your biased opinions to yourself. Be neutral and discuss, don't be negative.

I am going to lock this thread because it is not going to help our server advance.