Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Maybe Start a Vent server?

there is a free program called Skype. ive used it in the past and i know many of our spanish players use it. Skype is totally independant from uo however. maybe thats why you guys wanted to use ventrillo because it could interface with uo? but anyways, Skype + uo is pretty decent if you have decent internet.

no son ventrilo does not interface with UO:p its just like skype and all those other real-time talk-on-mic progs.. It's just much easier to use and setup than skype is

Never Knew such a little idea would click like that...Wink Damn I am Smart when im stoned!

Zoalqill Wrote:Noooo! No Ventrilo. That'd make me talk to my guild members and they're like British and they talk funny so I can't understand them :eek:Big Grin

I won't talk funny, I'm american.

Selling Forges and Anvils, 15k Each, 25k for both.
Selling Looms and Spinning Wheels, 15k Each, 25k for both.
Selling Water Troughs, 10k Each
Help me help you, contact info in my profile.

lol zoalquill.. ur swedish and swedish ppl kinda learn the brittish english in school=p

- regards, Fable

but not that many Swedes actually have the brittish pronunciation, and even i think it can sound funny from time to time.

[Image: ginzodium.jpg]
holding hands <3

Fable Wrote:lol zoalquill.. ur swedish and swedish ppl kinda learn the brittish english in school=p

to learn 'British' english (mind me im half british) does not mean to learn how to speak in a british accent but is to learn the proper grammatic techniques and spelling of words in proper english form. For example: Americans would say 'color' but the british would say 'colour!'

Online, the American influence dominates since I've yet to see swedish people spell colour the way it should be spelled. BLAME AMERICA

i simply say paint Tongue
j/k

holding hands <3

Fable Wrote:lol zoalquill.. ur swedish and swedish ppl kinda learn the brittish english in school=p
First off... We never learned the Brittish English in school. We learned both from the start, Brittish and American. Pavement/sidewalk, color/colour underground/subway and so on.

Secondly, we have avery America influated society today with like 95% American series and movies and the rest 5% is from the rest of the English talking world. That way we mostly grow up learning/hearing the American way.

The thing with Sweden, and all other countries that doesn't have English as their native tongue, is that the teachers talk really bad. They talk with this Swedish accent and we hear them talk like that and we start talking the exact same way. Which is really hilarious cause I remember this one time I heard a businessman talking in his cellular and I really couldn't stop laughing. He even turned around and looked at me and didn't understood squat until he asked me why I laughed so hard :p

Anyway, In my opinion we mostly learn the American accent due to all movies and series etc and therefor I don't understand Brittish English so well. Like when we got a teacher who talked very Brittish I had a hard time at first to really understand what he said. I wasn't used to that "shit" Tongue

Damn this got stupidly long Big Grin:badgrin:

[Image: 186317photonp2.gif][Image: rendered_yoshi.gif]
[COLOR="Wheat"][SIZE="2"]Cochise[/SIZE]
The Ultimate Skill Biatch
Want anything crafted? I'm your guy![/COLOR]

oh yeah we actually did learn both, now when u say it even i can remember that =)

holding hands <3

Americans do english better than the English anyways. I mean who wants to put effort into proper grammar and full enunciation?

Yankovic - "... Oh Nasir, sorry, you are teh greatest. I'm a fool, you were right all the time. please forgive me. ..." (possibly out of context)

:eek: back to the topic?