Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Cartography

Eru Wrote:Oh hey, I forgot about that idea. Adding it to the tracker. Smile

You will now gain cartography after successfully digging up a treasure chest.

@Assamaril: Skill books are books you can use to raise a skill level based on whatever it's set to. It looks like it's already scripted though where you gain cartography just by digging up the chest. Are you having problems finding them? You have to be really close to where it is before you can dig it up.

Also, if you're using Injection, you won't be able to rely on the numbers that Injection gives you.

Oh - I am trying to gain by producing world - maps in Occolo.
So I should skill up lockpicking first - I guess *smile*.

Thank you for your hint!

Habibi Jones Wrote:Haha yes maps do indeed carry more information than blanks, but how much does ink weigh Wink

The problem I have with selling them as I go is the sell agent in razor. I have local maps registered in the agent, and it's enabled, but when I say sell it sells not only the maps, but also my pens, my blank maps, and my blanks scrolls... It seems like by saying sell I'm just selling everything that the vendor will buy from me even though I only have local maps in in the agent... Weird...

I'm also very surprised at how slow the gain is :/ A while ago I made a character with starting carto at 85, but since I'm trying to get my main to have every GM skill at some point, I decided to start macroing carto this weekend on Habibi Jones. I was pretty upset when after ~10k blank scrolls, and about 12+ hours of macroing, I had gone from 41-49 carto... And keep in mind that was with the 25% increased skill gain. That is outrageous dude... I can't even imagine what it will take to get from 50-60 let alone 90-100. This makes me not even want to waste my time and money because it will literally take me a year to GM. That is incredibly disappointing considering hunting treasure maps is in my opinion one of the most fun activities in UO.

I could, of course, just macro my noob with 85 carto to 100 carto, but the fact that you can start with 85 yet training is so expensive/time consuming urkels my gurkel. I would have just chosen it on my main. Just my opinions Big Grin

Habibi, on razor.. dont set a hot bag, if you set a hot for the sell agent it will sell all the items of that hot bag if the vendor buys.. simply add to the right list the items you wish to sell and never set the hot bag to be your backpack!

I agree with you idea!
I always trash my maps ( lvl 1 , lvl 2)... with this system i will search and open it =)

And another question : Do i need lockicking to open the Chest?
And can i train LockPicking using a treasure chest?

Thanks!

Raziel_ Wrote:Habibi, on razor.. dont set a hot bag, if you set a hot for the sell agent it will sell all the items of that hot bag if the vendor buys.. simply add to the right list the items you wish to sell and never set the hot bag to be your backpack!
You can actually make a pretty beastly restock agent also, then target a chest on the ground to restock from it. I added one with all the popular weapons, plate armor, reagents, gold, etc and would hit that restock agent and target the treasure chest. It grabs all the 'good' stuff, then you can pick through the rest if you want. It's really nice when you have butt-loads of NPCs spawning around the thing. You can start the restock agent, then heal or bandage while it's running if something attacks you. Doesn't work on corpses, of course.

-edit-
Remembering this, I think I'll change the way that the Hunter/Slayer events work and add the treasure scrolls to a final boss instead of a chest.

Eru Wrote:You can actually make a pretty beastly restock agent also, then target a chest on the ground to restock from it. I added one with all the popular weapons, plate armor, reagents, gold, etc and would hit that restock agent and target the treasure chest. It grabs all the 'good' stuff, then you can pick through the rest if you want. It's really nice when you have butt-loads of NPCs spawning around the thing. You can start the restock agent, then heal or bandage while it's running if something attacks you. Doesn't work on corpses, of course.

-edit-
Remembering this, I think I'll change the way that the Hunter/Slayer events work and add the treasure scrolls to a final boss instead of a chest.

Fantastic use of razor I must say.

Eru Wrote:You can actually make a pretty beastly restock agent also, then target a chest on the ground to restock from it. I added one with all the popular weapons, plate armor, reagents, gold, etc and would hit that restock agent and target the treasure chest. It grabs all the 'good' stuff, then you can pick through the rest if you want. It's really nice when you have butt-loads of NPCs spawning around the thing. You can start the restock agent, then heal or bandage while it's running if something attacks you. Doesn't work on corpses, of course.

-edit-

Humm... but habibi's issue was with the sell agent hehe thats a very good way to use razor though!
I use easyuo to do that job... man easyuo is so awesome hehe