Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Cartography

Can maps please be made stackable? Also, can you please reduce the weight? It makes no sense that 1 map weighs 10x what 1 blank scroll makes. Maps shouldn't be dropping at my feet when I macro carto, especially 800/1000 maps Tongue

It's heavier because it has more information on it. Smile

If you're working cartography you can stand in cove and sell them at the cartographer that's next to the bank without too much problem. Craft, say sell, repeat.

I don't think anyone ever actually uses the maps unless they're macroing cartography, so it's not much of a problem if you sell as you make. :p

I just trash them for silver as I go

Haha yes maps do indeed carry more information than blanks, but how much does ink weigh Wink

The problem I have with selling them as I go is the sell agent in razor. I have local maps registered in the agent, and it's enabled, but when I say sell it sells not only the maps, but also my pens, my blank maps, and my blanks scrolls... It seems like by saying sell I'm just selling everything that the vendor will buy from me even though I only have local maps in in the agent... Weird...

I'm also very surprised at how slow the gain is :/ A while ago I made a character with starting carto at 85, but since I'm trying to get my main to have every GM skill at some point, I decided to start macroing carto this weekend on Habibi Jones. I was pretty upset when after ~10k blank scrolls, and about 12+ hours of macroing, I had gone from 41-49 carto... And keep in mind that was with the 25% increased skill gain. That is outrageous dude... I can't even imagine what it will take to get from 50-60 let alone 90-100. This makes me not even want to waste my time and money because it will literally take me a year to GM. That is incredibly disappointing considering hunting treasure maps is in my opinion one of the most fun activities in UO.

I could, of course, just macro my noob with 85 carto to 100 carto, but the fact that you can start with 85 yet training is so expensive/time consuming urkels my gurkel. I would have just chosen it on my main. Just my opinions Big Grin

if it took you 10k of blanks and 12 hours from 41 to 49 i think your doing somethingg wrong cuz with 10k blanks i got to 60 with 10k

I think we should add +1 cartography skill books to the treasure chests so that you can skill up by completing treasure chests.

i agree with ERU

Ya I like that idea Eru. And Christina not too sure how much can go wrong with carto... You click "create last" over and over again. Pretty straight forward.

Eru Wrote:I think we should add +1 cartography skill books to the treasure chests so that you can skill up by completing treasure chests.

I agree Wink

Eru Wrote:I think we should add +1 cartography skill books to the treasure chests so that you can skill up by completing treasure chests.

good IDEA!!

Hello,

what does this "I think we should add +1 cartography skill books to the treasure chests so that you can skill up by completing treasure chests." mean?

I have got the same problem. I only got 2 (1 each day, from 87,3 ti 87,5) after a lot of hours. Am I doing anything wrong?

Oh hey, I forgot about that idea. Adding it to the tracker. Smile

Disregard:
2011-10-10 (Revision 262)
You will now gain cartography after successfully digging up a treasure chest.

@Assamaril: Skill books are books you can use to raise a skill level based on whatever it's set to. It looks like it's already scripted though where you gain cartography just by digging up the chest. Are you having problems finding them? You have to be really close to where it is before you can dig it up.

Also, if you're using Injection, you won't be able to rely on the numbers that Injection gives you.