Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Install emergency!

I just reinstalled UO but when I attempt to open it to patch itself an error message pops up saying
Quote:C:\Program Files\EA Games\Ultima Online 2D Client\UO.exe is not a valid Win32 application.

Does anyone know what could be causing this and how I can fix it?

How did you install? With UOML setup or with the INSetup.exe?

If it's with INSetup, I made that package on a 64-bit Windows system which may cause problems. I dind't think of that when I set it up.

omg. I reinstalled using the manual method and I can logon but the world is all messed up. I fell asleep while it was patching and it went past 6.0.14 up to 7.0.4... could that be the problem?

I would guess yes, reinstall that mofo....

Reinstalled it to 6.0.14.4 with the following result:
[Image: Lamby_9-7_10.29.jpg]
It looks like i need to run IN patcher but when i do it says fully patched.

Make sure you are picking the client 6x option in the patcher.....

Ok I picked the client 6x option... it downloaded to client patched, but no noticeable change.

My installation is better than that, tho i do have problems with some stuff.
can manage the problems i have atm but i prob have to try install a few times to get it right.

I reinstalled using the manual install directions half a dozen times and the result has been the same each time. :mad:

have you tryed in the IN patcher to select force update and under it all files and go Smile?

Alexstrasza... God bless your heart, your advice worked. Thank you. Big Grin

The problem was probably how the patcher works and how it detects when the files have changed.

This actually gave me an interesting idea. I can probably get the patcher to compare MD5 hashes on the files so that it will detect whether it's different, not just the last time it patched. Why didn't I think of this before...