Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Moving to a New Shard

Is that on their site/shard or on here? They'd probably be the better people to ask if it's coming from their stuff. Tongue

Has anyone else had time to have a look at the map of Rel Por and research. I think that I like Pedran, Galven, & Vermell probably in that order. Pedran is nice as it would give our Blacksmithies an opportunity to mine within the town walls. Galven also has a cave that i noticed that is within the town walls and I like the feel of Vermell. I also like that these 3 cities are more compact rather than spread all out like some of the others.

The Scary thing about Galven is that I believe it may be more prone to attack given it is in the center of the world.

I've been playing rel por beta for a month or so and it is pretty sweet. Still in beta until the 3rd so i would say log in now to see for yourselves. you can set skills and stats and are given virtually unlimited resources during beta. as far as towns, i can tell you this...

Galven in the central city, it and a few others do not have citizenship/militia. Pedran, Vermell, Calor, Lillano and Arbor do

Arbor is where you can expect the orcs to setup

You can be a citizen w/o being militia, but not vice versa

all the towns have their perks just log in and start exploring, you have nothing to lose

ill think i follow you guys.. why not kinda bored anyway.. i allready logged in with razor to the relpor to check it out but i dont know wich files i need to see everything good.. and wich client and so on i always been noob in those files

From relpor.com go to the "Information" tab, then "How to Play" then "Join Guide" it will tell you everything you need. What I did and had no issues was this...

- named my current uo directory "Ultima Online xxxxxx 2" (this is bc the new client install will default to 1 and cause problems)
- download and install appropriate client
- go to the "Rel Por" files under the same "How to play" subsection and individually right click and "Save as" each on into the new UO directory overwriting as it asks.
- MOST IMPORTANT....when you open razor, next to load client, click "Browse" and choose the client in the NEW directory with the rel por files overwritten in it

hopefully i didnt make this more confusing than it was. good luck

We've lost a little pace in this thread and I just wanted to confirm who is in for banding together on rel por? What is everyones thoughts on setting in Pedran possibly? What kind of roles does everyone want to take? I have been reading around at several guild sites and they appear to be putting together game plans similar to the one I hope we can so that we can hit the ground running. If we are thinking of starting a guild we will probably want to pool our gold together initially and get a house right away so we can get started. Anyone have some ideas they want to throw out and who is all in?

im in.. i am trying to get relpor working on my computer.

I'm still undecided if I want to put time into such a new shard, ok it may turn into quite a good place for a long time but then again it could go the opposite way too and close down after spending countless hours working your way up like IN did.

Why don't we choose a solid and reliable shard instead of a new one?
I've the same doubt of Ayleth...

If you have a look at the site I think you'll see that there has been alot of work put into it. Also there are going to be alot of other players playing there. It is a very popular launch from what I am reading around the internet. I think it will be around awhile.

Alot of people have shown interest for moving to Rel Por. I have started a new thread so that we can confirm who is in sure and start to prepare for launch on Friday. Check it out here!