Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

PvP Changes

well im pretty sure i wont be one of the blizzard followers..people still flock to them when they make an obvious bad game ;/

sm0ke Wrote:Everyone using the exuse that summer is here and that is the reason for the client decrease has brain damage and needs to stop using that exuse. If anything that's when people finish finals and only have work which is more time than they should have during the rest of the year. Yes people choose to go out during nice weather that doesn't mean they drop the game.

Can't believe people are still using that lame exuse all the way since IN-X people have been saying it and it's just something to put the blame on.

Another reason people are leaving is because there is now less than two weeks before diablo 3 comes out and they don't mind waiting for it to come out, not going to lie but a good portion will probably go there including my self.

I don't see the reason to mask the reasons why people are leaving the shard it does nothing and thinking people are that naive is just an insult really.

Except summer isn't here. Summer isn't here until June. Most schools aren't out until the middle of May.

My point was that client decreases are happening throughout free UO servers. And that when the player base peaked at 200 the vast majority of players that came and left were likely players that never experienced the pvp mechanics here.

por corp wis Wrote:i can't wait for d3 even tho i didn't like beta =/ it definitely has lack of d1,d2 atmosphere.

neither was i and i had a beta for like 2 months, although recently their has been new videos of character skills that have been released on the official website, kinda got me interested. I'm excited and can't wait for it to come out :p

I can't say why other people stopped playing, but my playtime has been less because I have been playing other games. I tend to game hop so maybe other people do also? Nothing to do with the shard, but I probably fall into the subset of people who play from nostalgia then leave for a bit. Rinse repeat.

Every one needs to remember that UO is on its death bed. This server is great it has a great mixture of staff and *MOST* of the players here are cool as shit. So lets stop the server is dieing shit and just hold on for the ride.

I'm basically a bit inactive right now because I got bored...and exams...and yes, Diablo 3. I played the shit out of some Diablo 2 and can't wait for the next installment.

I've gotten bored because there's literally nothing for me to do other than sell armor and rides, and PvP...lose shit, gain shit, circle of UO life. I'm rich, not terrible at pvp, and I know the ins-and-outs, therefore I've kind of gotten to that point where I feel like I've "beaten" the game. I'll always love UO and it's uniqueness, but there's a point I've gotten to where the brakes have slowed down my excitement somewhat. IN isn't new TO ME anymore (considering i've been playing it for 10 years), though it has probably 85% of what I like and like to see in a UO server. I may be off and on still, not sure. Honestly the #1 thing I'd like to see is a leveling system...lots of work and detail and craziness, but THAT would keep me going =p

Atlas Wrote:I'm basically a bit inactive right now because I got bored...and exams...and yes, Diablo 3. I played the shit out of some Diablo 2 and can't wait for the next installment.

I've gotten bored because there's literally nothing for me to do other than sell armor and rides, and PvP...lose shit, gain shit, circle of UO life. I'm rich, not terrible at pvp, and I know the ins-and-outs, therefore I've kind of gotten to that point where I feel like I've "beaten" the game. I'll always love UO and it's uniqueness, but there's a point I've gotten to where the brakes have slowed down my excitement somewhat. IN isn't new TO ME anymore (considering i've been playing it for 10 years), though it has probably 85% of what I like and like to see in a UO server. I may be off and on still, not sure. Honestly the #1 thing I'd like to see is a leveling system...lots of work and detail and craziness, but THAT would keep me going =p

Most people are like that, it is hard to breath new life into a 15 year old game....

sm0ke Wrote:neither was i and i had a beta for like 2 months, although recently their has been new videos of character skills that have been released on the official website, kinda got me interested. I'm excited and can't wait for it to come out :p
i have it for a month, and after reaching max lvl with all characters and messing around with craft i have mixed fillings. The game itself is really good but i guess it will be just a "good game" but not an awesome continuation of a legendary diablo series.

Atlas Wrote:Honestly the #1 thing I'd like to see is a leveling system...lots of work and detail and craziness, but THAT would keep me going =p

Actually , one thing that makes me keep coming back to UO is the lack of a Lvl system , the free skilling system is far better imo and there are still mmos being developed with that in mind.
And i think the right way to make uo better is to add more secrets , skills , and ways for players to have impact on the world and that without throwing of uo good parts and ruining its balance like osi does/did , why stupidify this great game with a leveling system?
Well , but playing it for many years , and seeing peaple i know leave makes me want to play it less and less atm , but i think in fall peaple are coming back again.

I vote that the staff should give me a whole map to my self and only have one bar / mage shop / bank / and all the tools i need to craft / a tent / a ship. And I would be as happy as a pig in shit. Also we would have to make it where players have to pay 20k if they want to come visit KANDERDOM!

por corp wis Wrote:i have it for a month, and after reaching max lvl with all characters and messing around with craft i have mixed fillings. The game itself is really good but i guess it will be just a "good game" but not an awesome continuation of a legendary diablo series.

true but then again they limited how much we can see and test out, I agree tho the story line is gonna be meh

i think everyone is looking for the answer how the server goes from 200 to 75 clients in a matter of weeks but i don't think there is one answer. Like others have said, UO is an old game and people come back for nostalgia reasons for that UO fix then leave.

one thing i think could inject some life back into the server is implementing a political system. For example take a few cities: Britain, Trinsic, and Moonglow and have elections for a King for each city. The King would get some benefits. He would have King before his name and he would be able to exile any player from the city. But he can't be a total jack ass because there would still be monthly elections.