Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

PvP Changes

Apparently they didn't like my very satirical thread about the new changes, so I'll make a legit one.

HOORAY FOR TEH NEW CHANGES, ALL HAIL LOKI

Can't wait to test them out myself

Loki did a good work with this !

all tumbs up for him !

Why didn't you test them out already? The test gate has been open for two weeks lol
But yeah, I'm excited! I love patch days!

i have not yet Sad

Iv tested them a few times, they seem alright...
mind blast was a little retarded tho...

all in all every one i tested with, all said if these changed get implemented they are leaving the server lol.

so not sure what that tells you, and these weren't your regular 30 day old accounts...more like 90-couple hundred day old accounts.

I guess we will find out Smile

i dunno i liked it...dont see why people say they dont like it its basically the same but you have more options..but what can you do people always going to *****

Does server get rebooted? or are they are in effect this morning?

I certainly hope that most people will like the changes. I had very few people express displeasure with the changes to me, compared to the number who said they were looking forward to the changes.

I would regret if anyone was to quit because of the changes, I put a lot of effort to make the style stay similar and for the option of continuing to PvP in exactly the same fashion as before the changes to still be viable.

I have only just got home from a weekend away but if the server has been restarted and the changes are live I may hold a tourney either later tonight or tomorrow. Although I can't stress enough that the changes are made to try and fix world PvP, although I hope dueling will still be good, I figure most people want a dynamic and exciting world PvP system to keep them having fun even when events aren't on and so on. People like to fight and loot, I know it's what I used to love doing when I was a player, I hope this will be more feasible now.

This doesn't mean I don't care about dueling though and if there are any issues with dueling I'll be sure to take steps to make sure it still works nicely.

I like the changes except that FS does the same amount of damage no matter what type of AR you are wearing. Which defeats the whole purpose of wearing higher AR because you're going to get FS ganked anyways. I thought the idea of wearing higher AR is for better survivability in a duel/gank. Now we will have people running around with cheap armour again spamming fs and harm. I tested wearing 38 AR and 60AR with FS and Harm and it's the same. Explosion is a given that wearing no armour it will do more damage to you.

This then negates the idea of having more dex to swing faster or bandie heal faster with dex because you're losing stats to str/hits or int and by the time you get to the person they would have unloaded all their fs's onto you.

Just letting ya know. Smile

-eb

ElvenBane Wrote:I like the changes except that FS does the same amount of damage no matter what type of AR you are wearing. Which defeats the whole purpose of wearing higher AR because you're going to get FS ganked anyways. I thought the idea of wearing higher AR is for better survivability in a duel/gank. Now we will have people running around with cheap armour again spamming fs and harm. I tested wearing 38 AR and 60AR with FS and Harm and it's the same. Explosion is a given that wearing no armour it will do more damage to you.

This then negates the idea of having more dex to swing faster or bandie heal faster with dex because you're losing stats to str/hits or int and by the time you get to the person they would have unloaded all their fs's onto you.

Just letting ya know. Smile

-eb

Armo should be more powerful in pvp thats a fact, i hope i se a change in it aswell. as elvenbane says. Weapons should be powerful aswell.

i like the change but there is a few stuff that need to be fixed.

ElvenBane Wrote:I like the changes except that FS does the same amount of damage no matter what type of AR you are wearing. Which defeats the whole purpose of wearing higher AR because you're going to get FS ganked anyways. I thought the idea of wearing higher AR is for better survivability in a duel/gank. Now we will have people running around with cheap armour again spamming fs and harm. I tested wearing 38 AR and 60AR with FS and Harm and it's the same. Explosion is a given that wearing no armour it will do more damage to you.

You need to play around more. First, FS does do more damage on low AR but only a small difference, enough to give a slight edge to higher AR but not much. Spamming FS is harder since even the scroll is 27 mana now. Explosion does dramatically higher damage on low AR, up to 60 on naked people. Also, EB is untouched and still hits pretty hard on poor AR and Fireball now also hits extremely well, fast and for low mana on naked/low AR. These are all tools you can use to punish an opponent who is not wearing sufficient armour.

Harm is indeed not AR dependent. But Harm is not a primary nuking spell, it is a mana-efficient harassment spell.

Quote:This then negates the idea of having more dex to swing faster or bandie heal faster with dex because you're losing stats to str/hits or int and by the time you get to the person they would have unloaded all their fs's onto you.

High Dex is still more of a dueling build since weapons are not mobile, even with 6000 dex this wouldn't change, but the fact is that high dex now has a lot of benefits that it didn't have a few days ago, this can only be a step in the right direction. I'm afraid pure warrior will never be viable because it takes no input/skill to just double click and chase, I cannot reward that kind of simplicity with the same effectiveness as a hybrid build which takes that + mana management, spell selection, timing etc.

I think someone running 120 dex may find they are able to conserve good amounts of mana with bandaging and in a 1 vs 1 situation should be able to bully their opponent with superior weapon hitting, especially in confined spaces. In the end it is stylistic choice, but it is not reasonable to expect to crush enemies with only your weapon.

Changes are dumb. Impossible to duel 1v1. Impossible to split up a gank by walls because walls now dissapear so quick. Now all i see is gonna be only gank.. good job.