Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

PvP Changes

sm0ke Wrote:I'm saying hes making it sound much complicated than it actually is, making it seem like everything is a math question to be solved to learn this type of pvp or use it.

You can have the right code or "algorithm" for something to make it work properly like poison, but it doesn't mean it's balanced or good for the shard with this type of PvP. That goes for the mana regeneration as well.

I don't think so and don't think it ever will because it's the same exact list I pmed loki about 2 weeks ago from the test shard, then have everyone bring up the same points in this thread and from the other thread as well basically bringing up the same problems i've already posted numerous amount of times.

EDIT: Anyways what do I care, diablo 3 is coming out in 15 days

If you look actually relatively few people have made complaint, it's just that I tend to be willing to talk things out. I still think you jump too conclusions too easily, you may be right, I don't think you are, but even if you are I still don't think you've actually tested things out in as much depth as I would like. Improvements have to be made, sticking your head in the sand about making changes isn't the way, and neither are tiny tweaks.

As for the maths side of things, I believe mathematics is the correct way to balance things, but understanding the maths is not necessary for participation, only an understanding of what the purpose of each tool is. Which I've now written a guide for, you may (apparently) dislike most of the changes, but I still hope as an experienced PvPer you have a chance to take a look.

Edit: Seeing the maths you may also realise that the regeneration and poison systems are not as dramatic as something you'd see on an OSI style or AoS server. Particularly the mitigation which is actually lower than I quoted earlier in this thread (mental miscalculation on my part) and regen which accounts for only 50% of total mana if you choose to stick with pot chugging.

Maximus Wrote:Been a while sense I have checked things out around the world of UO.. decided to come on over to in-uo.net and check out whats going on here.. Looks like my predictions are in full process... And some of you weirdo's were calling me a cancer.. What did me and my buddies say in the beginning.. If you give what you have always given.. You will get what you always got. I win.
Bye Smile

I hope no one responds to this obvious goading. We have always maintained we wished to improve our PvP system and now we are doing it, flaming is not helpful or necessary. It's a shame we lost a lot of players waiting for change to come but I hope our system will be more attractive for new people now, we (and I believe I speak for all the staff) have no interest in recriminations or arguing, we just want a good system which is fun for as many as possible and improvements and tweaks can be made if problems arise.

Maximus Wrote:Been a while sense I have checked things out around the world of UO.. decided to come on over to in-uo.net and check out whats going on here.. Looks like my predictions are in full process... And some of you weirdo's were calling me a cancer.. What did me and my buddies say in the beginning.. If you give what you have always given.. You will get what you always got. I win.
Bye Smile

Hey man! Been a while indeed! Hows your Fizzle-PvP server doing? 300 online any time, ofcourse?

Bye Smile

errr....what?

also hi Smile

Lol Hi!

Lol no fizzle pvp for me.. NO UO for me..Do miss it tho.. And Im sorry to the staff for that post.. was more directed at some of the players.. The staff here was really good in my opinion. Just not my style of play.. and unforntually for all you hard working staff members..I dont think its many players style. There is a group of about 10 players who had all the same beliefs on here and are a very loud crowd.. They shut everyone up who dares to threaten there LEET skillz with change. But I did say in a post a long while back saying that very soon the playerbase will steadily decline because ive seen this show all to much. And I was laughed at.. Called a billion things.. and now that I wanted to just see what was going on in the world of Imagine Nation.. I found that my prediction is in action as we speak and I had to be dousche to say I told you so...

[Image: 2h690s1.jpg]

oh and yea, the staffmembers obviously hate this PvP system as well, the only thing that keeps them staffing here is high salary rate.

Gang Wrote:oh and yea, the staffmembers obviously hate this PvP system as well, the only thing that keeps them staffing here is high salary rate.

Don't forget our bonuses and dental.... Rolleyes

I have no teeth Sad

Loki Wrote:I have no teeth Sad

Mmmm... feelsgoodman.jpg

Maximus Wrote:Lol Hi!

Lol no fizzle pvp for me.. NO UO for me..Do miss it tho.. And Im sorry to the staff for that post.. was more directed at some of the players.. The staff here was really good in my opinion. Just not my style of play.. and unforntually for all you hard working staff members..I dont think its many players style. There is a group of about 10 players who had all the same beliefs on here and are a very loud crowd.. They shut everyone up who dares to threaten there LEET skillz with change. But I did say in a post a long while back saying that very soon the playerbase will steadily decline because ive seen this show all to much. And I was laughed at.. Called a billion things.. and now that I wanted to just see what was going on in the world of Imagine Nation.. I found that my prediction is in action as we speak and I had to be dousche to say I told you so...

what makes you think that no fizzle pvp was the reason for the decline in players? It looks like most of the players that were pvping are still here.

i think the time of year has much more to do with it. For people in college its coming up on finals.But also..you have to consider that UO is an old game. Some people come back to it for nostalgic reasons, get their fix for a few weeks, then leave it behind.

look at the two really big UO servers: IPY and UO Hybrid. Both are way down on players as well. IPY was getting close to 1000 just a couple months ago and now they are half that. (they allow 3 clients on at a time so their #'s are not all unique players) But my point is, if player bases are down all over UO free servers then the decline in players on IN likely has nothing to do with something you feel the staff did or didn't do.

IN hit close to 200 players but most of those hadn't yet reached the point where they knew a lot about the IN pvp dynamics. Most people when starting out don't even pay attention to pvp. I've been on the server for a couple months and i still havn't pvp'd yet.

a lot of us starting playing UO way back when we were practically kids and now like 14 years later we're adults with busy lives and responsibilities. For some the idea of playing UO again sounds fun. They sign up and play for a bit then realize they don't have the time for it. If i had to guess why the player base peaked and then declined i would say it has more to do with the fact UO players are older now and not as devoted to spending hours and hours playing an MMO.

Falstaff Wrote:what makes you think that no fizzle pvp was the reason for the decline in players? It looks like most of the players that were pvping are still here.

i think the time of year has much more to do with it. For people in college its coming up on finals.But also..you have to consider that UO is an old game. Some people come back to it for nostalgic reasons, get their fix for a few weeks, then leave it behind.

look at the two really big UO servers: IPY and UO Hybrid. Both are way down on players as well. IPY was getting close to 1000 just a couple months ago and now they are half that. (they allow 3 clients on at a time so their #'s are not all unique players) But my point is, if player bases are down all over UO free servers then the decline in players on IN likely has nothing to do with something you feel the staff did or didn't do.

IN hit close to 200 players but most of those hadn't yet reached the point where they knew a lot about the IN pvp dynamics. Most people when starting out don't even pay attention to pvp. I've been on the server for a couple months and i still havn't pvp'd yet.

a lot of us starting playing UO way back when we were practically kids and now like 14 years later we're adults with busy lives and responsibilities. For some the idea of playing UO again sounds fun. They sign up and play for a bit then realize they don't have the time for it. If i had to guess why the player base peaked and then declined i would say it has more to do with the fact UO players are older now and not as devoted to spending hours and hours playing an MMO.

Hey Listen.. Im not saying I think that the pvp system is purely the cause.. Your absolutely right.. This is busy time for alot of people... UO is a mid september-winter kind of deal. But what seperated UO from WoW.. for me was fizzle pvp and the fact you can full loot..I know you can full loot on here, but id rather play WoW a game that requires fast clicking on a keyboard just like this pvp did and have amazing graphics as well instead of being stuck in the early 1990's.. Fizzle PvP was the innovation that kept me playing UO for these long amount of years.. Not saying that this style didnt work for you for how many years you been playing.. But alot of players went to WoW cause its basically the same shit with great graphics. All I can think of when I was trying this pvp was the south park episode of them all playing wow.. thats what this style reminds me of.

Everyone using the exuse that summer is here and that is the reason for the client decrease has brain damage and needs to stop using that exuse. If anything that's when people finish finals and only have work which is more time than they should have during the rest of the year. Yes people choose to go out during nice weather that doesn't mean they drop the game.

Can't believe people are still using that lame exuse all the way since IN-X people have been saying it and it's just something to put the blame on.

Another reason people are leaving is because there is now less than two weeks before diablo 3 comes out and they don't mind waiting for it to come out, not going to lie but a good portion will probably go there including my self.

I don't see the reason to mask the reasons why people are leaving the shard it does nothing and thinking people are that naive is just an insult really.

i can't wait for d3 even tho i didn't like beta =/ it definitely has lack of d1,d2 atmosphere.