Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The way to go..to lose people

Azzo Wrote:Imo maze should be for every afk check fail, and jail time for consecutive fails, maybe 3. If they keep getting jail time, maybe escalate to resetting of skill, removal of ingots/gold etc.

That actually sounds good,

at the very least:

Removal of the res portal from Mt Kendall to Merc camp (leave portal just make it so it doesn't res), people will still run to healer and such but you'll reduce some of it at least.

Keep the 3x sent to maze thing but should they be sent to the maze 3 times within a certain time frame (something large like per week, a day is just too short of a period seeing as I've sometime mined all day with only 2 gumps) then jail time. If they get jailed 3 times then some very harsh punishment (removal of skill or ingots or a very long jail time)

Azzo Wrote:Imo maze should be for every afk check fail, and jail time for consecutive fails, maybe 3. If they keep getting jail time, maybe escalate to resetting of skill, removal of ingots/gold etc.

this really needs to happen. the afk mining is getting rather ridiculous

The maze should be plenty for now. As far as I know, there's no way to macro it since it's randomized.

It's placed near Mt. Kendall since that's where most people mine at and there's a nearby bank for people to get back to where they were easily. If you plan on mining somewhere else, you should keep some reagents and a rune to your mining spot in the bank. The idea of 'not having any regs in the bank' is a foreign concept to most people.

I'm not a fan of jailing people just yet unless someone figures out how to macro the maze. Right now if your'e caught with a run/res macro, all your ores get deleted and your mining is set to 0. It's very easy to detect now with the new maze. People can still have honest mistakes and forget the mining macro is running (I did all the time, even though I was still at my computer working on other things.) I'd prefer people have a minor, 5 minute annoyance to get back to mining than have someone not be able to play at all for a week. That method is much more likely to 'cause players to quit' than a simple afk maze.

Eru Wrote:The maze should be plenty for now. As far as I know, there's no way to macro it since it's randomized.

It's placed near Mt. Kendall since that's where most people mine at and there's a nearby bank for people to get back to where they were easily. If you plan on mining somewhere else, you should keep some reagents and a rune to your mining spot in the bank. The idea of 'not having any regs in the bank' is a foreign concept to most people.

I'm not a fan of jailing people just yet unless someone figures out how to macro the maze. Right now if your'e caught with a run/res macro, all your ores get deleted and your mining is set to 0. It's very easy to detect now with the new maze. People can still have honest mistakes and forget the mining macro is running (I did all the time, even though I was still at my computer working on other things.) I'd prefer people have a minor, 5 minute annoyance to get back to mining than have someone not be able to play at all for a week. That method is much more likely to 'cause players to quit' than a simple afk maze.

mt kendall needs to be watched more closely then. the run/res macro is getting quite common from what i've seen in my limited time spent there

Be|gar Wrote:mt kendall needs to be watched more closely then. the run/res macro is getting quite common from what i've seen in my limited time spent there

Indeed I spent 20 mins there yesterday and saw AT LEAST 3-4 people with one.

I have never been to the maze so I can't say for sure, but http://www.easyuo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=46194 that's a pathfinding script in OpenEUO that just needs a beginning and an end coordinate and can pathfind based on your mul files and even locked down non-static items.

EG:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8lQYzdjWDk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kK4XY02UEqo

I'm sure similar scripts exist for injection and EasyUO.

Would that be able to get through the maze?

Eru Wrote:(I did all the time, even though I was still at my computer working on other things.)

Finally a post that makes sense. If you people have the patience to stare at your character all the time or always remember to stop your macro when you leave for 2 minutes, well, you are great. I can't.
I know, the Minoc problem is easily solvable, I just got frustrated since I couldn't find a reagent vendor.

Azzo Wrote:Would that be able to get through the maze?

It's not an actual maze, it's a sort of disappearing-reappearing platforms that the pathfinding shouldn't be able to get through since you fall down and have to start from the beginning.

If you see anyone with a res macro then page. I've already jailed several people for that and removed their ingots / set their mining to 0.