Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The way to go..to lose people

Ok, gathering resources AFK is illegal, and that's fine.
But isn't the punishment becoming too hard? I left the room for 5 minutes and got killed, sent to that bridge thing and then sent to Minoc, where there's no reagent vendor so you can't teleport back where you were if you don't have reagents in your bank or don't want to spend 5k for 60 reagents per kind when you need a mandrake root, a black pearl and a blood moss. Isn't it possible to put a reagent vendor there, at least?

From my experience, these are the things that make players leave. I'm not saying that you should be able to raise BS in 5 minutes, but gathering 400k iron takes a while and when you make hard things impossible, that's when your shard gets empty.

there is 3 mages in minoc.

I mined virtually all the resources for smithy myself and i got killed by the afk gump at most 4-5 times. Maybe you just shouldnt go afk?

If you get uo automap, if you zoom in a little bit it shows what all the shops in a town are. Would be easy to find the mage then wherever you are.

resource gathering afk is illegal, you died and your complaining because you did it when you knew it was illegal?

this isn't nearly hard at all to deal with lmfao or will it make people quit.

sm0ke Wrote:resource gathering afk is illegal, you died and your complaining because you did it when you knew it was illegal?

this isn't nearly hard at all to deal with lmfao or will it make people quit.
Lol if you could read I'm not complaining for that, I'm saying the punishment is too hard, since gathering 400k iron to raise BS is hard enough without something that teleports you to Minoc and if you're not mining there it's a pain in the ass to go back since I couldn't find reagents. Plus, when you go into the new afk punishment you have to update the client and I had to do it twice because it kept crashing.

Of course there has to be something for afk gathering or everybody would just leave it there mining, I'm just saying that the gump that kills you should be enough, if you mine at Minoc the new device doesn't really change anything since you spawn just behind the mines.

Next time read what I wrote if you really want to reply, ok?

Venos Wrote:I mined virtually all the resources for smithy myself and i got killed by the afk gump at most 4-5 times. Maybe you just shouldnt go afk?

Well I usually leave the game in the background and check if the gump appears but I don't keep my eyes on it all the time, and if I have to go to the other room for a minute or get distracted I don't stop mining, I don't have the time to stick my eyes to the computer 24/7. With the time I have, if I don't go a little afk I would take a year to raise BS here, I think that's kinda too much for a game.

alexandroz Wrote:Lol if you could read I'm not complaining for that, I'm saying the punishment is too hard, since gathering 400k iron to raise BS is hard enough without something that teleports you to Minoc and if you're not mining there it's a pain in the ass to go back since I couldn't find reagents. Plus, when you go into the new afk punishment you have to update the client and I had to do it twice because it kept crashing.

Of course there has to be something for afk gathering or everybody would just leave it there mining, I'm just saying that the gump that kills you should be enough, if you mine at Minoc the new device doesn't really change anything since you spawn just behind the mines.

Next time read what I wrote if you really want to reply, ok?

Well I usually leave the game in the background and check if the gump appears but I don't keep my eyes on it all the time, and if I have to go to the other room for a minute or get distracted I don't stop mining, I don't have the time to stick my eyes to the computer 24/7. With the time I have, if I don't go a little afk I would take a year to raise BS here, I think that's kinda too much for a game.

I did read what you wrote, you made a post and think the punishment is too hard when the rule clearly says not too do it afk and you did so, so you're acting like im a retard now because your upset that you got teleported to a place with no regs because you didn't follow the rules no to mention you agree and know you didn't follow the rules there's not much more too say.. don't macro afk to gain resources

if you think dying is punishment enough there's scripts that can res and keep mining you think their really losing if they die and there is no punishment? they really dont lose anything because to begin with they are afk gaining resources..

There are scripts that will warn you with a sound or something similar when the gump pops up. You only get teleported to that spot if you fail the gump several times within a certain period.
If you keep regs and a rune in your bank you can recall back quite easily. Or you can just mine in Mt Kendall instead.

sm0ke Wrote:I did read what you wrote, you made a post and think the punishment is too hard when the rule clearly says not too do it afk and you did so, so you're acting like im a retard now because your upset that you got teleported to a place with no regs because you didn't follow the rules no to mention you agree and know you didn't follow the rules there's not much more too say.. don't macro afk to gain resources

if you think dying is punishment enough there's scripts that can res and keep mining you think their really losing if they die and there is no punishment? they really dont lose anything because to begin with they are afk gaining resources..

Ok so why you didn't explain yourself better at the first time? If you just wrote what you did it would have been fine. You just told me what I already knew, I know I am not supposed to macro afk, I just said why I do that.

p.s. could you please use some more punctuation? Your posts are so hard to read.

Taran Wrote:There are scripts that will warn you with a sound or something similar when the gump pops up. You only get teleported to that spot if you fail the gump several times within a certain period.
If you keep regs and a rune in your bank you can recall back quite easily. Or you can just mine in Mt Kendall instead.

Mt Kendall is kinda crowded..those scripts would be great, where can I find them?

don't go afk while mining ;\

There are already people who have scripted their way to res'ing once they die and now I have even heard of people who have scripted their way out of the maze thing. Personally I think punishment isn't harsh enough, honestly go stand in Mt Kendall for a while and see how many people get killed by AFK gump, run through the portal to merc camp and res themselves, go back to mining without looting their corpse and healing and it is fairly obvious.

This happens a few times and then they vanish for a little while (sent to maze) only to return unhealed and not looting corpse and back to mining... I'd like to see some harsher punishment for those continuously getting sent to that maze thing. I've mined for weeks and I have only been killed by the gump 3-4 times and that was because I didn't read the instructions properly at the start to type it in all lowercase :embarassment:. I think if you plan to gather resources then you should be paying attention, no excuses.

I often watch movies or surf the internet while mining, it isn't hard to reduce the size of your browser window or media player so it shows a tiny section left side of game screen as the gump always pops up in the same place... there should be no excuse for not catching the gump, seriously if you walk away for a little bit, hit stop on your damn script, it ain't that hard and you don't lose that much time gathering... Economy all really sucks and it's gonna just get worse with all the people easily AFK gathering with no real consequence.

Imo maze should be for every afk check fail, and jail time for consecutive fails, maybe 3. If they keep getting jail time, maybe escalate to resetting of skill, removal of ingots/gold etc.