Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Healing Failed

I have considered the idea of regen being based on AR but I fear it would lead to people wearing whatever gives the best regen and still running around casting. With no precasting and no swinging whilst running (the opposite of OSI-style servers which it seems to me is what you are used to) it's difficult to imagine any (sensible) way to make a warrior viable without a lot of magic use.

I'm happy to hear ideas of course, but remember PvP success should come from skill and skill means input, sadly our weapons here are just autoattack, which takes little or no input, that's where a lot of the problem comes from (and no skill cap is a big issue too).

Sorry if I'm not saying what you want to hear, I feel your pain, I love class-based stuff, but that's never been Sphere style...

For the record the new changes (if they come in) will improve bandages and also weapon swing rates for high dexterity, this will not allow you to be a pure warrior but it may help you feel like you are more of a warrior mage than a mage warrior Smile

Mana regen based on armor just ensures there will be use for all armor types.

Any thoughts on increasing the AR amount on other types of smith armor? All I ever see is platemail. I personally like wearing ring and chain both, but the AR just isnt there.

allsuperior,

you could RP a warrior and just use magery for buffs. It's a gimped PvP template but with the changes in PvP coming it sounds like it wouldn't be useless.

you could go 120 st 120 dex and 60 int.

There is no templates without skillcap. Implementing a skillcap at this point seems impossible without screwing over people who are already over that cap in skillpoints.

allsuperior Wrote:I personally like wearing ring and chain both, but the AR just isnt there.

Magical ring and chain have decent AR. Does not compare to plate, but it's good enough. Crafted ring or chain would be just waste of ingots with this system.

allsuperior Wrote:Mana regen based on armor just ensures there will be use for all armor types.

Sorry, I just don't agree, if mana regen was different for different armour types only the best mana regen would be used, because magery is mobile and threatening on the move and going out of mana is a disaster. I know this isn't what you want to hear, but that's what Sphere style is I'm afraid.

Quote:Any thoughts on increasing the AR amount on other types of smith armor? All I ever see is platemail. I personally like wearing ring and chain both, but the AR just isnt there.

I'm not familiar with the current AR values but if Taran doesn't object I don't mind closing the gaps up a bit so the "penalty" of using mail is very very small, i.e. yes willing to raise their AR a bit (I assume from what you are currently saying it is not).

Falstaff Wrote:allsuperior,

you could RP a warrior and just use magery for buffs. It's a gimped PvP template but with the changes in PvP coming it sounds like it wouldn't be useless.

you could go 120 st 120 dex and 60 int.

I have tried to make it viable, but ultimately if you are doing nothing but auto attack and the other guy has to do timing, spell selection and mana management and also has access to weaponry like you do then it's difficult to balance. PvP would be terrible if it was possible to just auto attack people to death...