Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Healing Failed

i just wanted to see if anyone else had this problem where you begin healing and then it says healing failed? I have gm healing & anatomy so i dont really understand why this keeps happening. Also, why disarm when healing? I might aswell use magery and never fail. Sad Just curious on why some things are this way.

There is about 9% chance of bandage failure even at GM skill. The advantage is to save mana and resources, but undeniably magic healing is more reliable at this time. This, like many things, may be reviewed in future, but for the time being bandages are still quite useful for certain situations.

not for pvm though, its only good for mage pvp. Sad

Healing also fails if you toggle combat while the heal is working.

Like Loki said many things will be reviewed in the future but to me ATM warrior skills are WAY underpowered. Thats why you dont see any actual dexxing skills being used in PvP, they are just too weak with the no-fizzle even when being beat on with a fast swinging weapon. Mages use aids, magery, pots, and strength in numbers. The warriors have only aids and even they fail with max skills.

The problem is without a skill cap there is no such thing as a dexxer really, and even if there were with their only option being auto-attack we can't possibly make them as strong as people using magery without sucking the skill out of PvP. I'd love to think of a way around it, I love the variety of PvP templates you get in a skill capped server, but, that's not what we are here and it's difficult to imagine a way to make such an approach work. I'm happy to listen to ideas, though I do not have the power to promise you anything.

I just dont want to see warriors falling to the sideline and the mage becoming more and more powerful. Atleast removing the disarming when using bandages would insure once a warrior started healing he could keep dishing out damage, but with the disarm with heal, I might aswell keep my weapon down and attempt to keep healing until the mage is out of the 100 mana (140 with pots) and hope I survive.

allsuperior Wrote:I just dont want to see warriors falling to the sideline and the mage becoming more and more powerful. Atleast removing the disarming when using bandages would insure once a warrior started healing he could keep dishing out damage, but with the disarm with heal, I might aswell keep my weapon down and attempt to keep healing until the mage is out of the 100 mana (140 with pots) and hope I survive.

i see you are new to the server... and probably new to servers without skillcap..
first - here i dont see anyone melee a monster because its suicide.. unless you have a summon to tank that monster for you.
second - you can set a simple macro to heal and re-equip at the same side... despite that you wont attack anyway..
third - on servers with no skill cap.. mages tend to be more powerfull than anything else! thats because they can tank! so you need to relly on magery for hunting like everyone else does.. its not expensive and using provocation helps a loooot! you can buy ev scrolls for 130gp each.. and you can kill a drake with 1 ev.. even a dragon if you ev, poison, curse, discord and melee him with 1 ev only!! and you get more than 10 times that money back!
fourth - healing is mainly used on pvm... people use it on pvp yeah. but its much more reliable to use gh or heal on pvp.

Well I currently have macros set for healing and re-equipping my weapons. I use provoke to divert the aggro away from myself and then use my weapon to nearly kill one then focus on the other insuring that when one dies, the other is left with minimal life. I am used to no skill cap servers but have never seen a warrior not being used in PvP even if he died a lot. I like using dexxing because it is a simple way to enjoy myself in a basic PvP because I was never really all that good with mage pvp, but it seems I will be mostly doing PvM as I dont have the required funds to pay for the things I lose in a 1v5 PvP situation atm.

Loki Wrote:The problem is without a skill cap there is no such thing as a dexxer really, and even if there were with their only option being auto-attack we can't possibly make them as strong as people using magery without sucking the skill out of PvP. I'd love to think of a way around it, I love the variety of PvP templates you get in a skill capped server, but, that's not what we are here and it's difficult to imagine a way to make such an approach work. I'm happy to listen to ideas, though I do not have the power to promise you anything.

I think at least dexxer is possible.
As someone of you guys said , you want to review dex to make it more useful , why not define a dexxer by the stat only?.
For instance , we have a 125 stat cap , so what about giving someone with 125 the possibility of a speacial attack or some defensive bonus against magic?
Well there are many possibilities for a bonus i think , so why not start going into that direction?
And yes i know kinda offtopic Tongue .

I just dont want to see mage PvP as the only option. I can do PvM with a warrior easily, but PvP with a warrior isnt even an option seeing how I have to disarm to heal and they just heal and keep casting. FS FS LIGHTNING. Its sad. I can't disrupt, and I can't hit while healing, wheres my defense?(not to mention the slight delay of first hit after re-equipping weapon, and the possibility to fail healing).

allsuperior Wrote:I just dont want to see mage PvP as the only option. I can do PvM with a warrior easily, but PvP with a warrior isnt even an option seeing how I have to disarm to heal and they just heal and keep casting. FS FS LIGHTNING. Its sad. I can't disrupt, and I can't hit while healing, wheres my defense?(not to mention the slight delay of first hit after re-equipping weapon, and the possibility to fail healing).

There's no skill cap here, you can re-equip it's a mix of warrior/mage pvp here if you have more questions pm me or post i'll try my best to answer them