Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

thoughts on developing an RP community and the need for an Order RP guild

Carding Wrote:IN has always been a mix of RP and non RP players, when RP enforcement and RP-motivated PvP changes came in it killed our playerbase. I think it's great to have people setting an example, e.g. on IN1 guilds like Vampire, Daemon, Goblin, FW etc. never gave up on their RP even if people around them were more dood-like. So don't be discouraged by people who aren't participating, think of them as barbarians or pirates!

Also I'd like to say there is a big difference between people who don't really RP (I kinda include myself here) but still act sensibly and people who act like jackasses and I think most people who don't RP still count in the former group, so don't let it get you down!

I still think your idea (or anyone's idea) of some order guilds that actually stand for order is a good one, unfortunately it will be tough, especially in terms of PvP, but dying and losing fights is all part of the fun, my best memories of UO were of me and Westwood tearing around SH, Minoc and Brit dying as many or more times than we actually killed anyone whilst all of chaos and order were warring with SIN. It was actually a lot less entertaining once we got stronger.

I remember a lot of larger, powerful guilds who were at war on IN1 and rp'ed a great deal. I feel RP grows a lot more with community. IN1 had an incredible community and that's why it was so easy to get into it.

While I love that the GM's here are so active and take a lot of interest in the community, it kind of lessens the mystery a bit since they're less anonymous then their predecessors were. However, I'm not asking to change the way it is, I like being able to talk with the gods.. they just don't hold the same illusion they used to. Please don't flay my skin in game to prove otherwise. Wink

I think the more guilds that grow, and the more people put an effort into making them an active part of the world and its history, the more they interact with or threaten the other players way of life, the more people will get into it as well. I think it's definitely off to a good start.. the way the player base is growing right now feels a lot like IN1 did when it first opened its doors.

Hope to see it continue and hopefully I'll have more time to play in game. I may create my old guild from IN1 called the Tradesmen again.. which was primarily focuses on enlisting players of different trades, expansion and most of all profit. Seems like a lot of people are pretty industrial here though so there's lots of competition.

update

I've created an order guild. I posted the background and structure of the guild here

http://in-uo.net/forums/showthread.php?8319-Vesperian

now just need people to join up! Smile

Boomrak Brewforge Wrote:There is more to this game then just pvp, I don't walk everywhere fully kitted out in armour ready to fight someone who comes running into town. .

And if you're Order, you're definitely should.

Hal Wrote:This prevents being attacked and ganged up by chaos in towns and allows the guild to grow.

I think we should made a few guarded zones where factions can't attack each other without turning criminal. I mean, make the most popular zones the Zones of No Touch. Because the world is pretty huge as I noticed. And watching people fighting and casting billions of spells is really annoying. So as those who macro Hiding!!!

You have to think about it in context, the world is in the grip of a struggle between Lord British and Lord Blackthorne's followers (or something like that?), they aren't going to hold back for the sake of the guards or the "peace".