Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

should houses be 100% safe?

Nasir Wrote:Satisfaction in the reminder that the world isn't filled with ponies and unicorns (unless you're Eru).

I don't see killing somebody as griefing. Res-killing with a macro to res before someone can tab to be invisible is griefing. Surrounding a ghost in boxes so he can't get out without using the stuck menu is griefing. ....But killing someone because they were too careless to macro in the center of their house is no different than killing an afk rail-miner, in my opinion.

It's happened to me probably a hundred times... and I'm certainly not crying about it. It's just part of the game, and you have to take precautions to avoid it. Making somewhere 100% safe just isn't ever the answer.

it's schadenfreude and like i said..in most cases it is griefing. If it's done in an rp context, for example, if someone places a house in your territory then I could see where the afk killing serves a purpose of more than just taking pleasure in the misfortune of others. In this scenario you would be warning them they are on your territory. Then again there are other ways to do this.

your examples of griefing are extreme examples that combine griefing and harassment. Certainly someone from an RP guild should not be going around killing people that are afk in their houses unless there is a good reason to.

I think your definition of griefing is too narrow. For example..before i go to sleep I will set a macro for my character and go inside a guarded town with just a robe on and no items in my pack. Sometimes i will wake up and i am a ghost and i see a notice that so and so has killed me do i wish to report the murder etc. In every case the name of this person is a typical kewl dood name. Is this not griefing? according to your definition it is not.

Be|gar Wrote:people are missing the point here. your house is your sanctuary, sure. that doesn't mean it should be 100% safe. the fact of the matter is that this is a felucca based shard and if you're not afk you can easily avoid being killed in your house.if you ARE in fact, afk outside of g zones, you should be taking a risk. houses are not self contained guard zones....or aren't supposed to be ;\

there are several houses that are not 100% safe. But if you buy a tower you are pretty safe from being EQ'd etc.

I think the bigger problem is that guilds are aloud to have bank boxes at their guild HQ's. Even red guilds. Now, in my opinion, this goes too far.

Be|gar Wrote:people are missing the point here. your house is your sanctuary, sure. that doesn't mean it should be 100% safe. the fact of the matter is that this is a felucca based shard and if you're not afk you can easily avoid being killed in your house.if you ARE in fact, afk outside of g zones, you should be taking a risk. houses are not self contained guard zones....or aren't supposed to be ;\
They're never 100% safe. If you have the time and patience to wait stealthed at someone's house for them to walk in, boom.. like a birthday party at McDonald's for fat kids, all you can eat.