Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

RIP Shade

I never knew the man on a personal level, but i knew he had a good outlook on life. He told me a few funny stories. I recall one about him and he was aggervating his wife (not sure about what) and he said to her, "Hey dont be mad at me, you know I love U.....O......" I won't ever forget that I thought that was hilarious. For the small amount of time I was around to actually talk with him, he was an upstanding guy and will be remembered by this small UO community always, and remembered as well by the people he was closest to. RIP Don/Shade/Tabion

Truly a tragic day for IN, more importantly his family. This is extremely upsetting.
RIP Shade.

I've been in hiding for quite some time, but I figured I had to make an account and say my piece.

I never knew Shade all that well, but from the little time I've "spent" with him, I got a really good impression. He seemed like one of the few guys, who according to me, had the right reason to run a server. He loved the game and the players and did it for those reasons, not for his own. I normally do not give a **** who lives and who dies if I personally do not know them, but this time, it kind of struck a nerve. Well wishes goes out to everyone who's mourning, you'll be missed.

I'm really hoping this is some major misunderstanding, if not, then R.I.P Don.

I only knew Shade through the help he gave me and the events he held for us all on in-x, He really was a great guy who had alot of time for people, truly sad news.

R.I.P Shade

Cant express how shocked I am about this tragic event. I knew Shade/Tabion from back in the day when we played on IN1 and our paths crossed again on IN:R as players and near the end I also had the pleasure to be part of the same staff team of him. I remember his sister (who I also had the pleasure of playing UO with) telling me that he had some health problems but we never think the worst...

My deepest condolences goes to his family, friends.

Rest In Peace Don a.k.a Shade/Tabion

Wow, I was gone out of town for a while and came back to check out the forums. My heart goes out to Shades family and friends. I wasn't lucky enough to know him on a personal level and I wish I could have. RIP Shade you will be missed by a lot of friends.

Still not entirely sure how to take all this in. I've known Tab for almost 11 years... not seeing him online, MSN or anywhere is something i never thought would happen. He was always around somewhere and good for a laugh.

RIP Bud. You will be missed. Sad

I will always miss you from INX. I havent known you for too long ,but you have always been a good friend.

Rest In Peace Shade

This is so sad and I have hard to believe it's true.

He was the one I always told my UO related ideas to and thought them out with. He made things possible and made my UO experience ten times better. Or to put it simple and not too far from the truth; He made my UO-experiance.

He was really a special guy. We had big personality-differences but still we got along very well. We thought in different ways and that's problably one of the things I enjoyed the most with him. He made me think in different point of views and so did I problably make him.

My intentions was to help out with this shard, and so I tried, but not enough to even be called an effort. I never felt I had enough time for UO at the time. Not even when the shard was launched did I feel I had the time. I told him when the summer comes I'll have time to play/staff/help out, but not once have I logged onto the shard. I've always had plans that I'll do it soon and now when I decide to check out the forums to see how it's going, I see this. There has been motivation growing and growing to get back to UO, but it is all lost along with this tradegy. He and his staffing did play a really big role when it comes to what UO has been to me the last years.

Ofcourse, I couldn't possible know, but still I wish I would have been there (here) more and speak to him once I had the chance. I always took for granted that everything will still be there whenever I 'felt I had time'.

Rest in peace friend, you'll be remembered.

I have not known Shade for a very long time, but i do remember him from INX and he was the most active staff member on that shard. Shade has a lot of dedication and that is what i admire about him. I also love Shade for reviving the old IN. This shard is dedicated to you and all your hard work. You will be remembered and missed.

Rest in Peace Shade

I am at a complete loss of what to say. I knew about the macular degeneration, but I had no idea there was more to it. I'm absolutely shocked...

whattt?? RIP :S , he once told me back on inx that he would not live long, i though he was joking!! . sad to hear this.

btw it is nice to see IN up and running again, i never played before but i will surely see if i can give it a try anytime soon. Smile