Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

RIP Shade

To everyone out there I was informed of some terrible news today. Are beloved Shade has passed away. You either knew him as Shade or Tabion(Tab) but either way he was a amazing guy who wanted nothing more to recreate IN for all of us who loved it so much. I am a long time friend of his and I am devastated by the news as im sure alot of you guys will be also.

You were a great friend and I will Miss you my green monster. (sorry im still kinda speechless from the news just wanted to let everyone know)

Shade bro you will always be missed i remember the first time you showed up as a Seer on INX u were the best and trying to recreate IN was a great idea man. This shard is dedicated to you and i promise it will continue to go on.

-RIP Shade You will always be missed not only as a Owner but as a player too

Cubix Squarix

man...
Always making me laugh out loud, ill miss you Shade

I first knew Shade as Tabion on IN:R and we had some good times.

I'll always Miss you Shade

My deepest condolences to every one who knew him. I knew he had health problems but never imagined they where this severe. RIP

I still can't believe it, I never knew him personally or as a player but it was a damn shame to hear this news last night. RIP buddy. We'll keep this shard going in your name.

I just heard about this when I woke up and saw the message from Israfil and have been in a minor shock since then. I'm now thoroughly depressed and I absolutely can't believe that Shade's not playing some kind of joke on us.

I first met Shade when I was playing on my mortal on IN:X. I was paging about adding a special building to the inside of cove that would be a public library / bar, then we got to talking. We talked about all the different exploits we had done in past SPHERE shards, about GMing in general (I had GM'd previous shards), and after about an hour of talking, we wrapped it up and he left.

About a month or so later and after a few other conversations, he and Taran popped up outside my house and asked me to become staff. Ever since then we've been good friends in-game and he's the reason I learned to use the spawners as well as I can use them now.

We'd spend hours upon hours just building different events or playing with what we could do in-game to come up with creative new events and items and scripts. We'd be talking, then suddently some little something one of us would say would give the other an insane idea that would get built on and eventually would get turned into an amazing new item or script or event.

After IN:X went down, he'd been away in the hospital for a while, but when he came back, we were talking and we both realized we missed GMing and building things. We started up IN again, mostly unannounced and working with just me and him logged into a server he was running on his own machine. The reboots and crashes were constant as we added things, tweaked others, worked out bugs, and implemented so many of the new scripts and fun things that you see in-game now.

The man was a veritable virtuoso of UO. I can't believe how many little tricks and things that he knew how to do and I'm really going to miss him.

Apart from the emotional/friendship side of things, I do plan on trying to keep this project going and am talking with Taran and the other staff to see what we need to do. A lot of things are in Shade's name and we'll need to see what we can do about that.

I'm also thinking of some sort of memorial that I can add in-game for him. PM me if you have any ideas. Whatever it is, you know it has to be green. Smile

Never got to know Shade but he seemed like a great guy. My condolences to family and friends.

This is a truly very sad news for us all. I can't really believe it either, thinking he will pop up anytime now saying "Surprise!". Actually that would have been his kind of humor, too bad it's not a joke though Sad

I remember Tabion from way back on IN1. It wasn't until that he started staffing on IN:X that I got to know him though. I remember him PMing me on forums saying he wanted to start staffing. Normally I would have just said no to that kind of request, but somehow I got a feeling that it could be a good idea to let him staff. He said he had done everything he could as a player and wanted more of a challenge. And oh boy, what a challenge he got.
I'm really glad he sent me that PM though, without him we wouldn't have been here today. When things got tough for me on IN:X he stepped up and took charge, he helped me with tons of stuff and he was the most active staff member by far. He has probably helped out more in game than any of the other staff combined, that's how dedicated he was to IN.

We had the same kind of humor (mostly) and we basically chatted everyday about all sorts of stuff. Although most of that was about UO we always laughed and had fun. God damn, I'm really going to miss talking to him. It brings a tear to my eye talking about it.

My deepest condolences goes to his friends and family and everyone that got to know him. I knew that he had health problems but I didn't know they were this severe. He spoke about it at times but it never occured to me that he might not have long to live. Either that or I simply didn't want to accept the fact that he wouldn't be around forever.

Imagine Nation will live on and everything we do from now on will be dedicated to Shade/Tabion.

RIP Don.

I'm so sorry to hear about this. I can't believe that this is for real either.. Cry

Shade has brought me a lot of fun moments during my Ultima days. He (and Eru) is pretty much the main reason that Imagine Nation is actually alive now, so it's very sad to think about that he is not anymore. I wish that it would be possible to resurrect him the way that he resurrected Imagine Nation, but I'm afraid that's not possible, and that saddens me a lot. Sad

I hope that he had a good time near the end, recreating Imagine Nation and making all these old players return, plus becoming a beloved administrator/owner that pretty much everybody liked. He really seemed to like Ultima Online so I hope that ment a lot to him, and made him happy.

Thank you for all the good times Shade..

[SIZE="5"]Rest In Peace..[/SIZE] [Image: rosei.gif]

crazy

It's really tough for me to imagine UO without my good friend. Ive known the guy for roughly 10 years and always have had my funner Uo moments with him. From IN1 ganking to randomly finding IN:X and seeing he had started Daemon. I still cant believe he is gone and I just keep thinking that its just a bad dream. There was something special about the guy his dedication to something he loved and his determination to make IN live once more. The guy busted his ass to do what he could do to entertain all of us.
Its tough to think that I will never talk to my friend again(and we talked alot on msn) I use to love to come home from work and see a random message from him saying "Hey B I T C H" or going on are random tangent of starting a albino midget pron fetish video. Its been tough since I have found out the news and I know that there is alot of us that feel the same.
My heart goes out to Kilala(his sister), Peace(his mom), One(rl Best friend) and the rest of his family. You guys are in my prayers and if you guys ever need to talk you know were to find me.

To Don,

J'i love soh j'i friend and J'i will miss soh dearly.
Rest in Peace my friend