Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Skills

Does arm's lore do anything here? How bout eval int, item id, taste id... Do they give any bonuses or anything?

i think its need for bs

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I think there is another post somewhere about this ill try to find it... but arms lore i dont think give any bonus eval int does tho same as anatomy i believe both help with combat dmg ect... item id, taste id i dont think give bonuses
Arms lore can tell you the durability and ar rating that the armor should have so if you buy it off a vendor and dont know the ar of that particular armor it's a good way to check what a full suit is.
Animal Lore is usefull for checking your animals stats.

Yeah, Item ID, Taste ID, Arms Lore, Begging, Spirit Speak, Camping, Forensic Evaluation are all useless skills I think. They each have their own little things that they do, but there's no need to GM them unless you need.

ItemID: On normal UO, this tells what type of magical item it is that you've found. (e.g: "a magic viking sword" --> "a viking sword of ruin")
TasteID: Says what a potion is made of (which you should already know by its color) or tells if food has been poisoned.
Begging: Get an NPC to give you gold. If you beg for an hour or two, you'll have about as much money as you could get from killing a zombie if you're really lucky.
Spirit Speak: Lets you talk to ghosts.
Camping: Lets you log out instantly in the wilderness, but I think that works automatically anyway now.
Forensic Evaluation: Says who has killed the person whose corpse you see, along with who has opened the corpse.

I have various ideas for making these useful. They're not high priority, but then gain, not much else else is high priority right now either.

Yeah I know what they do, just curious. I've seen arm's lore give bonus dmg to weapons, i've seen taste i'd increase healing/mana done by pots. i've also seen instant bandie res with gm healing, anat, spirit speak, and forensics.

I was thinking of adding a few detective-type quests for Forensic Evaluation. A few little simple riddles for low skill, then moving up to harder ones as you get closer to GM, then at GM, just one big riddle to figure out. I just thought of this though so I need to think more about the logistics of it.

I like that idea, things to help out taxidermy, statue making and plant growing... I think they are cool house deco items that players could sell on vendors.
Quest would be a cool way to liven those things up...