Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: Skills
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does arm's lore do anything here? How bout eval int, item id, taste id... Do they give any bonuses or anything?
i think its need for bs
I think there is another post somewhere about this ill try to find it... but arms lore i dont think give any bonus eval int does tho same as anatomy i believe both help with combat dmg ect... item id, taste id i dont think give bonuses
Arms lore can tell you the durability and ar rating that the armor should have so if you buy it off a vendor and dont know the ar of that particular armor it's a good way to check what a full suit is.
Animal Lore is usefull for checking your animals stats.
Yeah, Item ID, Taste ID, Arms Lore, Begging, Spirit Speak, Camping, Forensic Evaluation are all useless skills I think. They each have their own little things that they do, but there's no need to GM them unless you need.

ItemID: On normal UO, this tells what type of magical item it is that you've found. (e.g: "a magic viking sword" --> "a viking sword of ruin")
TasteID: Says what a potion is made of (which you should already know by its color) or tells if food has been poisoned.
Begging: Get an NPC to give you gold. If you beg for an hour or two, you'll have about as much money as you could get from killing a zombie if you're really lucky.
Spirit Speak: Lets you talk to ghosts.
Camping: Lets you log out instantly in the wilderness, but I think that works automatically anyway now.
Forensic Evaluation: Says who has killed the person whose corpse you see, along with who has opened the corpse.

I have various ideas for making these useful. They're not high priority, but then gain, not much else else is high priority right now either.
Yeah I know what they do, just curious. I've seen arm's lore give bonus dmg to weapons, i've seen taste i'd increase healing/mana done by pots. i've also seen instant bandie res with gm healing, anat, spirit speak, and forensics.
I was thinking of adding a few detective-type quests for Forensic Evaluation. A few little simple riddles for low skill, then moving up to harder ones as you get closer to GM, then at GM, just one big riddle to figure out. I just thought of this though so I need to think more about the logistics of it.
I like that idea, things to help out taxidermy, statue making and plant growing... I think they are cool house deco items that players could sell on vendors.
Quest would be a cool way to liven those things up...