Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

We need more GMs

Rabbi Samild Wrote:1) I make pages and they're often not answer for 12-36 hours. Why not?

I dunno if the appropriate people saw this post I made or not, but what about the following suggestion. Is it at all possible to do?

Eighty Swords Wrote:Taran, is it at all possible to have pages people make ingame automatically duplicated in a section on the forums or webpage so that in the event someone asks something that doesn't have to be answered by a GM (ex: "where can i find a tailor shop", or "i don't know how to get out of this dungeon", or "why isn't my skill increasing", etc) another player can then look at this section and message the person?

I understand that not all pages can be handled by a player, or maybe you don't want your question posted on the forums since it might be private, or bug related, so you'd also have to add a checkbox to enable it to be posted or after you hit the submit button another gump/message box would appear with yes/no buttons to post it.

Just some thoughts to help out those making pages that don't specifically need a GM to help.

Eighty Swords Wrote:I'm with Ryuuku on this one...

Yes, Taran and I think one or two others have access to the logs, but in order for them to see someone doing something wrong in them the people with acess to the logs have to go over them 1 line at a time and I very much doubt Taran reads the logs daily or just for fun.

Lets say the staff starts today, 3 months from now someone accuses him of doing something wrong, that's 3 months of logs someone has to look through to catch something the new staff did wrong, and possibly 3 months worth of corrections to make to what this person did. And what happens if in these 3 months this staff has given the shard a bad image? You can't really correct that as easily as flipping a switch.

In some cases it's really easy to see if someone has cheated. For example if the staffmember's mortal has like 80k fs scrolls in his bank... In that case you don't really need to check the logs, or is there someone naive enough to think you need to?

And no staffmember that decides to cheat does it "a little".

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I know it was just an example you gave, but someone having 80k of scrolls in their mortal's bank isn't exactly a sign of a staff member cheating, especially since they could have been playing here a long time. For example I have 20k scrolls sitting in a chest and in the last 2 weeks or so I've sold about 10k scrolls. Sure, it's not 80k but I'm sure that some others like smoke who have GMed inscription and been making scrolls for much longer then me have more scrolls then me.

And I'm almost positive staff members can play on their mortal and staff at the same time, I know we were allowed to do it when I was staff some time ago so even if someone is on their staff a lot, they can still let their mortal macro.

Sometimes staff have to add items to test for bugs or for new features so if you see in the logs that a staff member added some items, it's not necessarily because they are cheating. These are the kinds of things you have to think of before blatantly accusing someone of cheating, and why I said not anyone can be chosen as staff since there's a very important trust element.

Anyways, us discussing this won't change anything, lets just wait to see what Taran does Smile

After Gming Inscription I had almost 70k scrolls in my chest. I sold a bunch of them to p!nk dr@g0n.

[Image: Kandorin%20Banner.jpg]
Holy Marquess, The Ministry

.::Vendor Taylor at Britain Church::.
.::Need anything crafted? I'm your man.Contact me!::.
.::Dye Tub Color - Daemon Steel - 1171::.
.::Dye Tub Color - Old Copper - 1159::.

Kandorin Wrote:After Gming Inscription I had almost 70k scrolls in my chest. I sold a bunch of them to p!nk dr@g0n.

OMG some GM added scrolls for pink dragon! ban him now! (joking)

you guys have trust issues and because you do the shard will eventually lose it's players because of so. If you look at all the shards you've played on in the past sure there was some currupt gms yet they had some nice action with tours ganks and they had a high player base. My opinion is give them a chance, if they cheat the cheat just dismiss them because it's come to the point that it's actually just so boring

p!nk dr@g0n Wrote:People are lazy and stupid. But it still means we should help them instead of saying "you're an idiot, look it up on the forums", or else they leave.

I have no issues with helping someone or answering the pages with the questions. My issue is complaining about them not getting answered withing 2 minutes of them paging and not even trying to ask a player\looking on the website\or asking on the forums. Yeah their lazy thats their own problem and it shouldnt be taken out on us.

p!nk dr@g0n Wrote:Omg, is this your first shard? Does that really get to you? In that case, with all due respect, you should not be a GM on here. Players have always been this way, it's nothing new nor unique to this shard.

No its not, but its worse here than on any other shard. In the end its easy to just warn people if they try they will be jailed and if they try they get jailed... Wink

p!nk dr@g0n Wrote:You are actually saying 95% of the pages are useless, and that you don't like hosting. That's exactly what we want more of. Please sir give your GM account to someone who would spend more (any) time on it.

No im saying that 95% of the pages are answered in the forums or in the FAQ and just because you dont see me doesnt mean im not around. Theres a think called timezones. Wink

p!nk dr@g0n Wrote:Ps. The two staff members that I've seen the most are Promoe and Raigan, isn't it ironic they are the only Counselors? I say promote them.

It's a Councelors main job to answer pages so im sure you would see plenty of them and again timezones.

Rabbi Samild Wrote:There are 2 issues that I feel are most glaring.

1) I make pages and they're often not answer for 12-36 hours. Why not?

2) The shard keeps crashing. This is a HUGE issue. People don't want to spend 3 hrs hunting to make 30k to buy resources to macro, then set a macro to increase magery only to log on the next morning to find out the server took a died overnight and there was a time warp. We were averaging almost 100!! people on at a time... now... 45?

These need to be fixed asap.

1) Alot of the time ive seen your pages and gone to answer them you're AFK.

2) RunUO is a free semi-open source application with no funding behind it. You cant expect it to perform like a Tier1 corporate application, i wish it could but it never will. Cry

Eighty Swords Wrote:I dunno if the appropriate people saw this post I made or not, but what about the following suggestion. Is it at all possible to do?

I like the idea. Im sure it would be possible but might be a little hard for the Dev's.

smoke Wrote:you guys have trust issues and because you do the shard will eventually lose it's players because of so. If you look at all the shards you've played on in the past sure there was some currupt gms yet they had some nice action with tours ganks and they had a high player base. My opinion is give them a chance, if they cheat the cheat just dismiss them because it's come to the point that it's actually just so boring

I agree there are trust issues but alot of work has gone into the shard, you wouldnt invite some stranger you met on the street to dinner at your house would you...? Wink (if yes, im free wednesday and i like Roast!) but your right its easy enough to ban someone if they do something wrong. Smile

Eighty Swords Wrote:I know it was just an example you gave, but someone having 80k of scrolls in their mortal's bank isn't exactly a sign of a staff member cheating

So you are actually for real saying that a GM's mortal having 80k FS scrolls in their bank is NOT a sign of cheating? Were you in the jury that let OJ go?

Apollo Wrote:It's a Councelors main job to answer pages so im sure you would see plenty of them and again timezones.

I'm not talking answering pages, I haven't paged for a pretty long time now. I'm talking hosting.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Apollo Wrote:I agree there are trust issues but alot of work has gone into the shard, you wouldnt invite some stranger you met on the street to dinner at your house would you...? Wink (if yes, im free wednesday and i like Roast!) but your right its easy enough to ban someone if they do something wrong. Smile

You are more then welcome to come to my house! Accomodations are covered by your gracious host, but air travel is not.

p!nk dr@g0n Wrote:So you are actually for real saying that a GM's mortal having 80k FS scrolls in their bank is NOT a sign of cheating? Were you in the jury that let OJ go?

You realize there are people that have had Inscription GMed for over a year and others for more then 2 years, right? It's not that far fetched of a possibility for someone to have 80k scrolls made in a 2 year period. If the new staff had been here for 3 days and magically had 80k fs scrolls yea, that would be more suspicious then a 2-year old player having them.

Eighty Swords Wrote:You realize there are people that have had Inscription GMed for over a year and others for more then 2 years, right? It's not that far fetched of a possibility for someone to have 80k scrolls made in a 2 year period. If the new staff had been here for 3 days and magically had 80k fs scrolls yea, that would be more suspicious then a 2-year old player having them.

Omg, how naive can one get... Who the hell makes more FS scrolls when he has more than 5k even, when he's not selling any!? Are you really that naive? Seriously? It's not even a discussion. I don't "think" that's cheating, it just is. It's a fact. Like the earth is round. Fact.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

p!nk dr@g0n Wrote:Omg, how naive can one get... Who the hell makes more FS scrolls when he has more than 5k even, when he's not selling any!? Are you really that naive? Seriously? It's not even a discussion. I don't "think" that's cheating, it just is. It's a fact. Like the earth is round. Fact.

Why put more oil on the market than necessary? Don't want to get the prices so low that I cannot buy that kick ass villa on that island at Dubai.

Closed, points have been made Staff are aware and its being looked into.