Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: We need more GMs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Am sorry but all the gms are pretty much useless except 2( not talking bout scriptors but gms that are suppos to answer pages/host)

Like they dont do anything theres 2 gms that host and one isnt even a gm thats about it..

People want events doesnt have to be pvp events but something.. do something and it shoudent be the same 2 ppl hostin all the time..There should be atlest 1 gm on all the time..Like u make a page u get an answer 5 hours later thats stupid. The shard will end up with 20 ppl like the other 3-4 xuos n ins..

You guys need to hire more people or shard will die.. if u notice it went down a little...
I have noticed that since GMs to answer pages haven't been around, the shard has lost 25% of it's population...

I agree with this.

Regards.
It may be the reason why we lose players but it is not as big as some other issues and some of those issues are in this thread. http://www.in-x.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6779 . Don't forget to read my post and also there are some other good player suggestions there as well. All the suggestions are valued here and that is what I like about the staff and this shard. But back to the topic, We are missing a very well liked and deserved person from staff and his name is Shade. He is the work horse and contributes a lot to the shard and I wish there were two of him. We need to clone Shade. I am sure he would not mind that. Promoe and Tiesto do a good job hosting events occasionally and Muto as well from time to time, and he answered some pages today also. Hate does a good job with role playing for the shard and contributes a lot in the forums with helpful information that is highly valued. I also loved Apollo's role play events and I wish there were more of them. I agree, we do need more active staff and not only during the peak hours of the shard because that is when most of them are on and actively working. But it is also wise to have them on at other times beings that UO is an international game and people are active at all times.
voodoo Wrote:Am sorry but all the gms are pretty much useless except 2( not talking bout scriptors but gms that are suppos to answer pages/host)

Like they dont do anything theres 2 gms that host and one isnt even a gm thats about it..

People want events doesnt have to be pvp events but something.. do something and it shoudent be the same 2 ppl hostin all the time..There should be atlest 1 gm on all the time..Like u make a page u get an answer 5 hours later thats stupid. The shard will end up with 20 ppl like the other 3-4 xuos n ins..

You guys need to hire more people or shard will die.. if u notice it went down a little...

Actually, the players kill the shard since you seem to be dependant on staff to have fun.
But I do agree that there haven't been much staff online lately, I'll see what I can do about that.
Taran Wrote:Actually, the players kill the shard since you seem to be dependant on staff to have fun.

The biggest problem isn't old players. It's new players who don't know much about the shard and need help, when they need help and don't receive any in 1-2 days, the'll most likely quit.
And when oldies page, it's usually not a crappy page.

Eighty Swords

Taran, is it at all possible to have pages people make ingame automatically duplicated in a section on the forums or webpage so that in the event someone asks something that doesn't have to be answered by a GM (ex: "where can i find a tailor shop", or "i don't know how to get out of this dungeon", or "why isn't my skill increasing", etc) another player can then look at this section and message the person?

I understand that not all pages can be handled by a player, or maybe you don't want your question posted on the forums since it might be private, or bug related, so you'd also have to add a checkbox to enable it to be posted or after you hit the submit button another gump/message box would appear with yes/no buttons to post it.

Just some thoughts to help out those making pages that don't specifically need a GM to help.
Taran Wrote:Actually, the players kill the shard since you seem to be dependant on staff to have fun.

Actually, your analysis is 100 percent wrong!

Without players there is no shard, thus it is impossible for players to kill a shard.

Players in Ultima Online RunUO especially private servers where there are many bugs RELY ON GMS NOT TO "have fun" but to be able to function.

For example, someone gets stuck on an island dead, how do they get out? Stuck menu? Well I can't access my stuck menu because I am unable to hit help. I can't have "fun" because I cant function properly, that is where a GM needs to come in and fix that.

UO servers rely on a healthy relationship between Staff and players, if at any point the connection between the two breaks, the shard crumbles. Therefore I urge you, Taran, to rethink your stance and endorse a less provincial outlook on what "kills the shard."

PS. I am not trying to harass you, nor badmouth you, I feel that what I have said is only constructive criticism. I feel that I needed to say this because the staff have a likely tendency to interpret my words wrongly.
Thread Wrote:Gms Will Kill Shard...

This thread should have had a different name.

Threads with these names do nothing but disencourages people..

If I for one was staff it would just make me feel like your ungrateful to the work put in and just try bashing everytime you get a chance to.

It doesn't sound like constructive criticism saying gms will kill this shard when they are there to help..

maka

I agree with MadMan and I've therefore changed the topic name.

The new name is not misleading and I hope that I left the essence of what you were trying to say, but fact is, posts like these kill the player base too.
maka Wrote:but fact is, posts like these kill the player base too.

Not if you guys actually listen and do something about it.

maka

p!nk dr@g0n Wrote:Not if you guys actually listen and do something about it.
Actually, posts like these would still drive people away, no matter if we listened or not. Obviously posts like these might not exist if shard was staffed enough, but I'm still quite sure they would, at a lower rate.

When then someone posted something like this, I would pretty much do the same thing I did, even if it doesn't happen every day.

Taran has acknowledged and agreed that there is to little staff at times, and he has said that he will see what he can do about that, shouldn't that be the end of it?
we should have a french speaking gm Big Grin just saying lol
Pages: 1 2 3