Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Economy needs a fix Solution

Shade Wrote:So I have seen a few good ideas here and have some of my own as well. I'm not totally sure which way to go with it yet but I did just come up with a gold sink that would make me happy because it would make a useless skill have some value. Keep in mind this is just a random suggestion.

Item Identification & Arms Lore
These skills could be required to be used in the daily life of a trader. Simply put, making all weapons and armors found on mobs require this skill to know what they are. These skills could actually consume an appraisal fee on use. For the sake of explaining, lets say this fee is 50 gold. Every time you find anything with magical properties it would say something like "An unknown magical item" and using item id would reveal the items attack level or armor level and arms lore would show the accuracy bonus or durability bonus.
Or something like that.

Now I know 50 gold is not much of a sink but having to use the skill twice to properly identify it makes it 100 and vendors could be set to only buy identified items. So if you are looking for vanq weapons only, you would simply only use item id to see if you got what you are looking for, if so you would continue with arms lore. If you were hunting and picking up everything you see for resale, you would have to identify both ways in order to sell it to vendors or players.

If you think this is stupid, you may be right but I hate skills having no use and while thinking up of ways to add gold sinks, this came to mind. So if you think it could work but needs tweaking, make some suggestions, if you hate it, tell me why.

I have a few other things that should create very nice gold sinks in the works but I'm looking for more of a daily gold sink to keep things even.

In any case, this is what happens when skill gain is too easy :p When craft and harvest skills are tough, people tend to only focus on certain skills. Granted the low playerbase and not too much else to do plays a part but people would have mostly stuck to just a few crafts if they had all been difficult.

Chances are, with some of the upcoming additions and new players there won't be much to worry about but planning just in case won't hurt. So keep the ideas coming if you have any and stay on topic. This is potentially an important discussion.

I choose this one, we had item ID on it on xuo and it just makes life hard for nothing because the skill is always easy to train just use it on a weapon, as well you don't know whats a power/vanq bard when your hunting anymore

Mito Wrote:I like the idea about invitational tournament Big Grin

Btw autosupplied tourneys must be removed, Thanks killing economy

well they dont have to all be removed just host more non supply tours than autosupply

(Dont bild the roof before foundation) drunk--->.... ty comes later :evil:

Darkness crush me down like edge of broken dreams.
Sylph winds blows hard and painful, frozen my soul.
Lightning strike down ripping flesh of my bones.
Rain unforgivingly wash away my hope for tomorrow.
Sound of storm echoes die and the end silence.... .

I could "fix" the economy in my own special way if I had the time to play Wink

smoke Wrote:Fix all the stupid vendors who sell things at like 100 mana pots for 4k this is bringing values down like scrolls im always forced to sell for cheaper because everyone is being cheap and wants it like 50-100 gp cheaper each time when the scrolls are already 2400 per 100..

Peoples greed are overcoming the economy of the server

I think that we should set a limit for people items so that they sell it at an appropriate price

ex: this is just an example

mana pots 100 - 10k (in keg or not)
bs scrolls 100 for 5k-7.5k

This is one of the major reasons why the economy is so shit because everything is so easy to get because people are greedy and want money, they see there making a profit and they dont care how much it is.

You guys spend all your time macroing and producing items when you can be getting more money for the time you used to macro.

Seriously this is really annoying it's like people don't or shouldn't even need to gm those skills because everything is being sold dirt cheap.

I'd like to hear peoples opinion on this and would it be possible to set a certain price for objects when you put them in the vendor so that the economy won't continue going into the ground, because i personally like it in the old days where i could sell 100 bs scrolls for 5-7.5k and actually make a reasonable profit for how long it took to gm that skill it was being made use of.

Coming from the guy who lowered his mounts to practically free Smile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Make owning a vender more expensive... at the moment its way to cheap and easy to operate a vendor. Make it actually cost something to have one.

Apollo Wrote:Make owning a vender more expensive... at the moment its way to cheap and easy to operate a vendor. Make it actually cost something to have one.

I agree... As it is now, it's very hard to not make profit out of a vendor.

[Image: sigpicc123.png]

Thank you Captain Morgan for clearing that...

Smoke, dont talk about other players like that when YOU were the one that lowered prices on most the things you GMed!!
Dont tell me you were forced to do it.

[Image: 2cn76h2.gif] [Image: avatar20124_12.gif] If you liked my posted, dont forget to thank me Wink!

Best Regards,
Hiroshima.

the blade spirit scrolls are for the new players but people tend to get greedy and lowerer there prices below mine for like 50 gp or 100 gp which is ridiculous don't tell me im lowering my price because its meant to be low

As long as you can make a decent profit. There will always be people undercutting b/c there are so many vendors selling the same product. You have to make yours appeal to players so people will keep coming back for more and hopefully without having to reduce your prices too much where you aren't making jack diddly squat. To the people who don't care too much about making a little profit thanks for helping out, but some of us need money especially new people like myself who find it hard to hunt whether it is without skills, resources, and knowledge of how to make that green $$. I have a vendor and that is not where I make the majority of my money b/c I am still figuring things out and in the long run when I have experienced how things work then I should start making good money with vendors.I am having a hard time balancing it all out with using money for macroing skills and what not. When I do undercut it is very minutley and that is just to get me started on the path of success, hopefully like Rabbi Samild. :badgrin:

Gibran Wrote:When I do undercut it is very minutley and that is just to get me started on the path of success, hopefully like Rabbi Samild. :badgrin:

Amen, my man! More power to you!

I haven't read the full post but I would say that the economy is "****ed" cause we have a small shard population and we have had that for a long time.

During this time people have gotten skills, money and items. Now that everyone is selling the same thing, and as there are not enough buyers (a lot of people make their own stuff), prices go down.

If the relaunch is a success then the economy will be "fixed" I think. A lot more newbies without skills will be logging on and the demand will suddenly greatly outweigh the supply. Peoples stock will start to diminish and when vendors start going empty smart people will raise their prices again.

Sorry if it has been said and for reviving an old post, just felt it needed to be said:p

EDIT: And this would fix a lot too, and introduce a new gold sink:
Apollo Wrote:Make owning a vender more expensive... at the moment its way to cheap and easy to operate a vendor. Make it actually cost something to have one.