Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: Economy needs a fix Solution
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

smoke

Fix all the stupid vendors who sell things at like 100 mana pots for 4k this is bringing values down like scrolls im always forced to sell for cheaper because everyone is being cheap and wants it like 50-100 gp cheaper each time when the scrolls are already 2400 per 100..

Peoples greed are overcoming the economy of the server

I think that we should set a limit for people items so that they sell it at an appropriate price

ex: this is just an example

mana pots 100 - 10k (in keg or not)
bs scrolls 100 for 5k-7.5k

This is one of the major reasons why the economy is so shit because everything is so easy to get because people are greedy and want money, they see there making a profit and they dont care how much it is.

You guys spend all your time macroing and producing items when you can be getting more money for the time you used to macro.

Seriously this is really annoying it's like people don't or shouldn't even need to gm those skills because everything is being sold dirt cheap.

I'd like to hear peoples opinion on this and would it be possible to set a certain price for objects when you put them in the vendor so that the economy won't continue going into the ground, because i personally like it in the old days where i could sell 100 bs scrolls for 5-7.5k and actually make a reasonable profit for how long it took to gm that skill it was being made use of.
I think the state should intervene in the economy. Everyone know what happen when they dont do it, Economy Brokens!

What those guys are doing is called : Predatory Pricing
lol jamie... this is exactly what Epistemology posted on his thread and you flammed him off.... this is one of the things he was talking about, and now you want to set limits on vendors?

People are allowed to sell what they want at what ever price, it's always like that and no gm will limit their sale prices... they made the scrolls/pots their allowed to sell them at the price they want.

This is why were saying this economy is flooded, and why i was saying we need to remove like 30% or what ever from everyone to balance things out.

see the problems ISN'T the vendors dude. it's bigger than that... the vendors are 1 of the problems were facing... the bigger problem is the amount of resources/armors/gold that players, who have been playing during the slow time, have...

youll see that once the server is up and running, the prices of certain things like these scrolls and pots will change... theyll increase slowly with the higher playerbase... at the moment their probably really cheap because there's not many people hense not a big market to sell to... once the market gets bigger, it should balance itself.

There is a slight advantage having prices slow tho, not a big one but hey theres always a positive point. people, new guys, can practice their pvp and what not, for a low price... which will hopefully bring more competition, right??

But still, This is a very big problem... and mock my words, it's the 22 of January 2010, 12:31 PM Est time. If we dont take care of this BEFORE the server is live, up and running, and we wait till we get our expected player base and have to face this issue, the servers in hugeeee shit...

There was a reason why Maka wiped the server when he started his, and thats to avoid this flooding in the economy. unfortunately he wasnt successfull enough, with the amount of help/team? he had... but this time around we have a much better (Completed) version of a server, and we have a chance to succeed... We have the people, just from our old school players from both servers, and we will get many more newcommers. Let's hope it doesnt go in the direction I think it will...
smoke Wrote:Fix all the stupid vendors who sell things at like 100 mana pots for 4k this is bringing values down like scrolls im always forced to sell for cheaper because everyone is being cheap and wants it like 50-100 gp cheaper each time when the scrolls are already 2400 per 100..

Peoples greed are overcoming the economy of the server

I think that we should set a limit for people items so that they sell it at an appropriate price

ex: this is just an example

mana pots 100 - 10k (in keg or not)
bs scrolls 100 for 5k-7.5k

This is one of the major reasons why the economy is so shit because everything is so easy to get because people are greedy and want money, they see there making a profit and they dont care how much it is.

You guys spend all your time macroing and producing items when you can be getting more money for the time you used to macro.

Seriously this is really annoying it's like people don't or shouldn't even need to gm those skills because everything is being sold dirt cheap.

I'd like to hear peoples opinion on this and would it be possible to set a certain price for objects when you put them in the vendor so that the economy won't continue going into the ground, because i personally like it in the old days where i could sell 100 bs scrolls for 5-7.5k and actually make a reasonable profit for how long it took to gm that skill it was being made use of.

I think it is awesome you are trying to find a solution for the economy, but I don't think making people charge 10k for kegs is going to do the trick.

We definately, as players, need to come up with fresh ideas on how to fix the economy. There is one way to ensure the economy will be awesome. Hear me out.

Could you imagine if they wiped everything? Like 0 items and all we had was our skills. People would be scrambling around like crazy trying to gather items, stockpile, the first person to sell a keg of mana pots could charge like 30-40k and probably get it! Basically we would have the GM's wipe everything and only offer 2 options to people when they started. A bag of PvP gear or PvM gear aswell as a bag full of crafting tools. Basically every player would start with either a transferred, existing, or skill stoned character with a bag of tools and fighting gear for PvM or PvP. You would have options on how to make your way. PvP gear for tournies to make money and items that way (aswell as fame) or you could PvM monsters. This would open up tons of things for the GM's. Like depending on which path you chose you could special items for tourneys or quests. It would be awesome, it would really open up the possibilities for the scripters who could write new items into story lines for quests and/or pvp tournies. Players would be able to be rewarded for whichever path they chose. Not to mention how much more of an appeal this shard would be to newcomers if they knew they would have a chance in a fresh world. Any comments on this besides "**** you"?

smoke

Silverwolf Wrote:lol jamie... this is exactly what Epistemology posted on his thread and you flammed him off.... this is one of the things he was talking about, and now you want to set limits on vendors?

People are allowed to sell what they want at what ever price, it's always like that and no gm will limit their sale prices... they made the scrolls/pots their allowed to sell them at the price they want.

This is why were saying this economy is flooded, and why i was saying we need to remove like 30% or what ever from everyone to balance things out.

see the problems ISN'T the vendors dude. it's bigger than that... the vendors are 1 of the problems were facing... the bigger problem is the amount of resources/armors/gold that players, who have been playing during the slow time, have...

youll see that once the server is up and running, the prices of certain things like these scrolls and pots will change... theyll increase slowly with the higher playerbase... at the moment their probably really cheap because there's not many people hense not a big market to sell to... once the market gets bigger, it should balance itself.

There is a slight advantage having prices slow tho, not a big one but hey theres always a positive point. people, new guys, can practice their pvp and what not, for a low price... which will hopefully bring more competition, right??

no it's not at all the same thing, i'm talking about setting a limit to vendor because people are handing items and supplys out like candy, he wants 90% of peoples gold deleted no thanks i've worked countless hours for my gold and items. A wipe is not the same as a fix

the only money problem we have is rabbi
everyone else is below a mil im one of the few who has 5 mil and im starting to spend it to get ready for the grand openning, there may be a few other rich people like sandras guild and lederoils guild. we should focus more on the economy now then how much money or items players have

smoke

Epistemology Wrote:I think it is awesome you are trying to find a solution for the economy, but I don't think making people charge 10k for kegs is going to do the trick.

We definately, as players, need to come up with fresh ideas on how to fix the economy. There is one way to ensure the economy will be awesome. Hear me out.

Could you imagine if they wiped everything? Like 0 items and all we had was our skills. People would be scrambling around like crazy trying to gather items, stockpile, the first person to sell a keg of mana pots could charge like 30-40k and probably get it! Basically we would have the GM's wipe everything and only offer 2 options to people when they started. A bag of PvP gear or PvM gear aswell as a bag full of crafting tools. Basically every player would start with either a transferred, existing, or skill stoned character with a bag of tools and fighting gear for PvM or PvP. You would have options on how to make your way. PvP gear for tournies to make money and items that way (aswell as fame) or you could PvM monsters. This would open up tons of things for the GM's. Like depending on which path you chose you could special items for tourneys or quests. It would be awesome, it would really open up the possibilities for the scripters who could write new items into story lines for quests and/or pvp tournies. Players would be able to be rewarded for whichever path they chose. Not to mention how much more of an appeal this shard would be to newcomers if they knew they would have a chance in a fresh world. Any comments on this besides "**** you"?

i'm not starting over, i've done it like 3 times now and i didn't sign up for that, we were told that nothing would be deleted if we played and now i'm suppose to feel sorry for you guys that have been waiting for the playerbase to grow? well to bad while we were here supporting IN-X when it had a little population we wasted countless hours trying to get it to grow, you are not going to get this wipe so get it out of your head. Notice how the people with lack of money and items and who have just recently shown up want a server wipe? Doesn't that suck.
smoke Wrote:no it's not at all the same thing, i'm talking about setting a limit to vendor because people are handing items and supplys out like candy, he wants 90% of peoples gold deleted no thanks i've worked countless hours for my gold and items. A wipe is not the same as a fix

the only money problem we have is rabbi
everyone else is below a mil im one of the few who has 5 mil and im starting to spend it to get ready for the grand openning, there may be a few other rich people like sandras guild and lederoils guild. we should focus more on the economy now then how much money or items players have

"We should focus more on the economy now then how much money or items players have?"

If you are to dense to see how those could be directly related, I should start arguing with my keyboard.
Funny to see this coming from someone that is always cutting prices. (I'm not flaming, you can cut prices all you want).

But what have happened is that we have taken the economy to the floor and this is how it will be always, people always cut prices!
Even tought we agree a reasonable price someone will come and cut. Just don't cut prices and prices will go up!

If we all(scrolls crafters) set bs prices for 5k for 1000 someone will cut us at 4500 or 4k but we can't cut him because he will do it again and prices will drop so badly.
I always keep my prices and I guarantee that ill always restock my vendor(you will always have them there to buy) and I also guarantee safety because its not at the one stop shop.
This is how I sell, be creative and try to do some merchantise techniques.
We cannot limit the price, is the player that has to be intelligent and not **** off the economy
These are my 2 cents.
Ryuuku Wrote:I think the state should intervene in the economy. Everyone know what happen when they dont do it, Economy Brokens!

What those guys are doing is called : Predatory Pricing

Ryuuku, you were one of the people who said no dont remove anything, and now your saying the state should intervene??

seriously now, wtf... you people contradict yourselves from one post to another LMAO. this is a joke.

smoke

Hiroshima Wrote:Funny to see this coming from someone that is always cutting prices. (I'm not flaming, you can cut prices all you want).

But what have happened is that we have taken the economy to the floor and this is how it will be always, people always cut prices!
Even tought we agree a reasonable price someone will come and cut. Just don't cut prices and prices will go up!

If we all(scrolls crafters) set bs prices for 5k for 1000 someone will cut us at 4500 or 4k but we can't cut him because he will do it again and prices will drop so badly.
I always keep my prices and I guarantee that ill always restock my vendor(you will always have them there to buy) and I also guarantee safety because its not at the one stop shop.
This is how I sell, be creative and try to do some merchantise techniques.
We cannot limit the price, is the player that has to be intelligent and not **** off the economy
These are my 2 cents.

exactly they can't just match prices they have to cut it a few gp so theres sell and then other people cut and more and more until its so cheap like this..

smoke

Silverwolf Wrote:Ryuuku, you were one of the people who said no dont remove anything, and now your saying the state should intervene??

seriously now, wtf... you people contradict yourselves from one post to another LMAO. this is a joke.

I'm not i'm sticking with my side, I want to keep my stuff just because people play to much and hunt to much or because they don't use there brain and sell items for less than they paid to make them
Jamie you know as much as I know that I dont care 2 cents about items... You know that money for me isnt a problem and I can get it at anytime. you know that I can live off of 1 set of armor and not care, cause I'm a pvper and I dont need much more than my scrolls/pots/and reags... and i have my gmed alchemy and inscript...

so im definately not complaining because you guys had the time to get more gold or what not by playing when it was slow...

all major servers, or i would say, 80% of them... died because of economys being f'ed...

IF theres no VALUE to the most VALUABLE things your selling. than theres NO REASON to be playing... nothing will attract you to continue playing because EVERYTHING is at the tip of your fingers... that's the problem...

If we was just to remove certain things or REDUCE the amount of them a little, it would help big time...

Jamie, at the end of the day... IF people removed scrolls/pots/ AND EVEN armors... you have GM blacksmith, alchemy, inscript... ETC...

it's not like starting from scratch because you have all your skills already, getting the potions or scrolls isn't hard at all.. PLUS you get a starting package of 250k!! man thats enough to start your own scrolls/pots business again...

this isn't a drastic change if items get removed, it will make things more valuable and WORTH playing for... again... thats my opinion and its based on FACTS..
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8