Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Question/statement

Seems like most of the time when I host, I have a hard time finding someone to be captain. Nobody likes it when I random the teams though, so you see can see how it can be bothersome trying to get teams made.

I personally won't force anyone to be captain. I may pick someone at random if nobody volunteers, but if they refuse I move them out again. Eventually someone will step up and take captain, or someone I pick will agree to do it.

On a side note, it's oddly nice to see a little anger and butt-hurt getting thrown around. It makes the place feel more like UO. :3

I'm sure being captain in every single event can be a pain. Still, now that population is getting higher and more people join events there is only few players in PvP events that can be considered "good". Often if those people end up on the same side that team is stacked and event is unbalanced. This has a lot bigger chance of happening with unexperienced captains.

Balanced teams make events more enjoyable for those that aren't that good at it. Those people might tell their friends about the awesome events they have had on this server and that makes more people come. In the opposite case they might just see teams are stacked and there is no point joining events. They'll end up just not showing up for future events or just leaving the server all together.

When more people get better they'll be selected as captains too. As it is now, there's only few individuals which can make teams stacked or not. In the end question is: Are you ready to take one for the server and help it grow?

Kamos Wrote:I'm sure being captain in every single event can be a pain. Still, now that population is getting higher and more people join events there is only few players in PvP events that can be considered "good". Often if those people end up on the same side that team is stacked and event is unbalanced. This has a lot bigger chance of happening with unexperienced captains.

Balanced teams make events more enjoyable for those that aren't that good at it. Those people might tell their friends about the awesome events they have had on this server and that makes more people come. In the opposite case they might just see teams are stacked and there is no point joining events. They'll end up just not showing up for future events or just leaving the server all together.

When more people get better they'll be selected as captains too. As it is now, there's only few individuals which can make teams stacked or not. In the end question is: Are you ready to take one for the server and help it grow?

only if you make me a certain macro Smile

[Image: Whambulance.jpg]

He camps my spawn! JERK! AND he killed my horse! Fkin water eles! I'm going back to moonglow, with the mongbats I can handle! This goat is beating me! You got my character killed by a dire wolf!? As if a dog isn't more than a match for me! Where's Trisnic? Which way lies Bryssian? Boo Hoo! Looool! /whines. :badgrin:

[COLOR="White"][SIZE="1"]"I LOVE famous people. They're so much better than the real thing." Big Grin
"Now my grand-daddy, he rode with the likes of TOM HORN, killing scum like you for a living. We've always been devil slayers."[/SIZE]
[/COLOR]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Smoke what about if u choose all the time the worst pvpers so your team allways loose? Smile

You are right to not have to be captain if you don't want to be.

With that said:
I'm tired of hearing people say "omfg ask Maka." There is, in fact, a chain of command and Coldrake/Maka happen to be at the very very very very bottom of that barrel because of their inactive state. Even if you do "contact Maka," he's just going to end up having Taran handle it anyways... you're better off saving some face and going straight to Taran if you have that severe of a problem with something. If you guys are really spamming Maka with complaints, that's just rude.

Yankovic - "... Oh Nasir, sorry, you are teh greatest. I'm a fool, you were right all the time. please forgive me. ..." (possibly out of context)

Nasir Wrote:You are right to not have to be captain if you don't want to be.

With that said:
I'm tired of hearing people say "omfg ask Maka." There is, in fact, a chain of command and Coldrake/Maka happen to be at the very very very very bottom of that barrel because of their inactive state. Even if you do "contact Maka," he's just going to end up having Taran handle it anyways... you're better off saving some face and going straight to Taran if you have that severe of a problem with something. If you guys are really spamming Maka with complaints, that's just rude.

I'd never do that complain to him i've done it in the past but not now i was even more rude and annyoing i remember telling maka off at one point and he was nice enough to let me off and not even jail me lol

but thank you for stepping in and clarifying that the staff do not control us

smoke Wrote:but thank you for stepping in and clarifying that the staff do not control us

I didn't say that. This isn't a democracy ;]

Yankovic - "... Oh Nasir, sorry, you are teh greatest. I'm a fool, you were right all the time. please forgive me. ..." (possibly out of context)

Nasir Wrote:I didn't say that. This isn't a democracy ;]

:o:o:o:o

Nasir Wrote:I didn't say that. This isn't a democracy ;]

[Image: hitler460.jpg]

Im having so much fun with google images! =)