Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Please......... Remove the Pits!

XUO was PvP shard for most of part, everyone was dueling eachother, ganking... It was so easy to find opponent. Here it's a waaay differently. I also miss original nov-us(well I was like 12y.o. those days, didn't really know how to play and barely remember anything from there now)
I miss alot of things from first XUO or Alphanine, I miss the feeling, I miss tournaments with 60 participants, I miss non-stop ganking in ocllo/serps/buccs, I miss the people. We never had Order vs Chaos wars(at least it's something I never seen), people usually teamed up with friends. Although it wasn't a big deal for someone who didn't care about RP. But I realize that no shard will be like the first/favorite one. For me it was no-vus and alphanine, after playing on those shards I liked UO, even though those servers were way "too simple" and very buggy. And of course just like everyone else I want to everything remain as it was on my favorite servers. I love 0.48e or 0.51, because my favorite servers were on those platforms, and I miss it's simplicity. But it's very buggy and it lack possibilities. It didn't work well then and definitely wouldn't work now, when every player is potential bug abuser.
I agree with Shade, this server has great potential and IMO it's a waaay ahead all old ones...

About week without pits... Well I also remember that week, and honestly it wasn't any good. Before pits were removed me, Pedro, Shifty, Monkey, Mito, Delfos, Tech used to gank in ocllo almost everyday.
When pits were gone we couldn't meet eachother anymore.
Although I have to agree that first day and maybe even day after that were good. Bridge became VERY active spot. Almost everyone who never ganked was coming to there. But IMO it was mainly because those people used as arguement that pits removal will promote bridge wars. However two days passed and people who didn't really like to gank stopped doing so. The only ones who still was coming to bridge were people who used to gank before pits were removed, the only difference was that we couldn't meet eachother as easy as we could do that in pits, thus we were ganking less frequently. Also many people don't like bridge as fighting spot because blues has huge advantage there, and even if you don't die you may just waste all of your resources without chance of looting anyone.
About people being stubborn and saying "be back in a week", well I also remember another group of people being stubborn when Taran enabled detailed region info on status page, many people just said that they won't log in until this feature won't be removed, without even giving it a try.

edit:
IMO Pits could be removed , if we had at least 100(!) ppl online. With less people online it would just kill the activity in such towns as ocllo, it would never be PvP spot anymore. I know you may say that we don't have to gank there, but it's favorite spot for 90% of XUOers, and obviously noone will stay for a hour in empty city just to see will anyone come or not. Maybe pits ruin part of RP feel for someone, but removing them now would just ruin the reason they playing for others.

Quote:I miss alot of things from first XUO or Alphanine, I miss the feeling, I miss tournaments with 60 participants, I miss non-stop ganking in ocllo/serps/buccs, I miss the people.

I know what u mean dude, those days u could just log on and join in a gank, mind u I died a lot back then but it was still fun lol.

Quote:IMO Pits could be removed , if we had at least 100(!) ppl online. With less people online it would just kill the activity in such towns as ocllo, it would never be PvP spot anymore. I know you may say that we don't have to gank there, but it's favorite spot for 90% of XUOers, and obviously noone will stay for a hour in empty city just to see will anyone come or not. Maybe pits ruin part of RP feel for someone, but removing them now would just ruin the reason they playing for others.

I feel the same way, however with the point we're at now, removing pits will do harm and unless there's 100+ active ppl removing them will just hurt.

Quote:About people being stubborn and saying "be back in a week", well I also remember another group of people being stubborn when Taran enabled detailed region info on status page, many people just said that they won't log in until this feature won't be removed, without even giving it a try.

Yeah i remember that too, a lot of pvpers logged on and all the resources gatherers played 0 to 1 day of it.

Well to me the pit's don't matter much I don't mind recalling. Only comment I have to say here is Im glad to see that the shard is on here having a ACTUAL debate without going crazy and being rude. Maybe I missed another post but I try to read most of them and this is the first time there has been no yelling and blaming.
Just wanted to say congrats to everyone for keeping your head and having a mature conversation. Big GrinBig Grin
Don't ruin it..

[Image: pon2.gif]

First off, Thank you gang bang, youre input is appreciated, it helped me see both side's, how about this. We should all brainstorm things to add and take away from the pits like perhaps have its location in the world somewhere, for instance make the old crows nest, make the region a safe zone and then deceit or despise whatever dungeon that is right there a newbie dungeon for new players, and then with the old crows decoed[ which i remember well i could help with deco] we could have the fire pit in the middle with the hammock and chairs around the fire and then the lodghe itself where food could be bought from the inkeeper , you know what im saying just try something knew that adds an rp feel, u know what im saying something that will still serve the pits purpose but also, have an rp feel everyone can still meet there and youll be more connected to the world by actually being somewhere on the map, and then it wouldnt be called just pits i mean you could still refer to that but it would have the title Crow's Nest Inn. just an idea lets all brainstorm something, because in order to recieve we all need to put in.

Well I do like the idea of having the pits in an actual location. Not sure if it should be remade as the Crow's Nest though as that might be a bit troublesome. It would probably be better to have it set up as some fort somewhere, walled in to explain/outline the safe zone and also to keep access in/out at a certain point.

This is a much better suggestion though, something I'd be very willing to change. Eru and I are going to talk over some possibilities and see if we can come up with something.

Sweet I think that would be cool.

I think I speak from behalf of all xuo players when I say that the name of "pits" doesnt matter. Call it the crows nest or Ashe Stadium, as long as the idea of it is there, incorporating an rp feeling would be a great idea.

yeyeye!

[SIZE="3"]I DONT LIKE PEOPLE PLAYING ON MY PHONE! I KEEPS IT REAL![/SIZE]

I agree I like the idea of moving it to a actual in game place with one or two ways to get in and out. Big GrinBig Grin

[Image: pon2.gif]

There have been countless arguments about this ;/

Yankovic - "... Oh Nasir, sorry, you are teh greatest. I'm a fool, you were right all the time. please forgive me. ..." (possibly out of context)

I think wires are getting crossed?

I don't mind silver's idea of just renaming it to something else for an rp feel as long as pits is there....

if its actually being moved into an in-game place where u can attack/cast, that I wouldn't like at all. It's just not pits aka it's like removing them which was already tried....Why don't we re-try coordinates on the status page again? Just bringing up a valid point in my eyes.

Nobody said we'd be allowing combat or anything, don't know where you got that from. This is the rough plan, taking the pits and moving it to a place you can walk to if you so choose. It will still be safe inside but instead of only having the option of tele'ing out, you could also walk out. This will give people a chance to view fights and join in or watch from a safe place and you would still have the regular option of chasing people through a tele like some crazed desperate stalker.

The pits will likely be redesigned and probably be made static, to reduce lag for those who wish to fight outside of it. It will be more like a mini town in design, obviously no bank and a lack of vendors though some might be added. The inside will still have the same rules as the current pits but players will be able to walk there, walk out and have the telepads as well.

can u still tele into the static tho? i know u said u can walk out/walk in, im just not clear on wether u can still be tele'd into the static aka pits from the pits rune?

if not then it ruins ganking cuz tons of ppl run/hide out of LOS n stuff when outnumbered