Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: Please......... Remove the Pits!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I hate even looking at them so leet, and safe kill's the IN image. I think alot of things need to be changed, IN was a roleplaying shard for the most part, and now everything seem's uber leet, and I hate tp say it but almost over scripted thing's should remain simple like the old day's. bring back guild banking, and house banking, and move the main town to trinsic again, Also we have tried the uber leet spammin XUO pvp, guess what instead of a playerbase of 50 or better you got 3 people on from IN that hunt and 10 people from XUO that pvp. Balanced? Anyhow im venting im tired of everyone just talking about it and nothing being done. ALSO [sorry almost forgot] I wanna see a daemon mask that cuts flesh, and see gobo's farting around, and I miss the battle's the order and chaos use to have in serp's, at some point do we ask ourselves if this merge will work? alot of us wanna play IN style uo, nothing against xuo that;s what they want, and to each their own. I think we got the short end of the stick and thats why our player's arent playing. And as for the guild's with inactive leader's, or player's in general [you thought i was done?] It's kinda Lame for 3 years i had a character in gobo and would like to have had one in there again for this shard. Well thats impossible for the 3 month's I have been playing now I have not seen a single one on. Just another example of the problem's we face with none of the IN player's wanting to play.
Well about the pits, when the merge first happened I hated the idea of it. I never like players being absolutely safe unless it has something to do with an event or something. However the pits do have somewhat of a function, which would work better with more players. Though I think that same function scares smaller groups of players from going chaos/order at the same time.
Honestly, if you don't like the pits, you never have to go there. It only effects your gameplay if you allow it to do so.

As for having a main town, well thats not exactly anything that can be changed. Even if we unguarded Britain, who is to say players would flock to Trinsic. If we did the same event that was on IN we might be able to get players to go there momentarily but that doesn't mean they will want that as the main town. Ultimately players have the choice of making the choice of what they want the main town to be.

About RP races, you don't need a guildstone to roleplay a race and if you did want a guild/race you could simply make a guild that involved a specific goblin tribe or something, it doesn't have to be named [Goblin] for it to work.
Also, players running around like the old days, like goblins acting rude, really depends on a players willingness to RP to that extent. With certain races having claws or masks that do certain things, well it isn't like that isn't possible or an option as a reward but honestly there has been little interest in such a thing. Not to mention very few people who actually would deserve such a reward.

Being close minded about the merge that happened years ago is not going to help the shard at all. While, coming from IN, I do miss certain features, we all have to remember that both sides made sacrifices.

In order to make the shard better we need to move past whats been done and think about where things can still go. This shard has a lot of potential and I think everyone here knows that deep down, which is why we are all still here but everyone needs to participate in order to make that happen.

That's my take on it anyways :p
As far as players picking the main town, that's not going to happen as long as only Minoc or Britain teleporters are in the pits. That has a big influence on which town is the "main" town, especially among new players.

About the pits, I'm considering remaking it with a more RPish feel to it, then having a room that can send you to any major town. That might fix the main-town issue, and even though it won't get rid of the idea of the pits, it will hopefully make it more palatable for the RPers. I'll write up an idea and post it for review later.
Let me know when you finish that room where players can pick a gate to go anywhere, so I can delete it. Adding a "gate room" is a terrible idea. It would really just lower player interaction.

Trinsic wasn't a main town on IN because we had teleporters to it, it was that way because the players decided that it would be that way. Granted players were led there during the Britain event but after that ended they could have went anywhere. Really the community was strong enough where a few players could have said "lets go to skara brae" and that would have been the main town instead. Just like how serps wasnt the easiest red town to get to but it was INs main red town because the players chose it to be so for the most part.

Making the pits have a more RP feel won't change anything either. Even with a certain feel, it won't do much when people will easily ruin that feel with a few simple strokes of their keyboard. Plus the whole safe zone thing doesn't really work into a RP reality very well. RPing isn't easy or fun when your actions are limited.

smoke

we've tryed removing pits and it did more harm then good

pits won't be removed
Shade Wrote:Plus the whole safe zone thing doesn't really work into a RP reality very well.
Oh ye of little imagination.
Imagination has nothing to do with it, if I want to RP a drunken idiot who thinks people are evil pink bunnies then I should be able to bash them with my +4 bunny smasher!

Of course someone can easily work around it and alter their rp but why should they have to..

smoke Wrote:we've tryed removing pits and it did more harm then good

Actually it did nothing except make stubborn kids not log in for a week without even attempting to give it a shot. I remember some players simply saying "be back in a week" right after it was removed. So really it didn't do anything except get rid of stubborn players who can't adopt changes... for a week at least. Actually that sounds like more good than harm now that I think about it.
Shade Wrote:Imagination has nothing to do with it, if I want to RP a drunken idiot who thinks people are evil pink bunnies then I should be able to bash them with my +4 bunny smasher!

Of course someone can easily work around it and alter their rp but why should they have to..

It's not roleplaying if it's true!
Good point, next time I won't use Taran's daily life as an example, sorry about that :p
wut smoke said basically sums up my post. it was tried, failed, why should it be tested again?

anyways pits in my opinion (b4 this turns into an argument) should not be removed.
I'm not picking a side either way, because I just don't care about the pits or for the pits. Though for the record, it wasn't really tested considering people refused to test it. If people were more mature about it we could have had some definitive answer about what is better for the shard but refusing to participate doesn't help anything.
What Shade said. It should absolutely be tested again, this time when the playerbase is more decent and preferably for a longer time.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8