Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Weapon Durability

Since we had a discussion going about it on a thread on Genreal, I felt I should ressurect that thread so people can put his opnion here.

All opinions already posted was positive about being able to see the durability points with arms lore.

I prefer Alzheimer than Parkinson. Better forget to pay the beer than pour it all.

The Love Tent, all you need in PvP Suplys for a good Price! And some other things Big Grin!
[Image: Love_Tent_Map.jpg]

In Front Minoc MINES! In the TENT!

Accepting Carpentry orders!

well now that ppl started using their weps (duels daily in the duel stone) and that there are more players it would be nice to see how many repairs are left or the hit points left, this would help ppl to know exactly what they are buying/selling

i say not to add this feature, since people use mostly bards let them sell them if their about to fall apart it's apart of UO

theres a chance that the bard can break anyways because it's hard to repair it when the durablility is that low

I dont remember the way was on sphere, but I do know that on others shards I played that feature was there as part of UO also.

I prefer Alzheimer than Parkinson. Better forget to pay the beer than pour it all.

The Love Tent, all you need in PvP Suplys for a good Price! And some other things Big Grin!

Ryuuku Wrote:I dont remember the way was on sphere, but I do know that on others shards I played that feature was there as part of UO also.

Sphere arms lore worked like it does now. Being able to see the durability, ect, on a weapon started with runuo.

Bane Wrote:Sphere arms lore worked like it does now. Being able to see the durability, ect, on a weapon started with runuo.

RunUO had his good stuff.

After all I really dont care if it gonna be changed or not, I dont buy any weapon or armors from players anyway.

Just think it should be better.

Ryuuku Wrote:RunUO had his good stuff.

After all I really dont care if it gonna be changed or not, I dont buy any weapon or armors from players anyway.

Just think it should be better.

I feel the same way, could care less if it's changed or not. It would be more convenient to be able to see the durability, but so far the only weapons I've had break were ones that were used training my combats, and I hunt all the time, so it's not like it's anything game-changing.

I don't think anyone here is actually talking about durability. Weapons have hitpoints and max hitpoints. There is a difference between weapons having 2/2 hitpoints or 50/50 hitpoints even if both show they are "in full repair" using arms lore. People can get shafted into buying a weapon that has only 2 max hitpoints left. At the moment, there is no way of knowing if a weapon is brand new or if someone has dueled 100 times using it.

Obviously, worn and several times repaired weapon is not worth the same. Adding some way to see this using arms lore would be great.

Hitpoints = Durability

If someone know a bit about UO he would know 5/5 Durability is to low and isnt going to buy a weapon with that durability/hitpoint whatever you call.

The idea is pretty good to avoid buying weapons that have been used a lot and are almost broken, but if you stay longer, as eighty said, it would be bad bad to economy, but not that bad! Also, the thing about selling weapons that are about to break would flame the seller... So it has its good and bad points about it, i think it would be nice to really know what you're buying, in my opnion it would be a great thing to add =]

[Image: 663cd648.jpg]

Yea, it gonna be implemented next Sunday! Big Grin

Congratulations ;P

[Image: 663cd648.jpg]