Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Weapon Durability

Can add a way to see the weapon durabilty, like make arms lore also show the durability like 40/40 ( full repair) 0/10 ( near to fall apart).

Cause you can repair a wepon like 5 times ( my last bw) until it turn impossible to repair, so now I started receiving the wepon is damaged mensage but wanted to wait a bit more till I repair and use 1 of the 5 repairs I can do.
But unhapilly the item broken before I spected, If I could see it was 0/5 I could avoid it been broken.

I know at last on RunUO style the wepon show the durability like 40/40 and start going down 30/40;20/40 and when reach 0/40 the other side start going down 0/30; 0/20 if reach 0/0 it broken and each time you repair the right side drop the value (30/30,20/20,10/10) till you cant repair no more and the item broken.

Nice idea! But standard AOS style item dialog is undesirable for us couse we have Sphere replica Sad But i think this feature is very usable and very necessary for good balance! We should find a comprehensible way for introduction of this feature!

Dont need to add it to the iten name, I said to add on the arms lore if is possible.

At moment when you use the arms lore skill it says:
Ex:
Atack [40]. The item is in full repair and is repairable.

Could be:

Atack[40], Durability [50/50]. The item is in full repair and is repairable.

Isn't the messages good enough?
I mean, if saw the message "About to fall apart" when doing armslore, I would know that repairing the item might break it.

Taran Wrote:Isn't the messages good enough?
I mean, if saw the message "About to fall apart" when doing armslore, I would know that repairing the item might break it.

If you write it numbers then it will be more clear!

Yes it would be more clear but I am pretty sure that you get that message not only when you arms lore it but when your fighting also.

Taran Wrote:Isn't the messages good enough?

But I dont know how long it can stay on that message, "about to fall apart", and like I said in the other post you have a limited amount of repairs to do, so the more you can go with a weapon before repair it, better.

Puting it on numbers make it alot more clear, like Xod said.

Edit: Btw, when it says it "about to fall apart" what come to my mind it is in 0/x (x number) and the x already dropping , and when you repair the x drop a bit more, reducing the amount of reapirs you can do.

it's good as is and when are you going to use a weapon with 9 ppl online, you have more chance of an indistrucatable pickaxe wearing down then a weapon these days

lol smoke, but seriously besides bows for hunting when do players actually use their weps?

i mean tours are still autosupply (most of em), i think i used my +20 bard in like 7 duels at the duelstones so far and that's it.

I think I broken 5-6 +20vanq bards at duel stones. And yeah, this message would be helpful if we plan to get players someday ofcourse

There's only one good thing I see from not knowing exactly how much is left on the weapon when you use Arms Lore. Since you don't know if there's 1/10 or 3/10 left, you will repair if you see 'about to fall apart' so you might lose a few repair points. In the end this makes you repair more often and your weapon will eventually break because you didn't wait long enough to do the repairs. Since your weapon broke now you have to go buy a new one from another crafter or you have to go hunt for a new one.

In other words, it's good for the economy that people repair early because more items will get sold!

Eighty Swords Wrote:There's only one good thing I see from not knowing exactly how much is left on the weapon when you use Arms Lore. Since you don't know if there's 1/10 or 3/10 left, you will repair if you see 'about to fall apart' so you might lose a few repair points. In the end this makes you repair more often and your weapon will eventually break because you didn't wait long enough to do the repairs. Since your weapon broke now you have to go buy a new one from another crafter or you have to go hunt for a new one.

In other words, it's good for the economy that people repair early because more items will get sold!

Bah!

Dont make that much diference at end. Showing the numbers you gonna have like 3days+ in the wepon live.