Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

new armors

Eighty Swords Wrote:I'm not saying it because of a lack of devs, I'm saying it in part because like smoke said it will affect the pvp, and sphere was all about straight forward stuff, right? Adding bonuses to armors would make us lean towards an OSI style shard and next thing you know people will be asking to add insurance so they can't lose their items

Sphere wasnt straight foward stuff.

When IN1 over I went to a shard Sphere (old client also), where had robes with mana reg increase, health reg increase, and a bear mask with str or a mage hat with int and some other stuff I cant remember.

So bonus on cloth or armor isnt a RunUO thing added after.

I dont want to get into a discusion about things changing pvp, but its all about adapt, I think pvp can adapt to a armor or cloth with a mana reg bonus or health reg bonus without hurt it, or a rare piece that add 5 str or 5 int.

Eighty Swords Wrote:I'm not saying it because of a lack of devs, I'm saying it in part because like smoke said it will affect the pvp, and sphere was all about straight forward stuff, right? Adding bonuses to armors would make us lean towards an OSI style shard and next thing you know people will be asking to add insurance so they can't lose their items.

As for having to hunt for resources, it's a great concept but as it is we have people who don't want to macro 1 week to play here. Do you think people will want to hunt a monster for 30 minutes or 1 hour to get 5 black diamond ingots?

As for the pvp, have you REALLY been pvping? I don't think you have so you can't give a well informed opinion about it until you do. It's like me saying baseball sucks but I've never played it or watched more then 2 games a year.

BTW, I know scarecrow would want to see Sieken armor (a dark blue/purplish armor) and I do too actually!

I have PvPed on this shard well over 10 times, this does not make me a seasoned veteran and once I actually made it passed the first round in a tournament!!1! I understand the concept of the PvP style here. I think the biggest problem that I see (my opinion don't flame) is that everyone still refers to things as "XUO" style or "IN" style or now "OSI" style, why not stop labeling things and just go with the flow of RunUO (been reading up on it) which is extremely customizeable and do just that. Don't try to be like OSI or XUO just try to be creative. I don't think by adding mage armor or warrior shields (just off top of head) is going to screw up PvP I think it would make it more interesting.

I'm going to get flamed for this but here it goes.

The simple fact that it takes less then a week to get a guy ready to PvP with the PvP stone sort of shows how "simple" the PvP is here. You need to pick Tactics, Healing, Magery from the stone then macro anatomy and fight skeletons with a skinning blade till you've GMed swordsmanship. Then if you want to go extra far you can walk on fire fields till your magic resist is up. I mean I think (purely MY opinion) it would be cool if there were items out there that made it possible if you wanted to be pure mage you get like 140 intelligence with mage leather armor and scroll your way to a victory and since you would have to be wearing Low AR you would obviously have to move alot to avoid getting hit by a bardiche or war fork making you harder to hit which open doors for an archer in PvP seeing as Low AR is easy target for Heavy X-Bow. Then allowing those items would open up possibilities for pretty cool group battles once we got alot more players. I'm just saying that keeping it simple gets boring. And there is no way you can tell me that this PvP isn't simple.

Bah I don't even know why I let it get to this. I blame this on you Eighty! You get blamed for everything else!

Atreides [A]

And Eighty, Baseball does suck.

Atreides [A]

Eighty Swords Wrote:Adding bonuses to armors would make us lean towards an OSI style shard and next thing you know people will be asking to add insurance so they can't lose their items.

I had to address this seperately.

*smacks Eighty's hand* No!

Who the hell ever said anything about asking for Insurance, thats just lame. That's why there are "No Loot" and "Loot" duel areas and EVERYONE should know better then to hunt with adamantium armor... Insurance.. HA!

This message has been brought you by a semi-intelligent person.

Atreides [A]

no thanks if pvp we've already had some adjustments to pvp no more, already i pvp WAY different because of spam delay and no new players even enjoy the pvp anyways

tbh we should even make a thread poll to put spam back the way it use to be

but enough of complanning and spamming the thread about how we can adapt when our pvp was promised to us during the merge. Get back on topic with armors

adding "bonuses" to ar or cloth would make the pvp suck.

think about it ur gunna kill the guy and then he gets a health boost i'd be pissed and prolly wouldn't even want to pvp anymore cuz it's not skill based anymore.

I said it once and i'll say it a million times people just need to learn the system, if you think u have come duel me (for free even) and i'll tell u what u need to learn more, or ask gang or tech ffs. People try it out a couple times but they don't learn how they can use things at certain times.

Hell Paulie learnt the system and now he's a decent pvper

*Foot Inserts In Mouth*

Atreides [A]

About giving bonuses to armors...

Maka Wrote:An accurate leather suit would not ruin PvP in anyway, thats a fact according to me.

http://www.in-x.org/forums/showthread.php?t=899

[Image: sigpicc123.png]

Lederoil Wrote:About giving bonuses to armors...

http://www.in-x.org/forums/showthread.php?t=899

A little note is that Pande = Eighty Swords... Even though he doesn't PVP he comments how huge affect this would have on PVP.

first off that's a leather suit this is platemail armor aka tour gear and he specificly said "thats according to him" and hes not the "pvp master" we pvps speak for our selves were not going to base the decision off one person

smoke Wrote:first off that's a leather suit this is platemail armor aka tour gear and he specificly said "thats according to him" and hes not the "pvp master" we pvps speak for our selves were not going to base the decision off one person

Platemail armor aka tour gear? Who says if this is added it has to be as good as tour gears?

As far as I know he've done alot of this PVP, balanced it etc, if not everything even.. I don't dare to say how much since I don't know. All I know he've been a big part of what it have come to today. It's obvious he's thinking of changes that would work and maybe even improve it, such as this. More variety etc. with still the same PVP it was before. And it's even more obvious most of you're just afraid to changes that might make it a bit harder for you, new things to learn, new challanges etc.

I bet my right arm Maka knows more about this PVP than you and luda do, that's why I think his words conserning something like this, is more value than yours.

Smoke, please motivate why bonuses to new armors would be such drastic change to this PVP?

Oh, he said it's a FACT according to him... and again, I believe he knows what he's talking about more than most of you do. And no, ofcourse he's not all knowing either, but I can't come up with why a change like this would change much at all. I'm looking forward to hear your motivation.

[Image: sigpicc123.png]

Lederoil Wrote:Platemail armor aka tour gear? -What do you mean by that? Why would a low ARed platemail armor be more of a tour gear than a low ARed leather armor?

As far as I know he've done alot of this PVP, balanced it etc, if not everything even.. I don't dare to say how much since I don't know. All I know he've been a big part of what it have come to today. It's obvious he's thinking of changes that would work and maybe even improve it, such as this. More variety etc. with still the same PVP it was before. And it's even more obvious most of you're just afraid to changes that might make it a bit harder for you, new things to learn, new challanges etc.

I bet my right arm Maka knows more about this PVP than you and luda do, that's why I think his words conserning something like this, is more value than yours.

Smoke, please motivate why bonuses to new armors would be such drastic change to this PVP?

Oh, he said it's a FACT according to him... and again, I believe he knows what he's talking about more than most of you do. And no, ofcourse he's not all knowing either, but I can't come up with why a change like this would change much at all. I'm looking forward to hear your motivation.

theres a million reason why this would **** up the pvp, yeah he probablly knows more then me about the pvp but it doesn't mean hes better at then me. Which means i know that it will screw the damn thing up. You also can't base this response off a thing that was written 2 years ago not to mention it doesn't even correspond to platemail armor, it specificly says "LEATHER SUIT"

believe me theres millions of reasons as to why it would change it would be a whole new pvp system which we didn't sign up for

and i don't apprechiate your immaturity saying oh i bet maka knows more then you and luda blah blah blah just because hes known the pvp for a while it rules all of our opinions out? sure he knows more doesn't mean hes better then me at pvp though. I know a lot about the pvp most good pvpers do

what you said basically is for example i've been playing for 3 years and you've been playing uo for 4 years because you've been playing longer you know 100% more things then i do. when your brinning stuff up maka said about 2 years ago in 2007. He also mentioned it for a specific armor "LEATHER"

so just stop trying to mess with the pvp we don't go around saying lederoil has 3-5 statics remove them etc

I think Maka know what hes talking about when he says its not going to chance pvp.
Thats why gang bang always end a post saying
"If maka says its not going to change pvp and does the things , balancing..etc , I agree"

What matter if he said it 2 years ago, what changed in pvp in that time? added the delay? It dont make his post turn into useless.