Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

new armors

The Enlightened One Wrote:You would have to remove a rare ingot. Think about it, who would care if you removed old copper and replaced it with brass? And you think Adamantium is rare now imagine if in 3 weeks they removed it. Cha-Ching to those who had it. It would become expensive and all the players who have been hoarding hundreds of thousands of gold would now have something to blow it on.

Lates,

Atreides

theres like 3 people in the shard with adamantium dude you need to realize what your saying, try to mine an adam set you will see it takes A LOT OF TIME and you have to attend to it, thats why i said you would probablly need to remove a mediocre armor like oceanic deamon steel black rock mytheril or even black diamond

ill be honest i've been mining forever just to make an adam set, that's where i've gotten all my ingots from. I'm not mining for just the sake of it lol

Artreides we already got dragon scales armor. Wink
You just dont seen much of them around.

Btw add bonus to armor have already been discused and I think it not going to happen.

ive got like 3k dragon blood if anyone want to buy

smoke Wrote:nah the rotation would ruin it because people would have some ingots left over and would over price them by alot not to mention it's hard as hell to get adam already =/

Right, it definitely is hard to get adam and saph, that's why I used an ore like sandrock Wink

And you wouldn't be able to boost the price too much because in a month or 2 the ore will be back, but in the mean time for those who really want it they will have to pay more since there's a limited amount available in the mean time. It would also encourage players to trade with each other. 'hey man i need 20 sandrock ingots to complete a set, what you want?' 'i'll give you them for 10 daemon steel so i can complete my set' etc. People wouldn't just be able to go out and mine 20 more since it's not available.

The Enlightened One Wrote:New armor would be cool for the people who have nothing else to do and would like to have a new goal to attain. That is why New Armor is a great idea. I also like Eighty's idea about making the Ingots "seasonal". Like say during winter time you can mine Ice Ingots, or you have to be in an area where sand and water mix in the right "season" creating the conditions needed for the earth to produce Limerock. This is how you truly make an item "rare" Excellent idea Eighty.

Well I wasn't quite suggesting to have certain locations with higher drop rates over others, but it would make people explore and everyone wouldn't sit in the guarded mine. I think XUO was like this at one point, there was a spot known as uranium mine (or some other name, one of the yellow armors)

The Enlightened One Wrote:I used to play on a shard that had Dragon Armor, You had had to have Dragons Bloods and equal Dragon scales for every ingots used. It was pretty cool and gave bonus to magis resist and required alot of skills to create.

You can make dragon armor with a sewing kit and it requires tailoring, tinkering, and maybe blacksmithy. I also think it requires dragons blood Wink

Ryuuku Wrote:Remove forever is to much drastic. Sad

Agreed. That's why I suggested rotating them Smile

The Enlightened One Wrote:Like that idea for armor Muto? You could lower the amount of Dragon Scales dropped per dragon and even make different dragons drop different scales producing different outcomes of armor. Like some with magic resist bonus, or str bonus. You could even make dragon scale leather armor that would increase Intelligence making it cool for a player who wanted to RP a mage and might even add a new facet to PvP. They would have greater Int for more mana but low AR. Might be hard to hit them with a bardiche but would make an archer more viable for PvP as he could target a mage in dragon leather easier. You would also be making dragon hunting another lucrative way to make cash. People could hunt them and trade their different types of scales for cash or items.

Whoa! I Think that's going a little too far with it... we don't want to start having a bunch of different bonus for different armors. Simple is good. And right now there are 3 types of dragon scales (just different colors, not stronger or anything like that) and there's also a few leather types, elven armor, and some different types of bone armor. All of these are done with a sewing kit. You just got to know about them! Smile

smoke Wrote:ive got like 3k dragon blood if anyone want to buy

What you asking?

well i got like 3k dragon blood for sale if anyone one wants to buy thats what i mean eighty :p

And I was asking how much are you asking per dragon's blood? :p lol

Eighty Swords Wrote:And I was asking how much are you asking per dragon's blood? :p lol

duno like 4-5 gp per?

Eighty Swords Wrote:Whoa! I Think that's going a little too far with it... we don't want to start having a bunch of different bonus for different armors. Simple is good. And right now there are 3 types of dragon scales (just different colors, not stronger or anything like that) and there's also a few leather types, elven armor, and some different types of bone armor. All of these are done with a sewing kit. You just got to know about them! Smile

Do you say that because the shard lacks the developers needed to do such a task or do you think intrecacy with armors is a bad idea in general.

And I think the idea of making essential crafting items only attainable through the hunting of difficult monsters and/or specific locations/seasons is a major way to add diversity to the economy. If you keep things simple you will have a simple economy, correct me if I'm wrong. Also to go a step further, the shard has already gone to great lengths even against its initial values as to increase skill gain and add the skill stone for newcomers, which I am not trying to slander the idea but it seems more detrimental to the "fun-o-meter" than adding armor with bonuses would ever do. Not to mention that currently we don't have new people pooring in to play here, which I am more than confident we will in due time which is why I invest alot of my time to this server, wouldn't it be nice to have "extravaggent" items and "extravaggent" methods of procedure to attain them?

I am not mad, just saying I despise the idea of "keeping it simple".

Ciao,

Atreides

PS Did I spell extravaggent wrong? Smile

Atreides [A]

well if armors had abilities it would effect pvp considering you use armor to pvp and now you need it in gank or ebolt or explosion does a lot more damage

so you can't really have it but i don't see why theres a problem in adding new armors simple and plain still fun to mine new things

smoke Wrote:well if armors had abilities it would effect pvp considering you use armor to pvp and now you need it in gank or ebolt or explosion does a lot more damage

so you can't really have it but i don't see why theres a problem in adding new armors simple and plain still fun to mine new things

So they won't add bonus to armor because it would effect the PvP?

It appears to me from the PvP that it has room to grow...

Atreides [A]

The Enlightened One Wrote:Do you say that because the shard lacks the developers needed to do such a task or do you think intrecacy with armors is a bad idea in general.

And I think the idea of making essential crafting items only attainable through the hunting of difficult monsters and/or specific locations/seasons is a major way to add diversity to the economy. If you keep things simple you will have a simple economy, correct me if I'm wrong. Also to go a step further, the shard has already gone to great lengths even against its initial values as to increase skill gain and add the skill stone for newcomers, which I am not trying to slander the idea but it seems more detrimental to the "fun-o-meter" than adding armor with bonuses would ever do. Not to mention that currently we don't have new people pooring in to play here, which I am more than confident we will in due time which is why I invest alot of my time to this server, wouldn't it be nice to have "extravaggent" items and "extravaggent" methods of procedure to attain them?

I'm not saying it because of a lack of devs, I'm saying it in part because like smoke said it will affect the pvp, and sphere was all about straight forward stuff, right? Adding bonuses to armors would make us lean towards an OSI style shard and next thing you know people will be asking to add insurance so they can't lose their items.

As for having to hunt for resources, it's a great concept but as it is we have people who don't want to macro 1 week to play here. Do you think people will want to hunt a monster for 30 minutes or 1 hour to get 5 black diamond ingots?

As for the pvp, have you REALLY been pvping? I don't think you have so you can't give a well informed opinion about it until you do. It's like me saying baseball sucks but I've never played it or watched more then 2 games a year.

BTW, I know scarecrow would want to see Sieken armor (a dark blue/purplish armor) and I do too actually!