Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Things should change

ok so it's not the skills gains fault, either way i don't care i gmed all my stuff and have nothing to do now and tours are gay because everyone uses scripts so im pretty much done with uo, i even gave monkey some of my stuff today

smoke Wrote:tours are gay because everyone uses scripts

Well according to your Luda UO is all about scripts and if you don't use them tough sh*t your fault/loss for not using them...

Anywho... instead of us all complaining about the same things and using the same arguments that never lead anywhere, why not try and find some NEW IDEAS to help INX...

Eighty Swords Wrote:why not try and find some NEW IDEAS to help INX...

The only idea to help INX is how to get a new hardware or a new free server with beter configs.

Quote:Well according to your Luda UO is all about scripts and if you don't use them tough sh*t your fault/loss for not using them...

So enabled autocut and stop having a double standard.

Malik Wrote:Thing is, we agree with you. If things stay the way they are right now player count isn't getting any higher. What I personally don't agree with is the reason.

We had high online count at one point and there was a lot of players hunting, crafting, ganking and doing events. We had always 10-30 in 1v1 regs and all was good. Just check the PvP ladder for past tournaments and see it for yourself. Ladder wasn't even there when we had our highest player count. That means most of those players had a PvP ready character to participate with. Not all of those players had a transfer either and that was without a skillstone and skillgain back then was a lot harder too. In the end, what brings more players and what makes them want to stay is having a stable playerbase in the first place.

We have a plan. At the moment we can't say how it's going to unfold though since there are factors that we have no influence on. What we believe is that we need to get those mails out to our old playerbase as soon as possible since that's what we need to give this shard a jump start. No player who wants interaction will want to join a shard with low client count unless they have friends playing there or they know for sure that the player count will get higher in the future.

Issue with sending those mails at the moment is server hardware. Even if we would get a high playerbase it means nothing if we can't keep those players. Lag is one of the big reasons many players left in the first place. If we send those mails out and can't support all the players most of them will end up leaving again and probably won't even consider coming back when we send another mail saying we have a new server now and lag issues are fixed.

There has been numerous discussions about this issue so go ahead and search the forums for those topics. Conclusion in the end was that we need some better hardware. Issue with getting new server is money and a possibility that our current server is getting a hardware upgrade in the near future. Our current server is provided by xs4all and has no monthly cost. At least now we have relatively stable server and no running costs that we have to meet every month by getting donations. If you have any new ideas that haven't been brought up already we welcome them. However, before doing so please take the time to skim through the old topics to see if the suggestion has been made before and discussed already.

I didnt play at the start of this shard but I can assume the majority did not complain about skill gain because the majority transfered their accounts. You may deny this but it is true.. (So you have all the xuo players who transfered and IN players with skills and that made a big shard. The new players saw the high playerbase and stayed but soon left cause of skill gain but wasnt really noticable. - my theory (: )

Shade Wrote:Hmm, lets say the pvp and skill gain were the main reasons we lost players. Skill gain is now WAY easier and yet we have a low player base. That says to me that something else needs to be changed/fixed.

Skill gain is not going to fix anything at all, it hasn't the last two times we changed it and it won't if we change it again.

" Barely changed it "

No life is complicated only if you make it to be

[Image: 1t27gdviiokfmncbdgmg.gif]

did everybody forget that pvp skills are way easier now? even though they are hard its still fun, i raised mine skills not by practising, but by hunting.. my tactics, fence and mace still aren't gmed but at least i have fun raising them.

AND FFS WE EVEN HAVE A SKILLSTONE ALLOWING U TO RAISE 3 SKILLS DRAMATICALLY!!! damn be happy u can raise magery, tactics and healing, then just raise one skill by urself and ur ready to get loose.. i love the skillgain tbh, ive allways achieved my skills in other servers by setting up macros and sleeping, waking up have gmed the skill are being close to it. now that i have to put in some effort it rly feels good when u gmed a skill. achieving it in an honest way rly feels good.
for example, i had 45 skills gmed on ono, but it was just the first and second skills i gmed which made me feel like YAY FINALLY I DID IT! then the others were like... yeh im done with this one, time to train next skill... i didnt even feel any excitement but now i do! anyways i have to go home now, so i have to stop writing, cya

- regards, Fable

I know no one likes me but, in my opinion the economy is the reason players left. Example if players can earn 200k lets say three hours then they are more likely to pay high prices for scrolls and pots to pvp there for rp players or players that craft will be more likely to keep it up. That should lead to more action on britt bridge. And isn't that what we all want?

Please Forgive me!Cry

Friends...
We talked low player base...
I wonder that, if any retired player can write why he or she stop playing and retired the game??

and again i say, stop talking XUO ers and IN ers

WE ARE IN:X ers !!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

How much would it cost for new server and hardware. Initial and monthly.

If someone could please respond to this seriously I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Atreides

i wana write my opinions...
->I think skill gain should be hard cause of economy and this game name is not Diablo or something, this game name is Ultima Online and this skill gaining is main diffrence for other online games... but maybe staff can increase combat skills,healing skill,magery skill,magic resist skill gaining...

->When we were playing 120-130 or more(near 200), staffs closed this shard for rebuilding (to cahange skill gain, adding stuffs, to write scripts ect.)... it was a big mistake cause it took too long (mounths maybe near a year) and nothing change in game... lots of player gone cause that long brake...

->Most of staff members gone (I dont know what are their reasons...) and active staff members not join much and make some activitys too...

->We talked and talking too much "XUO ers blablabla..... IN ers blablabla"
and we dam up to friendship of the shard players

and some little thinks i cant rmmbr for now.... Smile

i think we have to change this mind and help each other, like pvp, rp, skills, carfting ect.... and try to realize each other stop looking our sides and eyes....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Galdor Wrote:i wana write my opinions...
->I think skill gain should be hard cause of economy and this game name is not Diablo or something, this game name is Ultima Online and this skill gaining is main diffrence for other online games... but maybe staff can increase combat skills,healing skill,magery skill,magic resist skill gaining...

->When we were playing 120-130 or more(near 200), staffs closed this shard for rebuilding (to cahange skill gain, adding stuffs, to write scripts ect.)... it was a big mistake cause it took too long (mounths maybe near a year) and nothing change in game... lots of player gone cause that long brake...

->Most of staff members gone (I dont know what are their reasons...) and active staff members not join much and make some activitys too...

->We talked and talking too much "XUO ers blablabla..... IN ers blablabla"
and we dam up to friendship of the shard players

and some little thinks i cant rmmbr for now.... Smile

i think we have to change this mind and help each other, like pvp, rp, skills, carfting ect.... and try to realize each other stop looking our sides and eyes....

YES i'm not the only one who sees that finally people are agreeing.

Sure we arent having to much gm actualy , theo tryed one for hours yesterday, and last weeks Im having alot troubles to get one too.
And like you can see when Muto come and did some tornys on saturday the playberbase reach the 26 again, now that we arent having some tornys the playerbase is at 14 again.

Btw I know some gms are at summer vacation and traveling around so I understand why we are having some troubles to get gm atm.