Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: Things should change
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Ill try to explain myself the best i can.

I Logged today and i saw 9 online.
U really think the playerbase will be more than this one day?
Admins did a lot of changes and things but... it didnt helped.

I read lots of post and people seems that they dont like xuo players.
I want to tell them: What we did to you? we only pvp and kill u dont respect us because what? U think playing a empty server is better than have xuo players?
I voted yes to the merge cause i thought it will be good for the server. Shit i shouldnt have do that. The merge destroyed the server.

The skillgain ( in the pvp aspect that its the only thing ill change) its ...... well i dont want to say the word. Did u notice if u dont have a partner to macro with him u must spend A LOT OF TIME to set your pvp skills? and u need bandages and regs etc so u will need to waste more time that only the macro.

We(im talking about me and my friends) started to play uo at ... 13 years old more or less. Now im 21 and i wont waste my time macroing all day and hunting for resources. I have better things to do.

If u dont change some things server wont grow.

And i know this is not the first time i said. DONT BE AFK omfg u dont notice that if all the ppl is afk players will think playing in this server is a waste of time?

Sorry im not very good in english. See you
Making skillgain faster won't help, at least not in the long run.

Why? Because there are tons of accounts that have good chars on them, ready for fighting, hunting etc. Instead we should focus on getting those people back.

At the moment all shards are having a decrease in playerbase though. Vacations, nice weather, travels etc are the main reasons for this.
First of all, I was one posting I dislike most of the XUO-players. This is because of an immature behaviour from their side and nothing else, not because they're killing me or something else as stupid. How ever, this was a generalizing, this does of course not concern every ex. XUO player, but for me it seems like it's not far away.

About the skillgain. You can get a PVP-ready character just in three, four days. Seriously... How can you honestly think less than a week of macroing is too much? It's ****ing ridiculous... It's even more ridiculous to think this is the problem of our low playerbase.

I did also start playing UO when I was 12-13 or something... I have been raising skills with alot of characters through the years, I still don't think it would be too much to be macroing some nights to get a ready-to-go-character. Jesus..

Where are you anyway? I mean, instead of writing crap on the forum about "Changes needs to be done", even though you have no idea what changes that would be, try to log in a few hours per week. I bet there are way too many players who thinks the same way you do "I don't play because there are way too few people online". That won't change until all of you starts to spend some hours a week for the shard. The shard would get more players, would seem more alive, and there would be more action. New as old players would join.

I bet there are tons of old players like you, who already have a raised character, who would love to have some PVP actions... the problem is the way you think. Blaming the skillgain, which isn't even hard is just stupid.
Not everyone from XUO is jerk!Tongue There were some from IN also... Can't remember so many of em but take a look on Okan, he just beats anyone from XUO Smile
Gang-Bang Wrote:Not everyone from XUO is jerk!Tongue There were some from IN also... Can't remember so many of em but take a look on Okan, he just beats anyone from XUO Smile

True that.
lmao its always the fault of XUO, i find it hilarious, honestly if IN was sooooo great it wouldn't have died for a reason.

no offense but most of us know why maka merged in the 1st place and i'm not gunna bring it up cuz u wanna know what..............

WHO THE F*** CARES

this is IN:X DEAL WITH IT OR DON'T PLAY.

and if we're focusing on getting the old players back then why not get a damn server that can hold 60+ people and send out those damn emails.

Anyone else got other ways in brining back those ppl?

Personally I would focus on the new but that's just me.

smoke

lederoil i still don't know why you hold the grudge against us xuo players because not all of us complain about the skill gain for christ sake im doing black smithy, and as for being a jerk that's just something everyone can acquire not just a type of shard
smoke Wrote:lederoil i still don't know why you hold the grudge against us xuo players because not all of us complain about the skill gain for christ sake im doing black smithy

What the ****... Where did I ever say that "all of you" complain about the skill gain? or most of all, where did I ever say I "hold the grudge against you" because you complain about the skillgain?? Learn to read.

Luda Krishna Wrote:and if we're focusing on getting the old players back then why not get a damn server that can hold 60+ people and send out those damn emails.

As far as I know, they're working on it...

Luda Kirshna Wrote:lmao its always the fault of XUO, i find it hilarious, honestly if IN was sooooo great it wouldn't have died for a reason.

Where's anyone blaming XUO now?

All I know is that there are people who know how to PVP, and would love to get into some PVP-action, but don't bother to be online for one second because there are no players. Camaron for example... I've seen him online for three days in the past half year or maybe even more, still he seems to be wanting the PVP-action there once was.

Eighty Swords

Lederoil Wrote:Where are you anyway? I mean, instead of writing crap on the forum about "Changes needs to be done", even though you have no idea what changes that would be

I think he's tried saying what these changes are but everyone just keeps shooting his ideas down. To Camaron and several others one of the most important things is easier pvp skills to attract new players. Yea 3 days isn't a long time IF you can leave the PC on for 24 hours straight, IF you get someone to give you supplies, IF you can find a partner to train the PVP skills with, and let's all be honest with the way UO is today... not nearly as many people are playing as compared to even just 1-2 years ago, and those that will come to INX are coming from another shard where they already spent x days/weeks training their skills and we're asking them to come to a new shard to go through it all again. Like Camaron said people don't have time to do this like they used to and people don't want to spend that time. That's not to say all pvp combats should be given at 100, but I don't see the BIG DEAL in giving more out. Not only are these pvp skills but they're also the main group of skills required for hunting so it helps more then just the pvpers.

Lederoil Wrote:try to log in a few hours per week. I bet there are way too many players who thinks the same way you do "I don't play because there are way too few people online". That won't change until all of you starts to spend some hours a week for the shard. The shard would get more players, would seem more alive, and there would be more action. New as old players would join.

Agree 100%. Unfortunately nobody wants to be part of those first groups of people to bring us from 15-20, then 20-25, etc.

Lederoil Wrote:All I know is that there are people who know how to PVP, and would love to get into some PVP-action, but don't bother to be online for one second because there are no players. Camaron for example... I've seen him online for three days in the past half year or maybe even more, still he seems to be wanting the PVP-action there once was.

Not everyone has a forum account name matching their (main) char name. Ryuuku for one, Hiroshima until recently, etc Wink

I think what would be a big help for the staff is if we made one thread and everyone listed 2-3 things that they think really need to be changed. Once a lot of people give their feedback, the staff would have a general idea of what the players want and could do something about it. And I'm willing to be if enough people answer we'd get feedback from a large variety of players and chances are people who join INX would want these things to be there anyways!
I think skillgain is perfect. As for PVP, the majority of the guilds are going chaos or order all these "old" players need to do is log in and stay for a few hours to check out the action.
how aboout this idea...... make skill gain easy and resource gathering harder??? this way it encourages actual in game playing to get shit rather then some bullshit macro that everyones got. it also makes peopel think "hey i can do anything so ill try this" rather then macroing for two yearrs to make a ****in potion. make resources come from monsters so people have to actually play rather then macro. idk how it is now but if u dont sstart with gm magery and a full spellbook u should just send a major **** u to anyone who wants to join. no one with a real life and a real job has time for this shit. every uo player has grown up. what needs to be understood is that the uo market is not growing or ever will but shrinking at a rather quick pace. what needs to be done is salvage the few players that still remain. to think people want to macro and spend time on it is rather ignorant. hardcore gamers have moved on. get with the times and fix shit. shrink the world while ur at it cause the uo world is designed to support way more players then this place is ever gonna see. people need interaction and its way to safe to even hunt. one of the thigns i loved on xuo was that it as rather hard to hunt by yourself cause people would always show up at the good spots. i cant believe people even complianed about locations showing on the status. go play with urself and ur own server if u want to be alone. maybe this can encourage peopel to join guilds for some protection. lets get real people. who cares about skills rates. if you are complaining because u worked ur ass off to gm a skill and dont want other to have it easy then your being selfish casue the server wont ever grow. wake up peopel its ****ing 2009 *****es
Easier skill gain means a worse economy. People become self dependent and that basically eliminates all trading of craftable items. Even if resource gathering was harder, that only means people will be trading resources for the most part.

I know some of you don't really care about the shard having a stable economy but every time skills are made easier those who are here that wish to craft take a beating.

Everything is about balance, especially on this shard considering the two totally different play environments our players come from. It doesn't matter if this game is 1 year old or 100, nor does it matter if we have all built 1 character or 1000, everything must be balanced and taken into account from all aspects of playing.
Pages: 1 2 3