Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

smoke Wrote:uo is a 15 year old game i could run it on my old p1 hes got a 3.4 ghz and a gig of ram and tons of space it's not the reason why hes lagging and it's not just him i am too and many others also like monkey and shade as he posted so that rules out that question

Where did you get 3.4GHz? He said 1.6GHz core 2 duo. And that doesn't translate exactly into a 3.2GHz CPU.

And even if UO is 15 years old, my computer is just as strong, maybe even stronger then his and my CPU usage is at 100% with just UO open.

Feel free to pull out your P1 and start playing on it. I guarantee you won't even have the patience to wait for it to load.

UO is 15 years old yes.

But it got lots of updates. And really needs more from your pc than back then. Especially lots of effects as flamestrikes etc can still make your pc lag a little bit.

Also people (at least I) set a much higher resolution at razor because I have a big ass screen. The result is also your client needing much more info from the server as you need more information of more items that you can see. And in tourneys especially, you see even more 'special' effects. Lower res for duels runs much smoother (at least here it does)

and i can garantee u 80 that my laptop is about the norm as i had purchased it 3 years ago.

100% not my laptop, please don't make it seem like i don't know what i'm doing as it feels like people are underestimating me which is a view that is most likely false.

p.s: u don't need a quad-core to run this game, 1GB of ram is WAY more than u need.

ask scare (he just bought a new pc) and he gets the same lag I do usually, and we've noticed its more than usual then let's say 2 weeks ago. makes me conclude it's one variable.

1 gig is enough for the game, true! But its not enough for windows, the game and various other programs you have running! It just isent!

I got 8gigs in, with a 3.2ghz dualcore from intel, with a 9800gtx card in! So i can say that i can run it propperly! But with a 1.6 dualcore, 1 gig ram.. you just cant!

IN1: Andrew / Andrew the Almighty (forums)
IN-X: Andrew, High Ranger [Rangers of the North]
[Image: siggie.jpg]

i don't run windows vista, 1GB for windows XP and web browser with game is enough plz don't sound like one of those "More ram makes better pc" ppl

It does! To a certin limit ofc. Im educated in it, so i do belive i know what im talkin about!

Eighty Swords Wrote:Where did you get 3.4GHz? He said 1.6GHz core 2 duo. And that doesn't translate exactly into a 3.2GHz CPU.

And even if UO is 15 years old, my computer is just as strong, maybe even stronger then his and my CPU usage is at 100% with just UO open.

Feel free to pull out your P1 and start playing on it. I guarantee you won't even have the patience to wait for it to load.

i bought final fantasy 7 for 100$ to play it what are you saying? it's a classic game if you have no patience your a doofus

and the reason you have 100% usage on uo is because that's the server lagging your shit up not your pc, or else it would do the same thing when i play cs a more advanced game which it doesnt

Quote:It does! To a certin limit ofc. Im educated in it, so i do belive i know what im talkin about!

this will be my last post in this thread as arguing on the internet is a waste of my time

you will never fully use ur 8GB of ram most u use is approx 2-3, 4 if u run vista.

LudaKrishna Wrote:this will be my last post in this thread as arguing on the internet is a waste of my time

you will never fully use ur 8GB of ram most u use is approx 2-3, 4 if u run vista.

Why do you think i said to a certin limit?

smoke Wrote:and the reason you have 100% usage on uo is because that's the server lagging your shit up not your pc, or else it would do the same thing when i play cs a more advanced game which it doesnt

Actually the CPU usage on a program running on your computer has nothing to do with the server whatsoever. Older Ultima Online clients is using 100% of your computer when started, that was fixed in more recent clients, but how fast your processor in your computer runs has nothing to do with how fast the server is sending information to you. Try logging into a different UO server and watch that your 100% CPU usage on the client will still be the same. CS has a better client that doesn't take 100% CPU usage, good for them, but it's not the servers fault.

Luda Krishna Wrote:it's not my laptop, as this is used for many other games/programming.

1.6GHz (Core 2 Duo, 2 CPU's)
1GB RAM
80GB Hard Drive (approx 40% free space)

Luda, I'm not saying that your processor, your ram or your harddrive is causing you to lag. You should not be "freezing and almost unable to move" with a computer like that, but you may experience some lag due to it tho. However what I really ment was rather that you may have spyware or addaware on your computer slowing it down bigtime. Do you have a good antivirus program? If not then get one, u can try one for free at most big antivirusprogram-sites. Try norton, it's easy to use.

Anyways, if it would be the server lagging you so much that you almost can't move at certain times, then you would _NOT_ have 120ms at those times. Sure your download ping may be better than the upload, and that could cause you to see other people move but be "stuck" yourself, however the ping would STILL never be even close to 120ms if you would be lagging as bad as you say you are.

I suggest that you do what I said and just let some player try playing from your connection, who knows, maybe you'll get a surprise. Last time I checked Smoke was not "unable to move" in-game, he runs way faster than me and has low delay on all his spells.

The server may lag us all a little bit, sometimes we experience "spikes" just like a worldsave which is very small, and THAT my friend is the server, when EVERYBODY freezes at the same time, but not the things you're experiencing as in "almost can't move at all", "oh so laggy", etc etc.

Regards,
Hate

ive been getting fat lag spikes ever since i started playing here and i ping 80ms my pc is definately good enough, and to play on a server with 20 clients, 30 max despite Hates mystical 60 (dont know where he got that figure from) and still experience huge spikes is not very nice add that to the fact skillgain is very slow and there is ugly shit all over the server its tantamount to never playing INX. EVERRRRRRrrrr :evil:

Hate Wrote:Actually the CPU usage on a program running on your computer has nothing to do with the server whatsoever. Older Ultima Online clients is using 100% of your computer when started, that was fixed in more recent clients, but how fast your processor in your computer runs has nothing to do with how fast the server is sending information to you. Try logging into a different UO server and watch that your 100% CPU usage on the client will still be the same. CS has a better client that doesn't take 100% CPU usage, good for them, but it's not the servers fault.

Luda, I'm not saying that your processor, your ram or your harddrive is causing you to lag. You should not be "freezing and almost unable to move" with a computer like that, but you may experience some lag due to it tho. However what I really ment was rather that you may have spyware or addaware on your computer slowing it down bigtime. Do you have a good antivirus program? If not then get one, u can try one for free at most big antivirusprogram-sites. Try norton, it's easy to use.

Anyways, if it would be the server lagging you so much that you almost can't move at certain times, then you would _NOT_ have 120ms at those times. Sure your download ping may be better than the upload, and that could cause you to see other people move but be "stuck" yourself, however the ping would STILL never be even close to 120ms if you would be lagging as bad as you say you are.

I suggest that you do what I said and just let some player try playing from your connection, who knows, maybe you'll get a surprise. Last time I checked Smoke was not "unable to move" in-game, he runs way faster than me and has low delay on all his spells.

The server may lag us all a little bit, sometimes we experience "spikes" just like a worldsave which is very small, and THAT my friend is the server, when EVERYBODY freezes at the same time, but not the things you're experiencing as in "almost can't move at all", "oh so laggy", etc etc.

Regards,
Hate

you must be joking hate because when i run uo i have 80-90% cpu usage in use, and when i play cs which is a far more complex game to run i have 40ish with things on i can take a screen shot if your not satisfied im 100% sure this is the server because our server hardware is screwed and we've been waiting for a new one for nearly a year and a half now