Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

U should read this

smoke Wrote:i dont understand why it's a must to hunt with a partner? you shouldn't have to rely on anybody if theres no anhks or res gates and if there too far people will just give up getting there body..

The point is that people want hunting to be almost no risk - ankhs everywhere, easy ways out of the dungeon, pvpers shouldn't be able to find you, etc. So I keep saying instead of b*tching about this get a partner and go hunt with them. Smoke I ran through a whole dungeon I was never in before to res you once and you were ready to quit because you couldn't find your way out or get out... If you had been hunting with someone they probably would have ressed you in 30 seconds and you wouldn't have lost all the items you had on you. THAT'S what I'm getting at.

Silverwolf Wrote:This ankh issue should of been resolved a long time ago.

There should be ankhs placed all over dungeons, certain distance apart, allowing people to ressurect themselves and have a chance to get their items back and continue hunting ALONE.

This game is made to be played independant just as much as it is with partners.

shouldnt HAVE TO hunt with somebody, it should just be a lot easier.

Having no ankhs is a major issue, believe it or not, when it comes to pve. no one enjoys dieing and knowing that they cant get their things back. this causes people to be nervous and most of all frustrated and causes them to log off pissed.

fix this issue, it wont do anything but make it beneficial for the players.

I agree with most of what you say like how it's frustrating but remember; risk = reward. No risk of losing your items means there shouldn't be a reward you can get while hunting...

But seriously man I gotta ask you this question... when's the last time you played :eek: ?!?! And I mean played for more then like 10-20 minutes...

smoke Wrote:exactly and once i paged in a dungeion because i had no idea where i was going even with uoam if i could have some assitance or be teleportorted to pits they simply said no and they didn't even help me find my way out of the dungeion. I tryed to use stuck menu and i couldn't because supposefuly you can't use it in a dungeion i paged to ask why it's because the GM said they don't want us to retreieve our items.. Why they did this? no idea whatsoever it's actually pretty lame to get answered like that "oh hey we just saw you die but were not going to help you at all your on your own" that's bascially the message i got left with..

Same thing as what I said to silver... Risk = reward. No risk of losing your items means there shouldn't be a reward you can get while hunting...

I think the staff won't save you because you ask for it so much and my guess is they know you've been here a while and probably expect you to be able to find your own way out. I mean if you go to a dungeon 100 times and then die the next time and get stuck it's not the end of the world... By then you should know the dungeon and know how to get out or where the stuck menu does or doesn't work since you try using it so much.

I think if a staff member sees a page from a brand new player saying they died and can't figure out how to get out they'd probably help them out.

LudaKrishna Wrote:i got stuck in fire once late at night cuz xtreme dragon killed me. it took me 2 hours to find the way out of the dungeon, i only got out cuz i finally got stuck menu working in the end. cuz it was late at night practically no one was online soo yea

That's the dungeon I ran through to save smoke one night... and he was at the end. When I say the end, I mean the VERY end at the two big towers with a million and one monsters around it... I died twice getting to him, both times I took 30 seconds to 1 minute to get out, then 5 minutes to res myself, get a bag of regs and get back in the dungeon to where I died. Dungeons aren't impossible...

I know smoke was at the very end so it would be a lot harder to do the same thing as me, but it is possible... Hell I even marked a rune to that area so if it happened again I could save him.

lol, what do you mean whens the last time i played? that has nothing to do with it, it's the same as it was when i stopped playing, still no ankhs... so that's not relavant.

secondly, im speaking from my experience from past 10+ shards, unlike you i've played this game for over 7-8 years now and im speaking from previous experience.

so let me ask you this, how many shards have you played Eighty?

And by shards I mean with over 100 player base...

I know risk= reward, but there's a limit. There's a reason why the player base is so low, something is not working here...

The staff here has to learn how to experiment with things, because obviously the system isnt working. I'm not being a *****, I dont really care how it goes to tell you the truth, Since im not playing currently. I'm just giving you input of my experience as a player on past successfull shards.

You cant be all hard headed and think this is the way we want it, so this is the way it stays... learn to attract players based on what makes a game popular now... in 2009...

It's all "marketing" if that's the right word for it. See what attracts people, and implement it, even though it's not something you were planning on doing.

None the less, if you dont want to put ankhs up, than dont do it. It's your loss really, the players are speaking out to you about what they like and dislike and you guys can make a strategical decisions on if you believe it's needed or not.

and Taran, lets not over exxagerate with the 200m ankhs, atleast put a couple, depending the dungeon, at a good distance from each other so people have a chance to hide/stealth their way there from the ankh.

P.S: How many partners can you really hunt with when there's a player base of 25... you need to adapt to the shard the way it is now, create some ankhs for the time being, due to low player base, and when the shard grows, slowly remove the ankhs so people can be more dependant on each other...

yeyeye!

[SIZE="3"]I DONT LIKE PEOPLE PLAYING ON MY PHONE! I KEEPS IT REAL![/SIZE]

wait so eighty get your story stragiht you disagree with me but agree with amin when im agreeing with amin we are on the same point. so basically your just trying to argue that im wrong as usual when i actually said an example of what silverwolf was talking about

also how does silverwolfs gameplay time effect the game really?

Quote:lol, what do you mean whens the last time i played? that has nothing to do with it, it's the same as it was when i stopped playing, still no ankhs... so that's not relavant.

It has everything to do with it... maybe since you last played here dungeons have been reworked to not be as crazy... maybe there are now res gates at certain points... maybe there are res gates at some entrances when there weren't ones there before... maybe there are ways to get out of a dungeon when you're stuck...

You not having logged in for 1-2 years is like someone trying to tell me Italy, France, Spain, etc aren't nice countries to go to when they were last there during WW2 when buildings were all crumbled and ruined from the war...

Quote:secondly, im speaking from my experience from past 10+ shards, unlike you i've played this game for over 7-8 years now and im speaking from previous experience.

You're basically saying that because you played a game longer then me that makes my opinion irrelevant... If I played a game for 4-5 days maybe I'd agree with your logic, but I've played UO for 4-5 years so it's not exactly the first time I ride a horse...

If you played on 10 shards in 8 years that means you moved from one shard to another on average every 9-10 months... And you apparently played oh so many more so what, lets say you played 15 shards, that means every 6-7 months you moved to a new shard... Yea, they sure had something interesting to keep you there for so long...

You already know the answer but I'll humor you cause I'm a nice guy! I haven't played many shards at all, even if they didn't have 100+ people lets see... I played Jakko's XUO, TFA (again run by Jakko), Maka's XUO, some other shard a lot of people (including you) left Maka's XUO to play for a bit. I think it was a spin off of no*us or ng or something like that, and INX.

Of those shards TFA was the only NON sphere replica and the only one with 100+ people at the time I played them. The XUO's and that other shard I don't remember the name of right now were pvp based shards and they weren't super successful. From your reasoning and the shards I've played on we can see two things about the modern demand of what players want in UO;

1) we should remove pvp from INX since 3 out of 5 shards I played were PVP oriented and folded
2) we shouldn't be a sphere replica since 4 out of 5 shards I played were sphere and 3 out of 5 of these shards folded.

I'm sure if we check your statics of shards you played we'd see similar numbers...

And if you want to classify a shard by the number of players, let me ask you a question or two... How many cars have you driven? And by cars I mean cars with 600HP or more... How many women do you know? And by women I mean women with 36DD breasts... You're classifications and restrictions on what classifies a shard as a shard don't mean anything...

Quote:P.S: How many partners can you really hunt with when there's a player base of 25... you need to adapt to the shard the way it is now, create some ankhs for the time being, due to low player base, and when the shard grows, slowly remove the ankhs so people can be more dependant on each other...

I would say the majority of players on this shard have at least 1 friend here since I'm willing to bet most people heard of INX through a friend and not because it's ranked 7th on a voting site...

Quote:wait so eighty get your story stragiht you disagree with me but agree with amin when im agreeing with amin we are on the same point. so basically your just trying to argue that im wrong as usual when i actually said an example of what silverwolf was talking about

also how does silverwolfs gameplay time effect the game really?

It doesn't hurt you to read more then 2 lines of my messages smoke... if it does maybe you need glasses or should take a break from the computer and watching hockey on the TV... I said I agree with silverwolf that it's frustrating dieing and losing items and not figuring out how the hell to get out of a dungeon. I don't agree with having tons of ankhs in every dungeon. If you're a noob player go to noob dungeon because that's what it's there for.

And I asked him the last time he played, not how many hours he's been ingame. There's a big difference between the two, I hope you can understand it...

Eighty Swords Wrote:It has everything to do with it... maybe since you last played here dungeons have been reworked to not be as crazy... maybe there are now res gates at certain points... maybe there are res gates at some entrances when there weren't ones there before... maybe there are ways to get out of a dungeon when you're stuck...

You not having logged in for 1-2 years is like someone trying to tell me Italy, France, Spain, etc aren't nice countries to go to when they were last there during WW2 when buildings were all crumbled and ruined from the war...

You're basically saying that because you played a game longer then me that makes my opinion irrelevant... If I played a game for 4-5 days maybe I'd agree with your logic, but I've played UO for 4-5 years so it's not exactly the first time I ride a horse...

If you played on 10 shards in 8 years that means you moved from one shard to another on average every 9-10 months... And you apparently played oh so many more so what, lets say you played 15 shards, that means every 6-7 months you moved to a new shard... Yea, they sure had something interesting to keep you there for so long...

You already know the answer but I'll humor you cause I'm a nice guy! I haven't played many shards at all, even if they didn't have 100+ people lets see... I played Jakko's XUO, TFA (again run by Jakko), Maka's XUO, some other shard a lot of people (including you) left Maka's XUO to play for a bit. I think it was a spin off of no*us or ng or something like that, and INX.

Of those shards TFA was the only NON sphere replica and the only one with 100+ people at the time I played them. The XUO's and that other shard I don't remember the name of right now were pvp based shards and they weren't super successful. From your reasoning and the shards I've played on we can see two things about the modern demand of what players want in UO;

1) we should remove pvp from INX since 3 out of 5 shards I played were PVP oriented and folded
2) we shouldn't be a sphere replica since 4 out of 5 shards I played were sphere and 3 out of 5 of these shards folded.

I'm sure if we check your statics of shards you played we'd see similar numbers...

And if you want to classify a shard by the number of players, let me ask you a question or two... How many cars have you driven? And by cars I mean cars with 600HP or more... How many women do you know? And by women I mean women with 36DD breasts... You're classifications and restrictions on what classifies a shard as a shard don't mean anything...

I would say the majority of players on this shard have at least 1 friend here since I'm willing to bet most people heard of INX through a friend and not because it's ranked 7th on a voting site...

It doesn't hurt you to read more then 2 lines of my messages smoke... if it does maybe you need glasses or should take a break from the computer and watching hockey on the TV... I said I agree with silverwolf that it's frustrating dieing and losing items and not figuring out how the hell to get out of a dungeon. I don't agree with having tons of ankhs in every dungeon. If you're a noob player go to noob dungeon because that's what it's there for.

And I asked him the last time he played, not how many hours he's been ingame. There's a big difference between the two, I hope you can understand it...

exactly and what was my post about? being stuck in a dungeion without no help froms gms and i used a program called uoam to even try to get out. so before you say i need glasses use your head and reread what i wrote it's an example of the same thing being frusterated

EDIT: also your telling me to get off the computer? i do other things other than start arguing because im bored, if your macroing and your bored dont start arguing with me go out or something instead of watching your pc

Wow smoke are you just trying to instigate something with every post you make?

I'll try to keep this short since messages get misinterpreted all too often when they're long.

1) I said it sucks to die and get stuck somewhere
2) I said I don't think the solution is to have ankhs everywhere or to have a gm take you out which seems to be what you're asking for
3) I said get off the computer because you never seem to read more then 2 lines of my messages... maybe because your eyes start hurting or you get a headache... this means you need glasses or should get off the computer every now and then to take a break...
4) Personally I do do other things like read a book, watch a movie, watch hockey, read up on stuff to help me with work, etc. I'm sure you of all people will notice my last post in this thread came before the 1st period and this one during the first intermission of the game...

As silverwolf said, stop being so hard headed lol. You're so set on YOUR way you don't leave any room for interpretation of what someone else says or does...

Quite a few of you don't seem to grasp the concept of what a dungeon is which annoys me. Dungeons are meant to be hard and risky, if you die and have trouble looting your corpse then we did that dungeon right! Obviously some dungeons are much harder then others but thats to be expected, they can't all be like deceit. In any case there should always be risk involved and that won't change. That risk is beyond simply dieing and walking for a few seconds to res, risk is the possibility that you will lose your corpse and have to walk all the way back to town.

Also for anyone paging for junk like, "OMG I've been lost here for 2 hours, tele me to pits!!", we do not tele people to pits. Stuck means that you are unable to move or proceed past a certain point! If you are ever lost you can ask us to show you the way out but obnoxiously begging for a tele will get you nowhere.

Shade Wrote:Quite a few of you don't seem to grasp the concept of what a dungeon is which annoys me. Dungeons are meant to be hard and risky, if you die and have trouble looting your corpse then we did that dungeon right! Obviously some dungeons are much harder then others but thats to be expected, they can't all be like deceit. In any case there should always be risk involved and that won't change. That risk is beyond simply dieing and walking for a few seconds to res, risk is the possibility that you will lose your corpse and have to walk all the way back to town.

Also for anyone paging for junk like, "OMG I've been lost here for 2 hours, tele me to pits!!", we do not tele people to pits. Stuck means that you are unable to move or proceed past a certain point! If you are ever lost you can ask us to show you the way out but obnoxiously begging for a tele will get you nowhere.

well shade if most people consider the dungeions too hard i think theres a problem..

EDIT: also i did page you when i was stuck for some guidence and you never showed me a way out the page never even got answered..

Eighty Swords Wrote:Wow smoke are you just trying to instigate something with every post you make?

I'll try to keep this short since messages get misinterpreted all too often when they're long.

1) I said it sucks to die and get stuck somewhere
2) I said I don't think the solution is to have ankhs everywhere or to have a gm take you out which seems to be what you're asking for
3) I said get off the computer because you never seem to read more then 2 lines of my messages... maybe because your eyes start hurting or you get a headache... this means you need glasses or should get off the computer every now and then to take a break...
4) Personally I do do other things like read a book, watch a movie, watch hockey, read up on stuff to help me with work, etc. I'm sure you of all people will notice my last post in this thread came before the 1st period and this one during the first intermission of the game...

As silverwolf said, stop being so hard headed lol. You're so set on YOUR way you don't leave any room for interpretation of what someone else says or does...

LOL? when did silverwolf even say that? wow i dont even know what to say to you anymore really you talk about me being hard headed yes sure i try to bug people etc but at least i admit it and i know that i do that stuff, you have no experience and you are so harded headed to assume

I can understand the argument that dungeons are hard and when you die you might get stuck, or you can't always do it with someone, etc but why do people argue so strongly against getting a partner? It seems so basic to me and most of the time you can find a partner if you're willing to go with one.

There should be a disclaimer at dungeon entrances saying something like "Extremely difficult dungeon ahead! Caution and or a partner are strongly advised." however this gives need to having another message saying "Warning about other players: They may become your friend!" lol

If it were put to a vote and everyone wanted ankhs added, watch out because I can see the staff lowering monster loots to balance the lower risk involved in hunting! lol

smoke Wrote:LOL? when did silverwolf even say that? wow i dont even know what to say to you anymore really you talk about me being hard headed yes sure i try to bug people etc but at least i admit it and i know that i do that stuff, you have no experience and you are so harded headed to assume

Your post kinda ended all of a sudden there, seems like something should come after "so harded headed to assume" Oh well, I'll work with what I have... Smoke here's the part of silverwolf's post I agreed with. I guess you didn't read his full post either... Press the little black arrow and it will take you to the post so you can read it all.

Silverwolf Wrote:Having no ankhs is a major issue, believe it or not, when it comes to pve. no one enjoys dieing and knowing that they cant get their things back. this causes people to be nervous and most of all frustrated and causes them to log off pissed.

I even quoted silverwolf and said;

Eighty Swords Wrote:I agree with most of what you say like how it's frustrating but remember; risk = reward. No risk of losing your items means there shouldn't be a reward you can get while hunting...

What are you talking about I have no experience?! What do you think I do on UO all the time? Let me tell you because you obviously don't know; I hunt and craft so don't tell me I have no idea what I'm talking about. If we were having a discussion about pvp and how flamestrike takes 2.X seconds to cast and I said no it take 10 seconds then you could say I don't know what I'm talking about...

And I know I'm hard headed too, I never said I wasn't. If you are going to argue with my opinion about something, make sure you understand what I say before you start arguing with me, and take the few extra minutes to read my whole post because you WILL miss something. We've seen proof of that before.

Coming to these forums is just getting frustrating having to re-explain myself to people who don't even bother reading my points and just continue saying my opinion is wrong... Some times I try to make my posts shorter but then I can't fully explain myself and give examples of why because some people just quote it and say "I'm not reading that".

I seriously hope nobody that plays this game is going to law school... What you going to do in court one day? Say something like "I'm not listening to this testimony" or say to the judge "NO IT'S NOT AN OBJECTION YOU F*CKING *SSHOLE!!" ?

Silverwolf Wrote:lol, what do you mean whens the last time i played? that has nothing to do with it, it's the same as it was when i stopped playing, still no ankhs... so that's not relavant.

secondly, im speaking from my experience from past 10+ shards, unlike you i've played this game for over 7-8 years now and im speaking from previous experience.

I know risk= reward, but there's a limit. There's a reason why the player base is so low, something is not working here...

The staff here has to learn how to experiment with things, because obviously the system isnt working. I'm not being a *****, I dont really care how it goes to tell you the truth, Since im not playing currently. I'm just giving you input of my experience as a player on past successfull shards.

You cant be all hard headed and think this is the way we want it, so this is the way it stays... learn to attract players based on what makes a game popular now... in 2009...

It's all "marketing" if that's the right word for it. See what attracts people, and implement it, even though it's not something you were planning on doing.

None the less, if you dont want to put ankhs up, than dont do it. It's your loss really, the players are speaking out to you about what they like and dislike and you guys can make a strategical decisions on if you believe it's needed or not.

and Taran, lets not over exxagerate with the 200m ankhs, atleast put a couple, depending the dungeon, at a good distance from each other so people have a chance to hide/stealth their way there from the ankh.

P.S: How many partners can you really hunt with when there's a player base of 25... you need to adapt to the shard the way it is now, create some ankhs for the time being, due to low player base, and when the shard grows, slowly remove the ankhs so people can be more dependant on each other...

Jejeje :icon_twisted:

Bow Down To The ScareKing! jeje

[Image: scarecrowinxkd2.gif]

smoke Wrote:well shade if most people consider the dungeions too hard i think theres a problem..

EDIT: also i did page you when i was stuck for some guidence and you never showed me a way out the page never even got answered..

no, you paged asking to be tele'd to the pits, I said no. you paged again saying something like "cmon man i been here for like 2 hours, just tele me out" and the pages kept coming and I stopped with the back and forth after the 5th or 6th page because I got tired of you being so insistent about being tele'd instead of asking for help finding the exit. Next I believe you posted about quitting, minutes later you were no longer in the dungeon though.

Anyway, you people need to keep in mind that there are easy places to hunt with very little risk. You guys don't hunt those places though because they don't have as good of loot. What you don't seem to realize is risk = loot. Either go somewhere safe and take your time earning the gold or go somewhere tough and take the risk for the extra loot. Feel free to hunt at like covetous level 1 if you want a noob friendly dungeon for noob-level loot.

We can easily add ankhs all over and lower the risk but I promise you, the loot will be lowered as well. Of course if that happened then people would just hunt at the already easy areas, like the one I mentioned, and it would defeat the purpose of having dungeons with different difficulty levels.