Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Follow up on a few suggestions

To Scarecrow: Nobody has received RP rewards for months now. I honestly have yet to see anyone carry themselves well enough to deserve anything. Writing a short story does not earn much of anything except my time, a level of commitment needs to be proven in game. When a player doesn't log on or interact with others it is hard to witness any commitment at all.

What does the dark elf guild have to do with anything anyway? Like I said, nobody has earned any rewards for months now.

Also you guys are so quick to change everything else but why don't you do a forum search of all the old posts of people wanting the pvp changed. You claim we should change something for a few players when nobody was willing to change something a bunch of players wanted? Not that it matters anymore, promising no change in that department was really the downfall of our player base, for those who seemed to miss out on all that.

snkid: Did you just suggest to make something harder?! I hope the players here don't tar and feather you. Good suggestion though, I think to change it though would require rebalancing the craft rates as well though as I believe they are tied together.

these discussions are starting to be useless...
later i'll post my opinion and ideas though, however, for i just want to say this...

In my opinion the low playerbase isn't because the shard itself, it's excelent, it's the game. UO is more than old and it's a game that even it is mmorpg we "finish" it quickly. Do you guys realize that the few online have lot of skills gm'ed. If skillgain would be easy like you guys want the shard would be a ghost town where people only go to events because there is simply nothing more you can do in the world. The economy will never be the same again, everyone has the proper skills. Rabbi was the smart one here, he gm'ed in a time where no one had skills and you guys can see his fortune. But what can he do now? nothing.

The emails to be sent should be done some time ago and not now. New players can't establish a deal everyone there has that skill to use for him/herself. I would like to see a profession per character, not a character that could make everything... Combat skills, or PvP skills would be allowed to get, but profession skills, like scrolls, armors, etc, the player could just choose one. These way the market on IN:X would be so much better....

UO is old and is possible to get everything in short time, people get bored.
And then we want a sphere like, wich is old tough. New expansions came to get more incomers, new items,...
There are lots and lots of monsters types for example, why we just use those extreme dragons? why dragons and not something else?
I know you guys want to be sticked up to sphere, to xuo and IN. But in a time of crisis we have to innovate, to get some action, some risk. We have the base, lets do something else, something more. Sphere is old, we just have to move on and continue our lifes, per say....

Well, i dont know if people are getting what im saying. I just dont know.

oh and by the way, that vendor mall it's a total mess. I think someone should put those pads like to first mall had, where you put the vendor up that. I would just remove it, it monopolizes everything... Vendor's in houses, static shops spread in by the world would be so great,...

Regards,
Solid.

Shade Wrote:snkid: Did you just suggest to make something harder?! I hope the players here don't tar and feather you. Good suggestion though, I think to change it though would require rebalancing the craft rates as well though as I believe they are tied together.

not harder but not forever. for example im traininng some combat skills with Black Diamond armor and one day i see a mensage in game saying that the armor whose seriously damaged.. and after i repair it, the armor became like new. thats, for example, is bad for the economy because we will never need to buy armors. if people dont whant to decrease the sucess rate i give you another ideia, make armor value decrease after each repair. and like solid said if we make things easier they turn boring....

Rodas

Players should never get a PvP ready character from day one. Why? Because that'll effectively let them get past bans.

Think about it. If you got a PvP ready character from day one and if you know what you are doing you can get enough PvP supplies for a while in 30mins. You can act however you want and get banned but who cares? You could just make new account, new char and hunt for 30mins again and you are ready to go again. Only people who can't find out how to get past IP ban nowadays are the google impaired grannies who think computers are the devil.

snkid Wrote:not harder but not forever. for example im traininng some combat skills with Black Diamond armor and one day i see a mensage in game saying that the armor whose seriously damaged.. and after i repair it, the armor became like new. thats, for example, is bad for the economy because we will never need to buy armors. if people dont whant to decrease the sucess rate i give you another ideia, make armor value decrease after each repair. and like solid said if we make things easier they turn boring....

There already is a chance that armor will lose some of it durability each repair. Same with weapons.

Malik Wrote:There already is a chance that armor will lose some of it durability each repair. Same with weapons.

i know, what im saying is to increase that chance

Rodas

ScareCrow Wrote:I wrote an RP story a while ago.. wasted my sweet ass time and got no response.. 2nd time that happened to mr actually.. they ignore me its hilarious.. so.. Prototype just stopped logging on because we saw Dark Elf LOL whom by the way wrote theyre story after mine.... funny the way a shard works.. dont you find Shade?! what about you 80?!.

You guys are ****ing hilarious.

Like you and smoke have been roleplaying?! -Yeah right! :badgrin:

What do you want them to respond with? Don't you understand you'll never be capable to RP? Especially not little cry baby nr 1, smoke... There's not a tiny little chance you two could stick to roleplaying for one second. Stupid mother****ers.

And what has already been mentioned, what have Dark Elf to do with anything?Big Grin It's just unbelivable how you and smoke get everything to seem to be connected to the most unlogical things you can imagine! You guys are simply retarded.

[Image: sigpicc123.png]

read my post in the namechange topic ;p

- regards, Fable

apperently dark elf's rp story was approved before ours and it was posted way after ours.

Also we kill people, it's kinda of hard to do that on a playerbase of like 12 ppl and cut them up and eat their body. Especially since more than half of that 12 is afk macroing their skills. but oooohhhhh nooo it's not the skillgain's fault, I KNOW we'll blame the PVP cuz skillgain CAN'T be the problem. We also trying to NOT kill the macroers so they stay but wtv, if u want us to kill them to prove our rp story then so be it.

anyways i dare u guys to change the pvp to try to get old ppl back, serously.

I already know the outcome and it goes something like this:

*PvP Changes*
Most PvPers Quit INX (90% i'd say)
Some old players log on to check out the difference.
Those exact same old players never log on again because they see the skill gain is still hard
Playerbase=5 (AFK, not even active).

Shade Wrote:To Scarecrow: Nobody has received RP rewards for months now. I honestly have yet to see anyone carry themselves well enough to deserve anything. Writing a short story does not earn much of anything except my time, a level of commitment needs to be proven in game. When a player doesn't log on or interact with others it is hard to witness any commitment at all.

What does the dark elf guild have to do with anything anyway? Like I said, nobody has earned any rewards for months now.

Also you guys are so quick to change everything else but why don't you do a forum search of all the old posts of people wanting the pvp changed. You claim we should change something for a few players when nobody was willing to change something a bunch of players wanted? Not that it matters anymore, promising no change in that department was really the downfall of our player base, for those who seemed to miss out on all that.

snkid: Did you just suggest to make something harder?! I hope the players here don't tar and feather you. Good suggestion though, I think to change it though would require rebalancing the craft rates as well though as I believe they are tied together.

Shade: forum search of all the old posts of people wanting the pvp changed

Wasnt the agree-ment that we get our Xuo PVP andINR gets their PVM... your so quick to bring up irrelevant information... anyways like i said Shade.. Im just giving my opinion and It seems like many people agree with me... that post I made about this exact problem and there were so many people agreeing and nothing happened.. If you wanna change the PVP then do it.. youll lose 4-6 players... at most? that leaves ummm... 1 AFK miner and maybe 2 hunters... 3 online at peak time. Seriously... think about it.. i honest could care less... do whatever you guys want...

Regards,

Bow Down To The ScareKing! jeje

[Image: scarecrowinxkd2.gif]

why dont we just mix the two types of PvP? then make events for both types, who wants joins that type. Honestly i just know XUO PvP don't know how the IN's was but why not? dont change just mix it. I think that everyone is being stubborn. We should think about things, why do we act like this "dont like it then ill not try it"?

Why not give PvP supplies and skills to duel but without using that char in the world? Like PvP shards do? just walk around an area with supplies and arenas. But that character could not be used outside that...

Oh well,...
Regards, Solid.

Sorry Shade, I am a person with an identity and an opinion, not a lightswitch you can turn on and off as you like. If you're saying you'll ban me for expressing my opinion when I'm not breaking any rules doing that, then I think you're giving everyone a pretty clear picture of what's allowed on this shard; compliance with the 2 people who decide the direction of this shard or silence.

As for me no longer being staff, before you make assumptions fill yourself in. I'm no longer staff because I flamed with my mortal account on the forums about being killed by a staff for no reason. Taran said I should have gone directly to him about this instead of posting on the forums and giving the shard a negative look. THAT'S the reason I'm no longer staff. Not for whatever reason you somehow got in your heard. If you really want to look over it, here's the thread.

As for skill difficulty vs the pvp being the cause for losing players, they both contributed. The XUO side of the shard doesn't like the hard skillgain, and the IN side of the shard doesn't like the pvp. If the shard is a 50/50 split (just for arguments sake) and half the IN players don't like the pvp and quit over it, and half the XUO players don't like the skillgain and quit over it, you've lost an equal amount of players for both reasons and now the shard is half the size it was. Nobody can say the pvp is not a deterrent because an equal amount of people left because of it as they did the bad skillgain.

Shade, he is a person with real feelings. Say your sorry to him this very instant!