Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: Follow up on a few suggestions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4

Eighty Swords

In the past little while we've seen/given a lot of suggestions, some good some bad, and I wanted to check with the staff to see if these suggestions were being considered or not.

Please don't debate the suggestions in this thread. Click on the suggestion in my list below and talk about it in it's own thread!

-Enable hiding in ctf's
-Add a scoreboard to ctf
-Add a way to dupe books
-Balance weapons so people use weapons that were good like battle axe, war fork, etc.
-Hair dye tubs
-Allow plant watering from water tiles
-Increase use range on items in houses
-Fences
-Reduce weights of ore and/or ingots

smoke

-Enable hiding in ctf's
-Add a scoreboard to ctf
-Add a way to dupe books
-Balance weapons so people use weapons that were good like battle axe, war fork, etc.
-Hair dye tubs
-Fences
-Reduce weights of ore and/or ingots

1. I agree
2. yes
3. just create them with new resources or buy them
4. battle axe and bards are fine besides the hitting bug.. warforks cna use some tweaking
5. yes i would also like to see normal mortal skin dyes
6. sure
7. sure if it makes things easier
8. perosnally id say no because people would just block there house off of the area
9. yes

yeah sorry i didn't post in each thread seeing as that would take to long

Eighty Swords

No prob smoke. I just don't want huge long answers on each one. Short replies like that are good so staff can see the general opinion on the suggestions.

I commented on your point on duping books so click on the link to the thread in my first post and answer back there.
Hiding in CTF: This is just like summons and can be turned on or off in a second. You could always try requesting it during the next ctf and see what happens Smile

Scoreboard for CTF: This is possible and may be good to add. My only concern is people would see they are losing and just give up. That happens already but may be more likely to happen if players can easily check scores. Though with a higher playerbase this might not be an issue.

Duping books: Thats kind of just a "I'm too lazy" feature...

Weapon balance: While I don't feel they are totally unbalanced I do feel some of them have incorrect speeds. The only problem with changing them is, it is more then likely it will unbalance others. As someone said before, there will always be the best and worst weapon. This will be looked at but balancing like this is a pain because of all the factors it effects.

Hair dye: Well currently you can dye your hair with any dye tub so I don't see much point in adding tubs for it. However I could see selling hairdye that can be bought off a barber for xx amount of gold.

Watering plants from water tiles: I honestly am not fond of this idea... the reason you need a pitcher or other form of water container is because you pour an amount of water onto the plant. You don't splash water on a plant to water it and that just seems a little lazy and pointless.

Increase ranges: Hm I think I already increased the range on something... like tubs maybe. As for scissors, I dont think they should have a far range because thats just not realistic but maybe 1 more tile range might not be too bad. As for items in chests, I wouldn't want that more then 2 tiles either and if I remember I will check into it.

Fences: No

Reduce weights: Meh that just makes it easier to afk it and thats not something we want. This isn't totally out of the question but I am personally not fond of the idea.
What Shade said, hehe.

These are no:
Duping books ( if by books you mean runebook )
Fences
Reduce ingot/ore weight

The rest can be looked into. Although the weapon balancing I'm not so sure about, I'd really like Maka's help before tweaking anything that has to do with PvP and he's not around atm.

Eighty Swords

Please see the CTF threads where I replied to two points mentioned by Shade here. (I'm trying to keep this thread relatively clean). Click the suggestion in my first post to go to the thread.

And thanks for the yes/no/possibility answers Smile

Eighty Swords

Here is a new list of suggestions that would be cool to have. I don't think any of these should be considered as 'lazyness' elements because if it's what the players want it should be added so long as it doesn't have any negative factors that affect the shard. Once again please discuss the suggestions in their respective threads (click on the suggestion to go to it).

-Rename decorative plants
-Gm bard reward item
-Color normal doors in a house
-Fix to be made when paralysed
-More stackable items (sand, granite, clubs, wooden shields, keg ingredients, fishing nets)
-Colddrake quest
-Message of the Day gump
-Xtreme spawns
-Carpentry npcs sell more boards/logs
-Hair dye tubs
-Skill gaining quests
-Character deeds
-Ingame vote gump
-Hunters lounge
-Britannia war quest
-Allow each player to choose between Sphere and RUNUO craft menus (forget the link but that should explain the idea pretty clearly)
-Rename decorative plants - Meh.
-Gm bard reward item - Maybe...
-Color normal doors in a house - Always could do this, there was just a bit of confusion regarding this.
-Fix to be made when paralysed - Meh.
-More stackable items (sand, granite, clubs, wooden shields, keg ingredients, fishing nets) - Personally I hate non-stackable stackable items. They are nothing but trouble. Like I said before, changing itemIDs of an item to something that stacks is one thing but I am not dealing with more bs issues caused by making new stackables.
-Colddrake quest - I have no clue what quest this is referring to.
-Message of the Day gump - Wouldn't hurt but we'd probably make it a weekly message, then forget to update it...
-Xtreme spawns - No
-Carpentry npcs sell more boards/logs - Other npcs sell boards as well, no need for it to be increased. Go chop some damn logs.
-Balance weapons so people use weapons that were good like battle axe, war fork, etc. - On the to do list.
-Hair dye tubs - Already exist. Go to minoc barber or the one in serpent's hold.
-Allow plant watering from water tiles - Hows that work? You toss the plant in the water or splash it? Grab a pitcher you lazy ....
-Increase use range on items in houses - For some reason I thought I did this already. If not, oh well.
-Skill gaining quests - Skill gain is way to effin easy
-Character deeds - Eh... I am totally against name changes and sex changes make 0 sense. It wouldn't hurt to be able to get a tan so to speak though... maybe skin hue changes would be okay, within the normal area of skinhue selection.
-Ingame vote gump - Nah
-Hunters lounge - Sounds like another safe zone, no thanks.
-Britannia war quest - Go script it and we'll see.
-Allow each player to choose between Sphere and RUNUO craft menus - Ton of work for little to no reason. Besides with custom craftables that require 2-4 resources to make it would be a little silly to use the sphere craft menu when it cuts anything past 2 words off.

Eighty Swords

Shade just because you personally don't like something doesn't mean it can't be added... The developers are there to add features and content made to suit the players needs or requests. I don't get why so many things without a negative side to it are turned down.

-Rename decorative plants - Makes something look nicer when you click on it, so why NOT add it?
-Gm bard reward item - I've been told it was there on IN by IN players, everyone likes the idea, and the GM rewards on INX is something that comes from IN. Why not add it? Where's the negative side to it?
-Color normal doors in a house - yay!
-Fix to be made when paralysed - Even you said there's no harm in adding this so why not?
-More stackable items (sand, granite, clubs, wooden shields, keg ingredients, fishing nets) - What about granite? You said you were looking for a new itemid to this. Any luck?
-Colddrake quest - Ask Hiroshima in that thread, he mentioned it. I just noticed it wasn't getting any attention.
-Message of the Day gump - yes, definitely more of a message of the week thing
-Xtreme spawns - OK fine, lets keep the same 4-5 hunting spots... so bad to add variety, what was I thinking?!
-Carpentry npcs sell more boards/logs - Like I said, don't look at it as being a lazyness factor. Vendors also said cloth, leathers and other items/resources you can either make on your own or find in the world, so is this all going to be taken away? I've yet to find a vendor that sells 100 boards...
-Balance weapons so people use weapons that were good like battle axe, war fork, etc. - good to hear
-Hair dye tubs - yay!
-Allow plant watering from water tiles - People ask for it, it doesn't ruin the shard. IMO no harm in adding it.
-Increase use range on items in houses - I can still only use scissors on something when I'm right next to the item I want to cut and I can't equip armors or clothing when it's in a chest.
-Skill gaining quests - ok
-Character deeds - even if staff kept a private list of name changes it's a no? As for skin dyes, I think silverwolf meant this to only be the regular ones like when making a character, not special ones.
-Ingame vote gump - just wanted to put it out there
-Hunters lounge - nobody said it had to be guarded, but if it adds some activity it's not such a bad thing. Is this also a no to the hunting competition that was the other part of the suggestion?
-Britannia war quest - Sad
-Allow each player to choose between Sphere and RUNUO craft menus (forget the link but that should explain the idea pretty clearly) - I did think of the fact that sphere menus cut everything short but if people wanted it I didn't see the harm in it.
Tweaking battle axes?:O They are fine, just as hally's.
Warforks - I also always found em fine, it doesn't land huge crits thats why it's not being used that frequently, but its pretty good mana-draining weapon anyway. Hammer Picks also fine, but if u want to add more weapons, just like katanas , swords and so on, then its all good.
Anyways I just think if BA, hally, warfork will be tweaked we will end up with one imbalanced weapon:/ Altho if Maka will help on this one I don't worry about anything.
The coldrake quest he talking about is the one that have a npc in a small house in bucs den, Coldrake Aprendice something like it. You need to pass the area with para field near ice dung entrance SE ( not t2a entrance) to get to that house.
Quote:Shade just because you personally don't like something doesn't mean it can't be added

#1. I'm not commenting on any of the suggestions

but i find whenever anyone disagrees with any of your suggestions u give em that answer.....jus saying that the answer can't be used for the majority/everyone who disagrees seriously, if u check the threads.
Pages: 1 2 3 4