Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

PvP Poison

Ok first.. I agree with putting a delay one explosion, thats how it should be and thats how it was on IN.
I dont agree with poison though, considering we are trying to replicate IN1 pvp. It`s a neat idea, and would be cool to have to figure out different timings and ways to get around things but it completely changes how pvp would work and that isn`t what they are going for here.

And asterello... IN PvP is great fun but it most certainly is NOT the most balanced and is DEFINITELY not the the best put together system.. Hell the pvp on IN1 was a result of a terrible buggy client and staff that didnt really know how to fix things so they implemented strange solutions lol.

Shade: Did you just say the poison system I presented is unballanced because one player will have a hard time vs two players?

-??? ??s ????-

Well Redord whatever solutions they implemented worked because imo (and I've played alot of shards) it is the most balanced pvp I have seen. But maybe that's just because I enjoy this style pvp more than any other I have experienced.

MurderU Wrote:Shade: Did you just say the poison system I presented is unballanced because one player will have a hard time vs two players?

Your a moron. Why would you ask a question that was answered already? Just to add 1 post mark to your stats?

Not an ok reply /Taran

-??? ??s ????-

IN isnt UOGamers... nor is it any other shard. We arent OSI compliant when it comes to gameplay. The PVP is based on IN1's Sphere 51a type PVP which was custom tailored to be as balanced as possible and make for fun PVP.
If you'd like something changed give your best reasoning for it and wait for the decision, dont just say "Its how its done on UOGammers".

If at the end of the day it doesnt get changed so be it, learn the new tactics and get on with playing.

Oh yeah I remember when IN tried to implement a new pvp system and then it failed miserably. Thanks IN:X. Oh yeah and then I remember how terrible the pvp was on IN2 (not really staff fault). If you want that kind of pvp go to the "high end pvp" servers, oh and let me know if you catch someone who isn't standing afk by brit bank.

Let's just keep it the way it is meant to be. I disagree with redorb, the pvp is by far the most balanced, out of any shard out there.

in1 pvp was always broken, and its evolution was a progression of breaking it more and more and more to the point you needed high end armor and weapons and had to spam paralyze non stop, pricing a tonne of people out of pvp and generally killing it off in general. so yeah, i enjoyed in pvp, but it was always inevitable that it would break beyond repair eventually. IN2 pvp wasnt perfect, there were minor imbalances, but as a system it was sustainable, and if you knew your class well enough you could fight any other class. unless you were shit of course.

oh, and explo and eb were effective up to 60ar iirc, with no armor explo could do up to 60 damage and it dropped progressively to the point it didnt do any, i think EB did damage after 60ar but it was no more than 20... and there was no delay after explo on in1.

What are we comparing a broken system to? Because it's been my experience that on other shards you basically just use magic to trap or gank. No real fighting involved. Do you consider it balanced because one guy can only use weapons (dexxer) or the other can only use magic? I consider it balanced because its a mix of weapons and magic and you have a better chance fighting multiple people. Who cares if a few spells are off on the delay. Is it really that big of a deal?

well true perception of balance differs from person to person. its more that in aos each class has strengths and weaknesses, but the game itself is designed around that, for instance i used to play a swordsman and knew him inside out, it wasnt rock paper scissors as its commonly referred to because by the time i knew my character i could kill anything without too much difficulty, even groups of 5-10 i could have alot of fun with. the problem with sphere is that its inherently flawed, your character has a wider range of skills at his disposal however the pvp follows the same general pattern, until someone changes it by developing a new tactic, for instance paralyse spamming on IN1, which everyone then copied. the process goes on and on until its well and truly broken and everyone buggers off to either IN2 or WoW (Talking about in1, obviously).

not to say your general experience is wrong, its not, i've found that to be the case as well, aos servers with insurance have people with rediculously powerful kit bumming people or big groups to compensate. pre aos seems to be mage heaven. however in2's aos insurance offered the best of both by disabling insurance and the mind boggles as to why nobody has tried to do it since phantasya.

unfortunately yes the mechanics are a big deal, if they werent we would have never needed to merge with xuo, in1 would still be up and running with a playerbase of 200 and i would be way, way better off for cash because i wouldnt have felt the need to waste lots of money on the hundreds of games which have been released and dissappointing over the past five years ;/

I can see your point. I understand where your coming from, and yes the perception of balance does differ from player to player. My biggest reason for hating the other severs is I didn't want to be put in this box and told choose your path and you have to stay in this path because you could only GM 7 skills. That's what I loved about IN is I could whatever I wanted and it may or may not have played out in changing PVP. I guess on either side there is good arguments. But with that said, I still think IN has the best pvp system out there flawed or not.